No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could complain about RPI being hacked yesterday and students can’t study or take their finals.
    nothing to do with hockey, of course.

Comment

Today is 9 May 2021. There are 146 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-10-2021, 03:14 AM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by VGK View Post
        We could complain about RPI being hacked yesterday and students can’t study or take their finals.
        My daughter class of 08/09 says that it sounds like a student didn't want to take his/her finals.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

The Institute Advancement office recently sent me a nice cloth face mask.

It is all black, except for the word Rensselaer in white in the lower right corner.

It's a nice-enough looking mask, I suppose, but I kind of wish there could have been a touch of red somewhere in the color scheme.

When did RPI's school colors change to black and white?

Comment

Today is 10 May 2021. There are 145 days until RPI's next game.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-10-2021, 03:14 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

When did RPI's school colors change to black and white?
              I suspect the change occurred as soon as the quote came back from the screen printing company for two color production vs. one color. Thanks to SAJ, I'm sure the marketing budget has been severely curtailed along with anything else resembling enthusiasm or pride in the institution. HA !
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by VGK View Post
                I heard from a reliable source that they aren't any closer to a solution for the hackers -- all finals have been cancelled and grades will be awarded according to the accumulated work from the semester.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

At least the faculty seem to be getting the same V.I.P. treatment (i.e. silence) from SAJ as the athletic dept.-- a quote from T/U article on the hack:

"....On the Reddit RPI page, one person who identified himself as a faculty member spoke about the situation.

“The RPI faculty have been given no information about this cyberattack beyond that curious unsigned announcement yesterday. We don't know what happened, how serious the damage was, what is being done, and when we might be back online. We also do not know if this is a widespread problem or unique to RPI,” the comment said."

Comment

Are there a lot of oil and gas reserves stored at RPI?
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Are there a lot of oil and gas reserves stored at RPI?
                      Only at the Freshman Dining Hall.

Comment

Today is 11 May 2021. There are 144 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Feds are on the case....for what its worth. They'll Shirley where to send the ransom. HA!

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...P-CP-Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post

Only at the Freshman Dining Hall.
                            Have they ever been able to determine what the mystery meat was back in the 1960's??
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Sounding like Ben Barr is the hire for Maine. It'll be interesting to see what he can accomplish there

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Have they ever been able to determine what the mystery meat was back in the 1960's??
                                While that mystery meat truly remains a mystery, perhaps the FDH may in the future be part of our country's petroleum reserves.

Comment

Working...
                                X