No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is 16 July 2021. There are 78 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

Nice to hear from you again after a prolonged absence lasting since about the time you drove here to rescue your daughter from living under the rule of Ms. Wiggins and Mr. Tugball.

None the less, have always been curious whether you were ever refunded any of the prepaid room and board fees or not.
      Not yet…. A few of her teammates have been refunded. One by check in the mail. One by credit on the fall tuition bill.
      Our daughters “case” was turned over to someone new in June so it’s like we just started over from square one.

Comment

• Originally posted by VGK View Post
        Not yet…. A few of her teammates have been refunded. One by check in the mail. One by credit on the fall tuition bill.
        Our daughters “case” was turned over to someone new in June so it’s like we just started over from square one.
        Sorry to hear that even though I suspected what the answer was before even asking. Not even a bit surprised.

Suspect owners of rental units within proximity of the campus are in for a banner year. Leases do not subject tenants to house confinement at the drop of a whim nor do they often allow property owners to engage in money grabs.

Only wish dad, who owned four studio unit available for rent just four blocks from the student union, was still with us. He made out pretty well from RPI students even though the demand probably did not overwhelm the supply back then. Sounds to me like there will probably be a far greater demand for the upcoming rodeo.

Much to my chagrin back then, dad probably could have done a whole lot better then he did. He never believed leases were worth the paper they were written on so he never required them. In addition, the units were woefully underpriced considering how nice they were and the area they were in nor did he charge the kids for June and July unless they actually stayed in Troy for the summer. The foreign kids he often had as tenants must have been walking around saying "what a country". Finally, his wife at that time was a maniacal cook at extremely high levels of quality and quantity of Italian food with the excess very often being distributed to the kids. Pretty sure that none of his tenants were athletes which was probably a good thing. No way any of them could of maintained their playing weight eating that stuff.

Despite my annoyance at dad's business practices, he must have known what he was doing. I do not recall his ever being stiffed by any RPI kid and I am almost positive none of them ever moved out to go live elsewhere nearby!!! They would of had to have been as crazy to do either as the administration appears to be now.

Comment

• Today is 17 July 2021. There are 77 days (11 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 18 July 2021. There are 76 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 19 July 2021. There are 75 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• American Academy of Pediatrics recommending mask use for ALL school students and staff for Fall 2021, regardless of vax status. Given SAJ's history of locking the campus down can only lead me to believe that an RPI hockey season is far from a sure thing .....

https://services.aap.org/en/news-roo...-in-fall-2021/
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  American Academy of Pediatrics recommending mask use for ALL school students and staff for Fall 2021, regardless of vax status. Given SAJ's history of locking the campus down can only lead me to believe that an RPI hockey season is far from a sure thing .....

https://services.aap.org/en/news-roo...-in-fall-2021/
                  Believe this only applies to elementary and middle schools. Those would (and should) be the only areas the Pediatrics Academy would be concerned with.

However, you are probably correct in your assessment related to this particular place. To them it is as good an excuse as any to lock down, cancel, mask, distance, temperature check, test, etc., etc. however inapplicable this release is to a college setting.

Another group it does not apply to is us. Should anyone try to make it applicable to us above and beyond any guidelines set by the government then just don't go there or spend any money there. It's really that simple.

Not sure even the government can get people to buy in to going back to what they were already forced to do for over a year. Frankly, I think folks will just ignore the government the next time around. What chance would (or should) one individual organization have of accomplishing same? Probably absolutely none.

Comment

• Today is 20 July 2021. There are 74 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

Believe this only applies to elementary and middle schools. Those would (and should) be the only areas the Pediatrics Academy would be concerned with.

However, you are probably correct in your assessment related to this particular place. To them it is as good an excuse as any to lock down, cancel, mask, distance, temperature check, test, etc., etc. however inapplicable this release is to a college setting.

Another group it does not apply to is us. Should anyone try to make it applicable to us above and beyond any guidelines set by the government then just don't go there or spend any money there. It's really that simple.

Not sure even the government can get people to buy in to going back to what they were already forced to do for over a year. Frankly, I think folks will just ignore the government the next time around. What chance would (or should) one individual organization have of accomplishing same? Probably absolutely none.
                      You are correct. Despite requiring all students to be vaccinated, it seems that RPI is going to require masks to be worn on campus. The students are already speaking out against this online, and I imagine compliance will be difficult since the CDC guidelines say that a vaccination means you don't need to wear one

Comment

• On another note, I saw Linden Marshall this morning as I was driving by the field house on my way to work. Wonder if the players are starting to arrive in Troy

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

You are correct. Despite requiring all students to be vaccinated, it seems that RPI is going to require masks to be worn on campus. The students are already speaking out against this online, and I imagine compliance will be difficult since the CDC guidelines say that a vaccination means you don't need to wear one
                          My guess is the Czar will offer expulsion if not worn like other Ivy type unies have

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Require masks or anything else of us (or anyone else for that matter) at this time in the present environment with the state of mind people have presently arrived at??? They are kidding, right???

