RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Alex Calvaruso is apparently in Michigan https://twitter.com/YostBuilt/status...33482255441925.
    Good for him, I was hoping he'd find a spot somewhere.

Comment

• So I got a wordy email yesterday from the HFH box office regarding season tickets....offering little in the way of anything concrete regarding HFH attendance this fall, other than they will continue ignoring state/federal guidelines and go with whatever Shirley dreams up as acceptable (ok, so maybe I am editorializing a bit ...). And oh by the way, please pony up for the golf outing on Aug. 9th.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Good for him, I was hoping he'd find a spot somewhere.
        i wonder how many players have ever played for three colleges.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not many probably. Bailey Conger was close! :-P

Comment

Hank Crone: BU --> Denver --> Northern Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              So I got a wordy email yesterday from the HFH box office regarding season tickets....offering little in the way of anything concrete regarding HFH attendance this fall, other than they will continue ignoring state/federal guidelines and go with whatever Shirley dreams up as acceptable (ok, so maybe I am editorializing a bit ...). And oh by the way, please pony up for the golf outing on Aug. 9th.
              Lucky you. Did not get it myself. In the event there are others who did not get it, could you post it here. Would be curious to see it.

However, did get the golf flyer. Found it hilarious. There are no government restrictions on golf facilities that I (a non golfer) am aware of. Based on their website, the particular facility being used does not appear to have imposed any of their own either. Obviously, you can play and dine at this place as a member or as a guest of a member with absolutely no restrictions of any kind. But, to attend this event, you not only have to pay pretty stiff registration fees but also simultaneously must agree to comply with TOTALLY UNSPECIFIED RESTRICTIONS TO DETERMINED AT A LATER DATE BY THE SPONSOR OF THE EVENT. The sponsor, of course, is little more than a freaking day renter of the facility. Sure sounds like something I would commit a day and a lot of yen to. Really, I don't think so!!!

The wise should consider the golf flyer as a red flag before paying up for season tickets. Doing that should not even be considered without first obtaining both a full disclosure of what the "requirements" are and assurances that the "goal lines and goal posts" are not going to move all over the place whenever the power and control intoxicated see fit. Only at that point can you make any intelligent decisions as to what your (and your wallets') "restrictions tolerances" are. Fail to do that and the powers to be up there are very likely to have you chasing your own tail or a carrot on a stick while PAYING THEM a decent chunk of change to go someplace where your simply cannot either relax, let it out, unwind or have a good time for a night out. Kind of important that folks start acting like PAYING CUSTOMERS instead of sheep in order to maintain some semblance of control and make their own decisions.
              My best guess, based on most people I know or do business with, is that there are presently far more "zero tolerance to restrictions and protocols" individuals than individuals that are still willing to put up with either. Entities that continue believing and act like they are the self appointed "saviors of the lower browed masses" and still will not simply leave people alone will see a noticeable decline in their "traffic" and revenue, in my opinion. Unfortunately, believe this is indeed going to be the case at a place I have enjoyed going to since age 11.

For the record my present tolerance of protocols and procedures are as follows: A) Here is my full vaccination certification (it's called an Excelsior Pass in New York State) and photo ID. B) Get lost, get the ---- out of my way and leave me alone. Anything other than this and it's sayonara. The more PAYING CUSTOMERS DEMAND THIS, the more likely you are to remain enjoying interacting with people you have done so with for years.

Again, PAYING CUSTOMERS MERELY LOOKING FOR AN ENJOYABLE NIGHT OUT. Not students looking for a degree that virtually assures them a very comfortable life. Not contractors looking for a lucrative payday. Not staff dependent on the paycheck that comes every two weeks. Those three groups are all virtually defenseless since there are an endless supply of replacements for them that will take their place in a second if they dare do anything that resists the regime. Unlike any of those groups, PAYING SEASON TICKET CUSTOMERS combined cough up over a quarter million dollars a year and their readily available replacements consists of, well, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!!! In our case, there is a modicum of buying power here that has at least some clout. USE IT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                ... they will continue ignoring state/federal guidelines and go with whatever Shirley dreams up as acceptable ...
                We go live to the HFH ticket office ...

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  Thanks for the laugh!

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

Lucky you. Did not get it myself. In the event there are others who did not get it, could you post it here. Would be curious to see it.

However, did get the golf flyer. Found it hilarious. There are no government restrictions on golf facilities that I (a non golfer) am aware of. Based on their website, the particular facility being used does not appear to have imposed any of their own either. Obviously, you can play and dine at this place as a member or as a guest of a member with absolutely no restrictions of any kind. But, to attend this event, you not only have to pay pretty stiff registration fees but also simultaneously must agree to comply with TOTALLY UNSPECIFIED RESTRICTIONS TO DETERMINED AT A LATER DATE BY THE SPONSOR OF THE EVENT. The sponsor, of course, is little more than a freaking day renter of the facility. Sure sounds like something I would commit a day and a lot of yen to. Really, I don't think so!!!

