No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw, this is the second time that “The Hunt for Red October” has been used. It was used for RPI’s 2018 Off-Season thread.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
      Btw, this is the second time that “The Hunt for Red October” has been used. It was used for RPI’s 2018 Off-Season thread.
      I didn't remember that. :-( We didn't have a great season then, but we had a season. :-)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Jack Agnew a D from BC from the transfer portal to RPI. :-)
        https://bceagles.com/sports/mens-ice...ck-agnew/13142
        https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/368750/lindsay-agnew

https://***********/JackAgnew_/statu...39726253629442
        I’m very excited to announce that I will be joining @RPI_Hockey next season. I’d like to thank everyone at BC for the memories and friendships made this year. Looking forward to this great opportunity at RPI and I can’t wait to arrive on campus this fall!
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-28-2021, 06:28 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This will appear on Sunday on the recruit thread
          8 Jack Agnew RD 04/28/21 Boston College (HEA) 2021 10/22/01 5'11" 192 Oakville, ON 3.75 Sp St Vi Sk
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
            I am very much looking forward to October. I think we all need to keep in mind that many other teams are in the exact same position we are. I’d like to suggest that , despite what many people think, I think RPI should give away RPI hockey masks at the first men’s and women’s games next fall. I have missed the action, but I have not missed the 2-4 week annual chest cold I did not get this past year because of wearing a mask and socially distancing. I plan on wearing a mask at the games. I simply don’t want to have to sit home because I am sick, Covid , a cold, the flu, whatever.
            Despite all the inconveniences of the past 14 months, I haven't missed the 2 or 3 colds that I got every year up until the past one. I'm also considering making a mask part of my standard attire when attending crowded events from now on. LGR!

Comment

Today is 29 April 2021. There are 156 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For those RPI alum posters who have moved out of the area, it was announced in the Times Union this morning that the Notty Pine Tavern on 15th St. is closing for good on Saturday. They were a very popular neighborhood restaurant and bar well known for their pizza.

Comment

It's been awhile... so I had to consult the 'help' page to remember how to post!

Did I read the news correctly, Agnew is coming and now there's a Nix on the Notty Pine?

Will post again soon. Here's to a very Red October!

Comment

For those RPI alum posters who have moved out of the area, it was announced in the Times Union this morning that the Notty Pine Tavern on 15th St. is closing for good on Saturday. They were a very popular neighborhood restaurant and bar well known for their pizza.
                    The Purple Pub is still open for now, thankfully, but the business is for sale.

Comment

We have now gotten transfers from BC, MC, UML, and NU. That leaves BU and UMA of the Massachusetts HEA schools. Anyone want to guess whom we will get next? :-D ;-)
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This makes me feel sad as it ends a 50+ year tradition in my family, dating back to when a high school teacher of my brother (RPI '80) was one of the owners. Not only did we go there after most hockey games, but we also had a roommate that ordered so often from the Pine that he only had to say "this is Carlos" and his standard order would arrive in less than 30 minutes. After my brother was killed in Afghanistan we had a gathering of his friends and family for a farewell hockey game at HFH and the Notty Pine. It was the kind of send-off that he'd appreciate.

Comment

Today is 30 April 2021. There are 155 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            With sports back at RPI, and the loosening of restrictions, it looks like we will get a real hockey season at RPI in October.
                            The only question is will Shirley let anybody know about it.
                            Her communication skill leave lot to be desired.
                            Glad things are moving in right direction. One question. Were the Jr’s of each team allowed back on campus to participate with their teams, or no?? Asking because if the answer is no, then sports are not back, IMHO.......

Comment

Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post

Glad things are moving in right direction. One question. Were the Jr’s of each team allowed back on campus to participate with their teams, or no?? Asking because if the answer is no, then sports are not back, IMHO.......
                              They were not. Juniors were not allowed to participate in athletics this spring

Comment

Today is 1 May 2021. There are 154 days (22 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X