Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Old thread https://fanforum.uscho.com/forum/col...ory-of-turk181

Thanks to DrDemento for the reference to the thread title.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-06-2021, 12:40 PM. Reason: typo
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Today is 25 April 2021. There are 160 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Wondering what transfer we'll get next. My target list would be Nick Prkusic, Hampus Eriksson, Pierre-Luc Veillette, Chase Gresock, Sam Sternschein, Hank Crone, Michael Regush. Could use a forward with size.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        Wondering what transfer we'll get next. My target list would be Nick Prkusic, Hampus Eriksson, Pierre-Luc Veillette, Chase Gresock, Sam Sternschein, Hank Crone, Michael Regush. Could use a forward with size.
        Do you think that we are looking for someone with just one or two years of eligibility left?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Do you think that we are looking for someone with just one or two years of eligibility left?
          I think they'd prefer that because the team currently only has 3 players with just one year left, but I don't think they'd eliminate anyone younger just because of that. Obviously that's just a guess though; only the staff themselves truly knows.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post

I think they'd prefer that because the team currently only has 3 players with just one year left, but I don't think they'd eliminate anyone younger just because of that. Obviously that's just a guess though; only the staff themselves truly knows.
            I also wonder whether there are some talented players unexpectedly facing another year in juniors who may be re-thinking their commitments. I don't have a firm opinion; experience vs. potential are the things that coaches need to weigh in the context of the existing chemistry of the team.

Comment

Ralph - Thanks for using the suggestion for the title. Hope this brings us more luck than when I started some of the score threads! Medically we are finding less reasons for not being able to get much more back to normal and having a hockey season. But then again, often times decisions are made that have no medical basis and very little science behind them. Keeping my fingers still crossed. This team will look vastly different from the last I saw with so many new faces and missing a few others. This along with so many changes made to other teams could make this one of the most exciting seasons to follow in a very long time. I suspect we can throw most preseason predictions out the window and just wait and see what October brings.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

I also wonder whether there are some talented players unexpectedly facing another year in juniors who may be re-thinking their commitments. I don't have a firm opinion; experience vs. potential are the things that coaches need to weigh in the context of the existing chemistry of the team.
                This was my thought as well. Once upon a time we got guys like Polacek, Brutlag and E. Burgdoerfer because we were willing to take them when the big boys wanted to see them grow a bit more on someone else's time and dime. The former 2 were extreme cases even in their own time because we took them directly from high school while Burgdoerfer had just one season in junior hockey. In this case I wonder whether there are some talented kids in the 18-20 band that reasonably expected to be brought in this year but are being pushed back by a player with an extra year of eligibility. For that matter there may even be talented '00s that no longer have a ride available at one of the big boys and have no choice but to find an alternative.
                Last edited by rpi82; 04-26-2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Today is 26 April 2021. There are 159 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 27 April 2021. There are 158 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Here’s a story about the men’s lax team returning to action.... LGR!

Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Today is 28 April 2021. There are 157 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

With sports back at RPI, and the loosening of restrictions, it looks like we will get a real hockey season at RPI in October.
                          The only question is will Shirley let anybody know about it.
                          Her communication skill leave lot to be desired.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

I am very much looking forward to October. I think we all need to keep in mind that many other teams are in the exact same position we are. I’d like to suggest that , despite what many people think, I think RPI should give away RPI hockey masks at the first men’s and women’s games next fall. I have missed the action, but I have not missed the 2-4 week annual chest cold I did not get this past year because of wearing a mask and socially distancing. I plan on wearing a mask at the games. I simply don’t want to have to sit home because I am sick, Covid , a cold, the flu, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                              Here’s a story about the men’s lax team returning to action.... LGR!
                              That was a fantastic story and it sounds like the kind of program that people want to join. I loved the part about the players that aren't on campus (a problem many programs have this season) volunteering to break down film and write scouting reports.

Comment

Working...
                              X