Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    We'll probably end up playing Union.
    Not that I am happy about it, but I was correct. It will be in Schenectady, probably because of attendance "issues" in Troy. https://twitter.com/slapschotts/stat...76800441630725
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not that I am happy about it, but I was correct. It will be in Schenectady, probably because of attendance "issues" in Troy. https://twitter.com/slapschotts/stat...76800441630725
      Probably better than nothing but I am also not very happy about it. Come to think about it, since it is not at HFH, it really isn't better than nothing.
      It now won't likely be covered by RPI TV or streamed on YouTube.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Probably better than nothing but I am also not very happy about it. Come to think about it, since it is not at HFH, it really isn't better than nothing.
        It now won't likely be covered by RPI TV or streamed on YouTube.
        Hopefully, at least WRPI will cover it. I do think that it is better than nothing (unless there are injuries), and thankfully it's the same day so I don't have to adjust the countdown. :-D
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 3 September 2021. There are 29 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• All ECAC games are easily accessible on ESPN+. The broadcast quality isn't as good as RPItv but still very easy to watch

Comment

• https://twitter.com/RPI_Hockey/statu...86170203324418
              RPI Men's Hockey @RPI_Hockey 3h
              We are looking for a volunteer coach for the upcoming season. Contact our program directly via email at rpihockey@rpi.edu > Must follow RPI and NCAA guidelines.
              It's a way to get into the HFH. :-D
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hopefully, at least WRPI will cover it. I do think that it is better than nothing (unless there are injuries), and thankfully it's the same day so I don't have to adjust the countdown. :-D
                Can probably only happen if the present very capable WRPI broadcasters, none of which are students or staff, are not also deemed to be "external spectators" whose "management" is "to be determined" after they are "socially separated".

If they are not deemed to be any of those things, they will probably still be at ECAV doing the football game with a 2 P.M. start. Hockey starts at 4 P.M. Bad logistics.

Hopefully, the broadcasters will be permitted to enter ECAV. A potential loophole that may allow their presence there may be the administration's "newly created" category of "steerage".

Bluntly and as much as hockey is king at that place, for this overlap of game times it should be the also banned parents of the non scholarship D3 athletes that are given the preference. Remember, whether hockey people like it or not, those parents actually pay at least a portion of the tuition and board tab.

Comment

• In honor of Kyle Hallbauer and Maddy Papineau, today is 4 September 2021. There are 28 days (4 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• For anyone interested -RPI TV has started the broadcast of today's football contest with Montclair State. Go RED!!!!!!! This may not be one of those easy first games like we often schedule. Montclair is and has been a good team in the past few years.

Comment

• RPI leads Montclair State, 7-0, at the half. The defense has looked terrific. The offense started very slowly (I think they gained 6 net yards in their first 12 plays), but eventually put a drive together and scored in the final minute.

I note that Bob (don't remember his last name), who has done color for RPI football for many years, is absent today. I guess he doesn't count as faculty, student, or staff.

The Pep Band came out onto the field at halftime and lined up in concert formation to perform the alma mater. How many others remember when the band would line up in the shape of an "R" to play that number?

Comment

• Final score - RPI 21 Montclair State 20. Interesting in that the RPI offense was responsible for all 41 points scored in total. Defense was superb holding Montclair to zero points and so little yardage i do not think I needed to remove my shoes to count the total. Down 20-7 in the middle of the 4th quarter, they never gave up and won one that certainly seemed to look like they had given it away with 2 interceptions and one fumble recovery all returned for touchdowns against us. I do not think I can recall every seeing a game like this. Our offense needs some work. We rushed for zero yards on 33 attempts! But a win, is a win. Go Red!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

I note that Bob (don't remember his last name), who has done color for RPI football for many years, is absent today. I guess he doesn't count as faculty, student, or staff.
                          That would be Bob Conway, former mayor of Troy and my on-campus boss when he was Director of Academic Advising. He’s been retired from full-time work for over a decade, but he still runs the academic support system for the athletic department. When you see 90+% of the hockey team making the All-Academic team, that’s Bob’s handiwork. When I last saw him he indicated he’d probably retire from the football gig because traveling and maneuvering around D-3 press boxes was getting to be a big challenge.

Comment

• In honor of Jake Gagnon and Lilli Friis-Hansen, today is 5 September 2021. There are 27 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The most realistic options were the teams that had games that weekend canceled, i.e. AIC and Union. Although we like to see variety in scheduling, I think it will be good preparation for the team to get an exhibition game against the local rival.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Final score - RPI 21 Montclair State 20. Interesting in that the RPI offense was responsible for all 41 points scored in total. Defense was superb holding Montclair to zero points and so little yardage i do not think I needed to remove my shoes to count the total. Down 20-7 in the middle of the 4th quarter, they never gave up and won one that certainly seemed to look like they had given it away with 2 interceptions and one fumble recovery all returned for touchdowns against us. I do not think I can recall every seeing a game like this. Our offense needs some work. We rushed for zero yards on 33 attempts! But a win, is a win. Go Red!!!!!!!
                                Highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeSv8rNsULg. Even the final touchdown was on a weird tip.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X