No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love when you bring me back to my childhood. Harvey and Johnson made Vezina winners out of Plante and Worsley. I don't think our defense will be able to match that.
    Thanks for the memories.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

• Our defense will be good at limiting chances, but it doesn't mean anything if we don't get good goaltending. Marshall has always had the talent, but his problem has always been consistency. He needs to be dialed in more often. Watson is a good goaltender, but I'm not sure if he'll be ready to be a #1 right away. He has the potential to be that in the future though. I don't really expect much from Miller.

The forward group lacks experience but has talent. Once the young players get comfortable and the team gels, they'll be scoring enough. I think it will take time though. I expect a similar year to 19-20 with a slow start but a strong finish.

Luckily for us, there are 7 other teams in the conference that will be having that same problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        Our defense will be good at limiting chances, but it doesn't mean anything if we don't get good goaltending. Marshall has always had the talent, but his problem has always been consistency. He needs to be dialed in more often. Watson is a good goaltender, but I'm not sure if he'll be ready to be a #1 right away. He has the potential to be that in the future though. I don't really expect much from Miller.

The forward group lacks experience but has talent. Once the young players get comfortable and the team gels, they'll be scoring enough. I think it will take time though. I expect a similar year to 19-20 with a slow start but a strong finish.

Luckily for us, there are 7 other teams in the conference that will be having that same problem.
        My concern about Watson is that he may be injury prone. He missed the entire season in 2020-21, and IIRC the previous season he missed a long stretch at the start.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 8 June 2021. There are 116 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
            Anyone going to the golf outing on Monday?
            Did anyone go? Anything to report?

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              I love when you bring me back to my childhood. Harvey and Johnson made Vezina winners out of Plante and Worsley. I don't think our defense will be able to match that.
              Thanks for the memories.
              As a full time NY Ranger fan - I hated those Canadien teams. The defensive pairings were just too good. Shots on goal never told the story as you rarely saw their goalies tested more than once or twice per game. Doug Harvey just made it look so effortless. It has been obviously over a year since I have had the chance to see our defense but Kjellberg and Klee impressed me at times and although Savory was superb at times, he got considerable defensive help as the year went on and the defense started to develop a cohesion and the communication necessary. I would love to see Linden put it all together. I think he has had the talent but not the consistency. But goal tenders can be funny and just suddenly the switch can turn on and confidence is a very strange thing.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Today is 9 June 2021. There are 115 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 10 June 2021. There are 114 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 11 June 2021. There are 113 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Coach Moser to UVM in what seems like a lateral move.... Comments?

Comment

• Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
                        Coach Moser to UVM in what seems like a lateral move.... Comments?
                        I assume that you have seen this announced somewhere. It was commented on here earlier when it came to light that he had applied for the job. It was blamed in large part to the furlough of assistant coaches last year and the fact that they had to do things like administer covid tests when they returned to work.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
                          Coach Moser to UVM in what seems like a lateral move.... Comments?
                          This is a mess……top players, now top Asst gone.

Hockey East school with new staff, bright future and an administration that supports hockey. I’d say it’s step up or Moser wouldn’t have left.

Was he worried about job security with DS not having an extension yet??

Comment

• Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post

This is a mess……top players, now top Asst gone.

Hockey East school with new staff, bright future and an administration that supports hockey. I’d say it’s step up or Moser wouldn’t have left.

Was he worried about job security with DS not having an extension yet??
                            Why does UVM have a brighter future than RPI? No doubt they are getting more support than we are, but they didn't do well last year.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-11-2021, 02:52 PM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• North Dakota announcers 5 transfers https://fightinghawks.com/news/2021/...er-portal.aspx including Brady Ferner. Interesting that he will be the first South Dakota native to play for North Dakota since 1947-50!
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I don't think UVM is a step up from RPI in its future or as a program. I think the furlough probably just ****ed him off (as it should). Can't blame him for wanting to leave after that. I also would like to know where this was reported

Comment

Working...
                                X