No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Hallbauer's first game for Brooklyn Summer late today https://twitter.com/BrklynSummerJHL/...90118470832134. It looks like they think he plays for Lone Star (NAHL) and is committed to RPI.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      seems kind of over the top to this old timer.

Comment

• Forgot this yesterday.

Today is 16 June 2021. There are 108 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 17 June 2021. There are 107 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Any rumors about who our new assistant coach will be?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Any rumors about who our new assistant coach will be?
              Unless DS gets an extension prior, my opinion is going to be a tough sell to get a quality assistant to commit for what might be a 1year stint. Would be a great time to announce an extension for DS and calm the waters a wee bit.

Of course an extension announcement would require administration to step up and show support for the hockey program……

Comment

Any rumors about who our new assistant coach will be?
                Nothing that I've heard. Robert Morris A/C's are looking for work. Mike Corbett has a lot of experience....but who knows.

https://rmucolonials.com/sports/mens...e-corbett/1297
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post

Unless DS gets an extension prior, my opinion is going to be a tough sell to get a quality assistant to commit for what might be a 1year stint. Would be a great time to announce an extension for DS and calm the waters a wee bit.

Of course an extension announcement would require administration to step up and show support for the hockey program……
                  How do they expect him to recruit if he has a lame duck contract? Pretty ridiculous especially when everyone seems to be happy with the progress of the program and would like to see DS stay on as coach. He should get a few more years to weather the set back the administration decided to hand him

Comment

• Today is 18 June 2021. There are 106 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

How do they expect him to recruit if he has a lame duck contract? Pretty ridiculous especially when everyone seems to be happy with the progress of the program and would like to see DS stay on as coach. He should get a few more years to weather the set back the administration decided to hand him
                      We know that this administration has little use for the hockey program. And couple that with the lack of progress that Appert made after he received his contract extension, I guess they just want to wait while the program goes down the tubes. It all makes sense?????
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

We know that this administration has little use for the hockey program. And couple that with the lack of progress that Appert made after he received his contract extension, I guess they just want to wait while the program goes down the tubes. It all makes sense?????
                        Potential for a Robert Morris 2.0 ??

I'm somewhat joking, but if RMU administration can pull the plug with no warning, no telling what SAJ has up her sleeve. And don't think it can't happen, because RMU had absolutely no idea what was coming down. Again, until I see a puck drop at the Fieldhouse, I'm going to a bit on the cautious side.

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

I wonder after what some could consider the Appert extension(s) to be reckless spending, maybe they are reluctant to extend? Not sure why, the previous coach is now off their books
                          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post

I wonder after what some could consider the Appert extension(s) to be reckless spending, maybe they are reluctant to extend? Not sure why, the previous coach is now off their books
                            A lot of us thought that they gave SA too much of an extension. It would not bother me if they had told Coach Smith that he would get an extension (with details) assuming that he has another winning season. That might explain the apparently easy OOC schedule. I, and apparently most others here, were happy with RPI's performance in 19-20, but would we be happy if RPI has a poor season next year and he got a lengthy extension now?

We did lose four players who would be playing a big part next season (Savory, Ashbrook, Ferner, and Babichuk), but there is talent returning and arriving. Goalie and putting the puck in the net are question marks to me, but the latter has been a question mark for several years.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A lot of us thought that they gave SA too much of an extension. It would not bother me if they had told Coach Smith that he would get an extension (with details) assuming that he has another winning season. That might explain the apparently easy OOC schedule. I, and apparently most others here, were happy with RPI's performance in 19-20, but would we be happy if RPI has a poor season next year and he got a lengthy extension now?

We did lose four players who would be playing a big part next season (Savory, Ashbrook, Ferner, and Babichuk), but there is talent returning and arriving. Goalie and putting the puck in the net are question marks to me, but the latter has been a question mark for several years.
                              Ideally his extension would be 3 seasons. Gives him enough time to try and recover from the cancelled season and show the program is still on the right track

Comment

• I missed this on Monday: https://twitter.com/ecachockey/statu...74254108860423
                                #MotivationalMonday featuring @RPI_HockeyCoach "The quote every day a champion reminds me of the champions, and championships that have been won wearing the cherry and white of @RPI_Hockey"
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X