No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is 14 May 2021. There are 141 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post

He meant assistant coach
      He'll have to compete with this guy for oxygen in the room... https://uvmathletics.com/sports/mens...e-babcock/2496
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
        Ben Barr as head coach with Ken Ralph as AD. Looks like RPI Northeast...
        Yes, and Monty was on the search committee !
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Moser is the rumored favorite to land the assistant coach job at UVM. Not a great look for RPI hockey.

Can't blame a guy to look for a different position given the fact that he has a young family, was forced to take unemployment (while SAJ collected her $$$ minus 5%), comes back on payroll and forced to administer C-19 tests 5 days a week, for months on end just collect a pay check, no interaction with his players/staff in relation to hockey, and that his boss, DS, is entering the last year of his contract and as of now, no extension.

Curious as to why no extension has been given, or if it has, why it has not been made public?? Is there more to the story behind the scenes? Certainly DS was not he popular choice when was hired, but given a good run to end the '19-20 season, things certainly seemed headed in right direction. Then pandemic hits and the administration elected to neglect a lot of people, provide little to no communication for well over a year, keep facilities closed etc. resulting in less than desirable results for all RPI student athletes.

Savory, Ashbrook, Ferner, Babichuk, Jerry, Digrande, Lee, Calvaruso.... all chose to enter the portal , what I would assume was based on what they were seeing, hearing, sensing etc. with regards to the RPI hockey program. Some very good talent/leaders in that group. Imagine if things were "normal" and these players elected to stay, future would be even more exciting........and I truly think some if not all, would have stayed if they were given to practice/skate/ access facilities etc. during pandemic......These players were all DS's recruits (Jerry was courted by DS at Canisius).......Now top assistant coach, whom DS brought in after he got rid of Dan Jewell, looking to get out.........is this "point the finger at the administration" or is something going on within the walls of the hockey program causing doubt or is a combination of both??
          Last edited by NAFTA123; 05-14-2021, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NAFTA123 View Post
            Moser is the favorite to land the assistant coach job at UVM. Not a great look for RPI hockey.

Can't blame a guy to look for a different position given the fact that he has a young family, was forced to take unemployment (while SAJ collected her $$$ minus 5%), comes back on payroll and forced to administer C-19 tests 5 days a week, for months on end just collect a pay check, no interaction with his players/staff in relation to hockey, and that his boss, DS, is entering the last year of his contract and as of now, no extension.

Curious as to why no extension has been given, or if it has, why it has not been made public?? Is there more to the story behind the scenes? Certainly DS was not he popular choice when was hired, but given a good run to end the '19-20 season, things certainly seemed headed in right direction. Then pandemic hits and the administration elected to neglect a lot of people, provide little to no communication for well over a year, keep facilities closed etc. resulting in less than desirable results for all RPI student athletes.

Savory, Ashbrook, Ferner, Babichuk, Jerry, Digrande, Lee, Calvaruso.... all chose to enter the portal , what I would assume was based on what they were seeing, hearing, sensing etc. with regards to the RPI hockey program. Some very good talent/leaders in that group. Imagine if things were "normal" and these players elected to stay, future would be even more exciting........and I truly think some if not all, would have stayed if they were given to practice/skate/ access facilities etc. during pandemic......These players were all DS's recruits (Jerry was courted by DS at Canisius).......Now top assistant coach, whom DS brought in after he got rid of Dan Jewell, looking to get out.........is this "point the finger at the administration" or is something going on within the walls of the hockey program causing doubt or is a combination of both??
            Babichuk was originally at Appert recruit.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

schedule https://rpiathletics.com/news/2021/5...ns-hockey.aspx

Edit: tweet https://twitter.com/RPIAthletics/sta...23018181169153
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-14-2021, 01:55 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Interesting that they describe going to LIU as "with a return trip to the borough the next night". When I lived in NYC, there were 5 boroughs, and I don't think that anyone would have described a trip there in that manner. I suspect it is Brooklyn, but ... :-)
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Interesting that they describe going to LIU as "with a return trip to the borough the next night". When I lived in NYC, there were 5 boroughs, and I don't think that anyone would have described a trip there in that manner. I suspect it is Brooklyn, but ... :-)
                  And one was called Staten Island and could only be reached by a ferry ride.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

And one was called Staten Island and could only be reached by a ferry ride.
                    Or by going to NJ first. :-)
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 15 May 2021. There are 140 days (20 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

LIU's main campus is in Brooklyn, but the hockey program runs out of the LIU-Post campus (the old CW Post University) in Nassau County and games are planned for the Islanders practice facility in Eisenhower Park.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

LIU's main campus is in Brooklyn, but the hockey program runs out of the LIU-Post campus (the old CW Post University) in Nassau County and games are planned for the Islanders practice facility in Eisenhower Park.
                          Last I heard, Nassau County was not in a borough. :-D
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Or by going to NJ first. :-)
                            Why would anyone want to do that? I live here and I do not want to do that. Driving in this state is like entering a combination of the Indianapolis 500 and the bumper car ride they used to have at Steeplechase park near Coney Island.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Coach Smith helped coach women's softball. https://www.troyrecord.com/sports/sa..._medium=social
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Coach Smith helped coach women's softball. https://www.troyrecord.com/sports/sa..._medium=social
                                Interesting that he says only two freshmen coming in. I thought the class would be Brown, Ciccarello, McDonald and Watson. Sounds like two of those are delayed. Watson needs to come, so only one of the trio of Brown, Ciccarello, McDonald is enrolling

Comment

Working...
                                X