No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy summer! 12 weeks to first face off!

Comment

• Today is 11 July 2021. There are 83 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 12 July 2021. There are 82 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 13 July 2021. There are 81 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• No insider knowledge, just pure speculation, but I'd keep an eye out for David Wilkie for the assistant opening. 123-78-24 record over 4 seasons. Big culture guy who holds players to high standard, outstanding hockey IQ, great at in-game adjustments. Seems like someone DS would want. Former NHL player too even though that doesn't have to do with coaching.

Got that info from this post on FYC from one of his former assistants at Omaha. The results also speak for themselves http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/144...mment=14907390

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
              No insider knowledge, just pure speculation, but I'd keep an eye out for David Wilkie for the assistant opening. 123-78-24 record over 4 seasons. Big culture guy who holds players to high standard, outstanding hockey IQ, great at in-game adjustments. Seems like someone DS would want. Former NHL player too even though that doesn't have to do with coaching.

Got that info from this post on FYC from one of his former assistants at Omaha. The results also speak for themselves http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/144...mment=14907390
              Zach Dubinsky helped recruit an AC also? ;-)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• BTW, the NAHL draft is tomorrow.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 14 July 2021. There are 80 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• This landed in ye olde in box today.... apparently I've been demoted from a supporter to some guy " who's been around....." Can't make it up ! HA
                    I 'm tempted to offer some of my long rifles and rounds for some team-building target practice, but I'm sure SAJ would frown upon that !

As someone who has been around RPI Hockey I am reaching out to you today to share with you a team building activity we have planned for this August. We plan to take the team on a camping trip to Lake Placid, NY from August 16 -18.

This email is a request for camping supplies such as tents and other items our group of 35 could easily pack into our team bus.

We will be doing many things in Lake Placid such as community service and touring the arena where the ECAC championship is played.

Please email me by replying to this email if you have tents or other camping supplies that our program could borrow. We would return these as soon as we return.

The hockey season is coming fast

Thanks in advance,

Dave Smith
                    Head Coach

""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      This landed in ye olde in box today.... apparently I've been demoted from a supporter to some guy " who's been around....." Can't make it up ! HA
                      I 'm tempted to offer some of my long rifles and rounds for some team-building target practice, but I'm sure SAJ would frown upon that !

As someone who has been around RPI Hockey I am reaching out to you today to share with you a team building activity we have planned for this August. We plan to take the team on a camping trip to Lake Placid, NY from August 16 -18.

This email is a request for camping supplies such as tents and other items our group of 35 could easily pack into our team bus.

We will be doing many things in Lake Placid such as community service and touring the arena where the ECAC championship is played.

Please email me by replying to this email if you have tents or other camping supplies that our program could borrow. We would return these as soon as we return.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Smith
                      Head Coach

Maybe DS should reconsider and have the retreat at Houston FH for the returnees to get reacquainted and the new players get introduced!!!! But, of course that would require the doors to be open and ice in place!!

Surely, Shirley could make this happen !!

Comment

• Today is 15 July 2021. There are 79 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This landed in ye olde in box today.... apparently I've been demoted from a supporter to some guy " who's been around....." Can't make it up ! HA

Thanks in advance,

Dave Smith
                          Head Coach

if they don’t play their way there, at least they can say they were the first team to go to Lake Placid this year
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• I just noticed that RPI alum and occasional poster here Tyler Hinman won the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament in April. It was conducted virtually this year. He last won in 2009, although he had 4 second-place and 2 third-place finishes since then.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-15-2021, 04:02 PM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks in advance,

Dave Smith
                              Head Coach

This is interesting. The women’s team was planning and fundraising to do this prior to the 2020 season. And then everything stopped and we haven’t heard a thing about it since.
                              We were hoping they would do it this summer. But apparently we’re not.

Comment

• Originally posted by VGK View Post
                                This is interesting. The women’s team was planning and fundraising to do this prior to the 2020 season. And then everything stopped and we haven’t heard a thing about it since.
                                We were hoping they would do it this summer. But apparently we’re not.
                                Nice to hear from you again after a prolonged absence lasting since about the time you drove here to rescue your daughter from living under the rule of Ms. Wiggins and Mr. Tugball.

None the less, have always been curious whether you were ever refunded any of the prepaid room and board fees or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X