RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

Your loyalty is certainly commendable. However, your willingness to be treated like garbage and tolerate being addressed by the most insulting and degrading terms imaginable is beyond comprehension.

Could you identify just one other entity that you are and have been paying all along from which you would accept this kind of treatment and insults from without taking your business elsewhere. Just one!!!

If your are in the habit of taking this kind of guff from people you have been paying money to, perhaps it is you that should have a great life.

Mine is just fine thank you. That is why people who behave like this can be replaced in a heartbeat.
    I am sorry if I offended you. I was just trying to point out that the team is more important than a lame duck administration.
    The administration has been awful when it comes to sports at the Institute, but I can't let that take away from my years of rooting for this team.
    It has been pointed out to me that you are loyal fan and that your post had nothing to do with the team.
    I know from your posts over the years that you are a passionate fan of the Cherry and White, but when I read the words "taking your business elsewhere", it sounds like you are leaving the team behind. I hope not,
    Don't blame them for a lousy administration that they can't control.
    We need all the fans that we can get.
    I look forward to the coming season, and hope that you do to.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

• RPI is looking for a Hockey Operations Coordinator as expected https://careers.rpi.edu/en-us/job/49...ens-ice-hockey.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        RPI is looking for a Hockey Operations Coordinator as expected https://careers.rpi.edu/en-us/job/49...ens-ice-hockey.
        That position is much easier to fill than an assistant coach luckily. Definitely a benefit of promoting from within

Comment

RPI is looking for a Hockey Operations Coordinator as expected https://careers.rpi.edu/en-us/job/49...ens-ice-hockey.
          What are they offering in pay and benefits? i have very little on my plate right now.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

What are they offering in pay and benefits? i have very little on my plate right now.
            It doesn't say. :-)
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 22 August 2021. There are 41 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 23 August 2021. There are 40 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Wicked: I really hoped that I was not going to be right about all of this with some of my sarcastic and pessimistic postings over the past year. Jenny and I are still waiting here for some response from Princeton as to whether we will be "allowed" to attend any games at Baker Rink (actually only the visit by RPI). We have always been willing to purchase season tickets even if it was for only the one game and donated or gave away the tickets to just about every other game.
                  Sadly Doc, I'm not optimistic that the Ivies will allow humanoids to enter their facilities...but hope springs eternal ....
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Sadly Doc, I'm not optimistic that the Ivies will allow humanoids to enter their facilities...but hope springs eternal ....
                    More upsetting is the fact that we are not even worthy of a response. Two years ago they changed our hard earned incredible season seating (just about on the red line) which we had for 40 years. Seemingly they decided to reserve those seats for their own alumni. We were offered alternative seating behind the goal which was simply not acceptable. i am not holding out any hope hearing from them. Our only hope is that RPI home games will be broad cast on YouTube as in the past and that we can find an occasional announcer willing to do the away games for WRPI.
                    BTW I think this team will be OK to start but could come together extremely well over the season and perhaps approach being the beast of the East we became accustomed to years ago. This is a big team with a very good coach and I am looking forward to some real upside potential.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

The Ivies are selling tickets for football in the fall, but I could see them (and RPI) banning fans indoors for winter sports if current trends continue. IMHO that would have long-term damaging effects. Given the great effort schools like RPI have made to keep the infection rates down, however, I can see a compromise scenario where attendance is limited to campus community members. I think I'd be OK with that if they (1) promote it heavily to students as a chance to support the program and get out of their rooms (hopefully increasing student attendance to levels we haven't see in the last decade); (2) utilize the full capacity of HFH so there is some distancing; and (3) continue to televise every home and away game via RPI TV and ESPN+.
                      Last edited by rpi82; 08-23-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know what number Adamo will have? Not like there are a lot not already used. Just 12, 22, 29, and the numbers greater than 30 except 34 and 39.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-23-2021, 04:28 PM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• After reading the email from the box office, I inquired as to if our application and check will be held in the ‘pending’ file and was told they will be shredded.I am not angry. I am disappointed and sad. I do understand. And I will be there whenever it is safe to do so. In the meantime I will watch on RPITV and the ECAC site that broadcasts the games. And breakout whatever giveaways I have from previous seasons and cheer on the team. And let’s not forget the women. I will miss their games as well. They are not televi

Comment

• *televised outside RPITV I assume.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                              After reading the email from the box office, I inquired as to if our application and check will be held in the ‘pending’ file and was told they will be shredded.I am not angry. I am disappointed and sad. I do understand. And I will be there whenever it is safe to do so. In the meantime I will watch on RPITV and the ECAC site that broadcasts the games. And breakout whatever giveaways I have from previous seasons and cheer on the team. And let’s not forget the women. I will miss their games as well. They are not televised outside of RPITV I assume.
                              ESPN+ televises all non-RPI ECAC home games for men and women.

Comment

Does anyone know what number Adamo will have? Not like there are a lot not already used. Just 12, 22, 29, and the numbers greater than 30 except 34 and 39.

Comment

Working...
                                X