No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In honor of Amanda Rampado, today is 1 September 2021. There are 31 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      If I'm not mistaken, RPI had an exhibition scheduled on Oct. 2 with Brock ? The opponent for that game has been removed from the schedule -- likely due to border issues among other things...
      Let's bring in a Russian team like we did in December one year back in the 80's.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Many of the Atlantic Hockey schools don't start their schedule until Oct. 8. So they might be available for an exhibition game on the 2nd.
        Hopefully we can get one of them to come to HFH.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Let's bring in a Russian team like we did in December one year back in the 80's.
          HA !! Love it !
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

It looks like more than just border issues. The Canadian schools used to start in early/mid-September, having several weeks head start on us. Brock's on-line schedule now shows the season starting in November.

If we are looking for another opponent, what are the ground rules? D-1 basketball teams can play non-D1 teams or adult club programs (often hastily thrown together groups of recent D-1 alums) or even USA Basketball teams looking for practice. All of our exhibition hockey opponents in recent years have been Canadian teams, but I wonder if we could schedule Plattsburgh or another D-3 program. No opponent will match up to our late '79 game with the Olympic team that went on to great fame, but I'd settle for anything that gives the boys a competitive workout before jumping into regular season play.
            Simon Fraser is starting games in early September and travel to U. Alaska on 9/25. So if anything it might be the eastern Canadian schools. EDIT: Scratch that. I forgot that the U.S. land border remains closed to Canadiens.....yet another policy that makes absolutely no sense, as they can fly into the U.S....but I digress.
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-01-2021, 12:13 PM.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              Many of the Atlantic Hockey schools don't start their schedule until Oct. 8. So they might be available for an exhibition game on the 2nd.
              Hopefully we can get one of them to come to HFH.
              I'd prefer hockey east

Comment

HA !! Love it !
                I had thought about suggesting that we could bring back a team of recent graduates to play a scrimmage but so many of them are playing somewhere else.

Comment

I had thought about suggesting that we could bring back a team of recent graduates to play a scrimmage but so many of them are playing somewhere else.
                  1st Annual RPI Hockey Pro-Am scrimmage ! HA

Comment

im sure you can field a team from all the kids still in the transfer portal
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• We'll probably end up playing Union.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

1st Annual RPI Hockey Pro-Am scrimmage ! HA
                        Sort of has a nice ring to it!!

Comment

Let's do ANYTHING like we did in the 80s.

Comment

• In honor of Brett Miller and Ashlyn Lewis, today is 2 September 2021. There are 30 days (1 month) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post

Let's do ANYTHING like we did in the 80s.
                              Let's not repeat an incident from the last season of that decade.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Let's not repeat an incident from the last season of that decade.
                                And there would some decent/good coaches after that (1989) but no more very good/outstanding/great coaches until 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X