RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    BTW, someone mentioned that perhaps we could get Randy Hernandez from the defunct RMU program. The rumor is he is going to Canisius.
    Worth some consideration!

Comment

• Lineup sheet for today's game https://twitter.com/BrklynSummerJHL/...83157789827072 shows that Kyle Hallbauer had no points a week ago.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 24 June 2021. There are 100 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

I don't think Lange is ready for an assistant position yet. His only experience is as Dir. of Hockey Ops at RPI. No coaching experience anywhere.
          Personally, I'm hoping for a younger candidate. If they are currently in the NCAA, I hope they have a good recruiting and player development track record. If they are not, I hope they have been part of a winning program in juniors and also shown good player development there.
          I wish Mike Lysyj was ready, but he is not there yet. Loved what he did here as Volunteer Assistant. He was an assistant in the WHL for 2 years after RPI, and this season, he'll be a head coach in the NAHL. He's someone to keep in mind if we have another opening in a few years
          I had not thought of Lysyj, but i agree that he is not yet ready.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• A great check in from our Finnish guys.... Looking great fellas! #Leppanen #Sertti #Nykanen Getting ready together for @RPI_Hockey #ECAC https://twitter.com/RPI_HockeyCoach/...68169915277313
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 25 June 2021. There are 99 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Shirley just sent an email to the RPI community announcing her retirement effective July 1st, 2022. LET'S F?CKING GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  Shirley just sent an email to the RPI community announcing her retirement effective July 1st, 2022. LET'S F?CKING GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
                  Well, I might as well post it anyway.

The following memo was shared today with members of the Rensselaer campus community. We are sharing it with you – our alumni/ae and parents – as part of our ongoing effort to keep you informed.

June 25, 2021

To: The Rensselaer Community
                  From: Shirley Ann Jackson, Ph.D., President, Institute Professor, Professor of Physics, Applied Physics, and Astronomy, Professor of Engineering Sciences
                  Re: Retirement as President of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Dear members of the Rensselaer community,

Over two decades ago, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and the Capital Region community welcomed me, Morris, and our son, Alan, into its family. We are deeply grateful for the support and friendship we have experienced throughout the years. I am extraordinarily proud of this university, and all that we have achieved working together, yet the time has come for the next chapter of my life and career. I will step down from my post as President of this great institution on July 1, 2022.

It has been the privilege and honor of my professional career to serve as President of Rensselaer since 1999. Throughout my tenure, the Institute has transformed into a vibrant community, with significant investments in new and existing academic, research, and residential facilities, including the Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies (CBIS), the Curtis R. Priem Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center (EMPAC), the East Campus Athletic Village (ECAV), and the Center for Computational Innovations (CCI). Under The Rensselaer Plan and The Rensselaer Plan 2024, among innumerable accomplishments, we secured a $360 million unrestricted gift to the university (2001); increased research expenditures to $104 million (FY2019); invested more than $850 million in facilities and infrastructure for research, teaching, and student life; and hired more than 450 new faculty members since Fall 1999. As we have done this, we have transformed the student experience with Clustered Learning, Advocacy, and Support for Students (CLASS), The Arch, and our greatly enhanced support for graduate students.

Navigating the university through the unprecedented, global pandemic this past year tested our courage, agility, and flexibility. We passed the test with flying colors. Moreover, this year we were, once again, on the international stage as part of President Biden's Leaders Summit on Climate, where we announced the launch of the Institute for Energy, the Built Environment, and Smart Systems (EBESS). We gained significant momentum in our Transformative: Campaign for Global Change fundraising campaign and reached a record of more than $1 billion in our endowment. This fall, we will enroll the most accomplished freshman class in our history. Most importantly, we came together as one united and resilient university.

All of us working together as a community - our students, faculty, staff, university administration, Board of Trustees, alumni/ae, and supporters - made these achievements possible. We pushed the limits of our own potential, and we continue pushing forward to reach even greater heights of excellence.

Rensselaer is one of the nation's greatest higher education institutions, and is on a trajectory unlike ever before in its history of changing the world. We continue to make groundbreaking strides through our investment in our brilliant students, our innovative pedagogy, and our global-challenge linked research.

As we anticipate the bicentennial of the Institute, it is clear that we are on the cusp of a new era because of the collective fortitude and determination of the entire Rensselaer community. As I close out my tenure as President, I will be working with all of you to cement the key initiatives the Board has endorsed, and to move forward our capital campaign.

In the months ahead, I look forward to the opportunity to personally thank you for your collaboration, contributions, and support over the years. Let us look to the 200th anniversary of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute with the relentless curiosity and commitment to make the world a better place that is the hallmark of this special institution.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Talk about your late Friday news drops!
                    Waiting for a statement from the Board of Trustees to announce the formation of a Search Committee...

Comment

• Today is 26 June 2021. There are 98 days (14 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• https://rpiathletics.com/news/2021/6...academics.aspx

The article states that 14 RPI hockey players were named All-American Scholars by AHCA, but I only count 12.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 26 June 2021. There are 370 until Shirley is gone.

This is based upon 1 July 2022 for Shirley's retirement.

:-D

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I wonder if they’ll use a hiring agency to find the next candidate. Got to imagine that if you’re a college president, it has to be one of the most attractive jobs in the country
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Anyone have any suggestions for a title for the 21-22 season, perhaps referring to Shirley's lame-duck season?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Today is 26 June 2021. There are 370 until Shirley is gone.

This is based upon 1 July 2022 for Shirley's retirement.

:-D

http://www.isshirleygoneyet.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X