The wise should consider the golf flyer as a red flag before paying up for season tickets. Doing that should not even be considered without first obtaining both a full disclosure of what the "requirements" are and assurances that the "goal lines and goal posts" are not going to move all over the place whenever the power and control intoxicated see fit. Only at that point can you make any intelligent decisions as to what your (and your wallets') "restrictions tolerances" are. Fail to do that and the powers to be up there are very likely to have you chasing your own tail or a carrot on a stick while PAYING THEM a decent chunk of change to go someplace where your simply cannot either relax, let it out, unwind or have a good time for a night out. Kind of important that folks start acting like PAYING CUSTOMERS instead of sheep in order to maintain some semblance of control and make their own decisions.
                    My best guess, based on most people I know or do business with, is that there are presently far more "zero tolerance to restrictions and protocols" individuals than individuals that are still willing to put up with either. Entities that continue believing and act like they are the self appointed "saviors of the lower browed masses" and still will not simply leave people alone will see a noticeable decline in their "traffic" and revenue, in my opinion. Unfortunately, believe this is indeed going to be the case at a place I have enjoyed going to since age 11.

For the record my present tolerance of protocols and procedures are as follows: A) Here is my full vaccination certification (it's called an Excelsior Pass in New York State) and photo ID. B) Get lost, get the ---- out of my way and leave me alone. Anything other than this and it's sayonara. The more PAYING CUSTOMERS DEMAND THIS, the more likely you are to remain enjoying interacting with people you have done so with for years.

Again, PAYING CUSTOMERS MERELY LOOKING FOR AN ENJOYABLE NIGHT OUT. Not students looking for a degree that virtually assures them a very comfortable life. Not contractors looking for a lucrative payday. Not staff dependent on the paycheck that comes every two weeks. Those three groups are all virtually defenseless since there are an endless supply of replacements for them that will take their place in a second if they dare do anything that resists the regime. Unlike any of those groups, PAYING SEASON TICKET CUSTOMERS combined cough up over a quarter million dollars a year and their readily available replacements consists of, well, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!!! In our case, there is a modicum of buying power here that has at least some clout. USE IT!!!
                    Very good post/points.

Maybe those who decided to leave, players and assistant coach, had same vibe/feeling that the Fall was not a guarantee to play or even if they did play, have no fans in seats, restrictions lifted for a normal life. And with SAJ leaving, why would she care if there was any normalcy.

Those young men who left, and have stayed, are not blind, dumb and deaf……

Comment

• Today is 30 June 2021. There are 94 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• We all understand that SAJ has no interest in the hockey program, but shouldn't the AD be the one to keep us up to date on the current and future situations concerning all athletics?
                        Where it the good doctor hiding? What is his purpose in this institution? I bet he is still receiving a paycheck. It must be nice to be a puppet.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

• I believe he was a puppet from day 1. Nothing new here.
                          The only hope (seriously) is that the Board of Trustees and search committee look at the athletic aspect of their search. It likely won't happen but can always hope.

Comment

• Today is 1 July 2021. There are 93 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by tony/troy View Post

Here's the email from the HFH Box Office. That the message wasn't sent by the AD, is telling in my view. You'd think the leader of the athletic department would take the opportunity to reach out to the fans of the school's most visible sport. As has been mentioned by others here, I suspect MacElroy will ride off into the sunset with or before Shirley does...

To Our Men’s and Women’s Hockey Season Ticket Holders,Let’s first start off with saying that we miss you and hope everyone and their families are well. For all of us it has been a long, challenging time this past year as we navigated into uncharted territory in so many areas of our personal and professional lives. We left off in early March 2020 with our Men’s Team on its way to hosting ECAC playoffs only to have the entire sports world shut down shortly thereafter.
                              While life begins to return to normal, we want to reach out to you and provide some updates as it relates to the return to sports at RPI. Our current plan is that sports will return with full schedules beginning this Fall with fans allowed. What that looks like in terms of crowd capacities, seating, and protocols should very much be considered “In Process” and we would ask for your patience and understanding while we get direction from the institutional administration as to how to best go forward. As you know, RPI has been aggressive, and will remain so, with keeping any potential threat of COVID19 and subsequent Variants at bay while protecting our community so while NYS and/or Federal guidelines may help give us some direction, we assure you RPI will remain even more vigilant including but not limited to the NCAA, ECAC and other related leagues. This is important to note as it not only helps us provide a safer environment for our Student Athletes, Faculty & Staff, but our guests as well.
                              We are working on a season ticket package and you should see something late July. You will be happy to know while we are hosting more home contests this season, we will not be increasing our season pricing and of course every Men’s Hockey Season order will include a Season Pass to the Women’s Hockey home contests. Also, those of you who pre-paid for last season, we will be crediting that towards this year. For updates on new players, schedules, season ticket orders, etc. please visit: https://rpiathletics.com/
                              So while we are still seeking some direction, we wanted to reach out and say we missed you, we hope you will return as a season ticket holder, we ask for your continued patience but most of all let’s do our collective parts to getting back to cheering on our Engineers! Please feel free to reach out to the Box Office at boxoffice@rpi.edu or call 518-276-6262 for more information. Please note that many of us are staffing the COVID Test area and/or working remotely so may have some delay in returning messages.
                              We value you as a patron.
                              Please also check out the message below and mark your calendars for the 2021 RPI Men's Hockey Golf Tournament!
                              Thank you for your continued support of RPI Athletics & Let’s Go Red!
                              -Norris Pearson & Cecilia Widomski
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Today is 2 July 2021. There are 92 days (3 months) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X