Question!!! If these loons will not leave you alone like EVERY SINGLE OTHER ENTERTAINMENT VENUE IN THE ENTIRE CAPITAL DISTRICT THAT I AM AWARE OF (INCLUDES BOTH INDOOR AND OUTDOOR WITH CROWDS RANGING FROM 2,000 UP TO 30,000) is already doing then why aggravate yourself by not only even going there at all but paying for it too?

Have already been to the minor league ballpark within walking distance of my home and WAS LEFT ALONE. Friends have already been to INDOOR arena football and WERE LEFT ALONE. Some also plan on bringing kids and/or grandkids to the same INDOOR facility for the upcoming WWE show KNOWING FULL WELL THEY WILL BE LEFT ALONE. Of course, mega thousands have already been to the horse track (just as I plan on being at least once) and WERE LEFT ALONE. Don't know this first hand, but I will take a wild guess that it is pretty much the same at the local car dirt tracks and drag strips. Fans of those sports have always brought "protection" and have never needed any demigods to tell them to do so. Hardly anyone goes there without earplugs!!!

If there is some entity out there somewhere run by people so far bats that they simply refuse to do same, it stands to reason that anyone who chooses to have anything to do with them may very well be every bit as bats as they are. Don't buy or pay for anything until you are assured YOU WILL BE LEFT ALONE!!!

While it is their property and they can do anything they want there, these people are simply not qualified leaders who have any business making ANY DECISIONS FOR ANYBODY. There are also not the higher intellect saviors of the masses whose "brilliance" makes it possible for them to know what is best for us. What they are is little more than inane drowns who are totally self absorbed, egocentric and delusional narcissists and who need to be ignored and avoided.

In fact, it already has happened. By the time this past spring rolled around, even EVERY SINGLE OTHER MEMBER INSTITUTION of their own D3 conference had enough of them and their BS. When the almighty powers of the place decided that conference play should only start when the grand exalted mystic rulers said it should, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM said bleep you and started the season without them. Frankly, if any of them really had any genitals, they would have said you start when we start or we won't play you at all!!!

In these times there is simply no longer any need for any of us the put up with any guff from a group of loons who are totally bats!!! Normal people are already welcoming all to their facilities and they are welcoming them as they are. They are not doing this because they are loons that are totally bats. They are doing it to stay relevant in the marketplace and/or simply stay in business, possibly even showing a profit. Only loons who are totally bats would do otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post

My guess is the Czar will offer expulsion if not worn like other Ivy type unies have
                              Never will get the chance to do so here. Require anything other than showing a vaccination card and matching photo ID (which they have every right to require even though absolutely no one else is) and it's hasta la vista baby.

When they took a hike last fall, last winter and much of the last spring, I realized fairly quickly and much to my surprise that I simply did not need them and did not even remotely miss them.

What replaced them so easily?

1) Last fall watched all 13 Alabama football games sometimes with mouth open in total disbelief at what I just saw those people do. Sometimes not even the replay could convince me of what I just saw. When the Crimson Tide are done putting on their spectacle, their conference has 13 other teams that also very good at filling the need for sports entertainment. With four non conference games back on the schedules this year, even conference doormat Vanderbilt will beat the living stuffing out of at least two of them.

2) When winter came along, watched all 30 games played by the utterly incomparable Paige Beuckers. That entailed OFTEN watching with mouth open in total disbelief at what I just saw. With the eligibility waiver granted for last season and the NIL legislation now in place, four more years of her at UCONN is virtually guaranteed. There is simply no WNBA or European team brand that a player can be affiliated with that will result in more endorsement money rolling in than being affiliated with the UCONN brand. Add the fact that the woman is far more than fairly attractive and you may be dealing with Danica Patrick and Anna Kournikova type money.

Miss some of these performances that you can watch at home for free to go someplace where you have to pay to get in AND put up with their guff and BS. I don't think so. Would not be one of their best ideas of all time (assuming they ever had a good idea).

Comment

• Today is 21 July 2021. There are 73 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X