RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Interesting that he says only two freshmen coming in. I thought the class would be Brown, Ciccarello, McDonald and Watson. Sounds like two of those are delayed. Watson needs to come, so only one of the trio of Brown, Ciccarello, McDonald is enrolling
    My guess is Ciccarello is coming.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 16 May 2021. There are 139 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Interesting Moser is looking at Vermont, a school that has not fared well the last 3-4 years. Barr has a lot of work cut out for him. I unde

Comment

Sorry....I realize he is a great recruiter, but that will take time and you have to be able to sell your program to the recruits. So Vermont is in a very similar boat as RPI. Perhaps he knows something the rest of us do not. As to Smith’s future, it wouldn’t make sense for RPI to fire a guy who essentially was showing success and had the rug pulled out from underneath him. Unless , of course, RPI has a better coach waiting in the wings for the opportunity of a lifetime. Maybe David Quinn called Shirley to see if there were any openings?

Comment

Today is 17 May 2021. There are 138 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
              Sorry....I realize he is a great recruiter, but that will take time and you have to be able to sell your program to the recruits. So Vermont is in a very similar boat as RPI. Perhaps he knows something the rest of us do not. As to Smith’s future, it wouldn’t make sense for RPI to fire a guy who essentially was showing success and had the rug pulled out from underneath him. Unless , of course, RPI has a better coach waiting in the wings for the opportunity of a lifetime. Maybe David Quinn called Shirley to see if there were any openings?
              As far as coach Smith and his future in Troy - I hope he is here for a long time. He seems to be making the right moves and starting to get this program back up to speed. And I could not be happier as a return to the good old days would be lovely. But with SAJ, when has making sense been a requirement for the RPI hockey program?
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                Interesting Moser is looking at Vermont, a school that has not fared well the last 3-4 years. Barr has a lot of work cut out for him. I unde
                Given that he's been furloughed for the past 8-10-12-14 ?? months, no one should be surprised that any coach is leaving Troy. Impossible to know what his motivations are, but that certainly isn't the least of them.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

As far as coach Smith and his future in Troy - I hope he is here for a long time. He seems to be making the right moves and starting to get this program back up to speed. And I could not be happier as a return to the good old days would be lovely. But with SAJ, when has making sense been a requirement for the RPI hockey program?
                  I agree completely Doc. I was a skeptic when he was named HC, but he's surprised me and I'm glad I was wrong. He's done a lot to right the ship...and was robbed to see what kind of noise he could have made in last years playoffs. He'll have his hands full redoing the roster gains he made in the post-pandemic, thanks to Shirley's cower-in-place directives ...but I'll be rooting for him and the boys.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 18 May 2021. There are 137 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I saw an item on Fox Business News earlier today reporting that all Ted's Fish Fry locations were closing. Ted's, of course, has been an institution in the Capital District since before most of us, even geezers like me, ever enrolled at the Tute. I always viewed Ted's fish fries as the Capital District's local food specialty, like hoagies and cheesesteaks are to Philadelphia.

The Fox host began an interview with the owner of Ted's, but they lost the connection after about a minute and never got it back. The viewer was left with the impression that Ted's would be permanently closed, effective immediately.

I did an Internet search, and other than the Fox video, I can find nothing indicating that Ted's was closing permanently. I did find an item on wgna.com, dated five days ago, saying that Ted's would be closing on Sundays, but was still vigorously trying to hire workers in order to remain open the other six days of the week. At no time during the abbreviated Fox video did Ted's owner say anything to the effect that "Well, a few days ago I said I was going to be closed on Sundays, but now I've decided that I'm not going to open at all, any day of the week."

Perhaps somebody closer to the Capital District than I am can tell me - is it true that Ted's is permanently closed, or is it still the case that it is closed only on Sundays, and the Fox interview got cut off before that point could be clarified?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                        I saw an item on Fox Business News earlier today reporting that all Ted's Fish Fry locations were closing. Ted's, of course, has been an institution in the Capital District since before most of us, even geezers like me, ever enrolled at the Tute. I always viewed Ted's fish fries as the Capital District's local food specialty, like hoagies and cheesesteaks are to Philadelphia.

The Fox host began an interview with the owner of Ted's, but they lost the connection after about a minute and never got it back. The viewer was left with the impression that Ted's would be permanently closed, effective immediately.

I did an Internet search, and other than the Fox video, I can find nothing indicating that Ted's was closing permanently. I did find an item on wgna.com, dated five days ago, saying that Ted's would be closing on Sundays, but was still vigorously trying to hire workers in order to remain open the other six days of the week. At no time during the abbreviated Fox video did Ted's owner say anything to the effect that "Well, a few days ago I said I was going to be closed on Sundays, but now I've decided that I'm not going to open at all, any day of the week."

Perhaps somebody closer to the Capital District than I am can tell me - is it true that Ted's is permanently closed, or is it still the case that it is closed only on Sundays, and the Fox interview got cut off before that point could be clarified?
                        I haven't been to a Teds in about a month or so, but there are so many of them in the area now, I have a hard time believing that they would all be closi

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                          Ted's is still open, and only closed on Sundays (Pre-pandemic, they were open 7 days a week). The problem for Ted's is they have had a hard time hiring staff as capacity has increased, a problem shared by many restaurants. The owners decided to reduce hours so not to stretch people too thin. Ted's also has a new location across from SUNY Albany (the building previously housed Maggie's and before that Son's Tavern) so their staffing needs have increased.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Given that he's been furloughed for the past 8-10-12-14 ?? months, no one should be surprised that any coach is leaving Troy. Impossible to know what his motivations are, but that certainly isn't the least of them.
                            I don't have insight into this situation, but could be as simple as a potential promotion/salary increase. Assistant coaches tend to move frequently, especially if not the top assistant/associate head coach. Salaries for assistant slots tend to be low and variable across schools, and not always easy to increase the wages to retain someone.

Comment

• Today is 19 May 2021. There are 136 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post

I haven't been to a Teds in about a month or so, but there are so many of them in the area now, I have a hard time believing that they would all be closi
                                Incredibly fond memories of Ted's from many years ago when they only had a couple of places. In those days, with extremely meager finances, my choices were limited and Ted's was frequented often. I seem to remember one competitor (i am thinking it was in Menands but cannot swear to it) called Gallagher's Fish Fry which was excellent.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X