No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season Overtime (Part II): The Hunt for Red October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I doubt that there have ever been so many suggestions before. :-)
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
      I vote for something about the team. I am over the constant Shirley talk. She’s moving on; we should do the same.
      RPI 2021-2022: She's moving on; We WILL do the same!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by drdemento View Post

RPI 2021-2022: She's moving on; we WILL do the same!
        :-D a
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I doubt that there have ever been so many suggestions before. :-)
          RPI 2021-2022: So Many Options
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• RPI 2021-22: Strong on the left side since 1999...........

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

RPI 2021-2022: So Many Options
              :-)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 31 August 2021. There are 32 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2021 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• RPI 2021-2022: Don't look back
                  RPI 2021-2022: Moving on to better things
                  RPI 2021-2022: Puckman is still the best mascot in hockey!
                  RPI 2021-2022: When the going gets tough, RPI gets going

Comment

• If I'm not mistaken, RPI had an exhibition scheduled on Oct. 2 with Brock ? The opponent for that game has been removed from the schedule -- likely due to border issues among other things...
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      If I'm not mistaken, RPI had an exhibition scheduled on Oct. 2 with Brock ? The opponent for that game has been removed from the schedule -- likely due to border issues among other things...
                      The schedule indicates that they are trying to find an opponent. I won't change the countdown unless it disappears entirely.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        If I'm not mistaken, RPI had an exhibition scheduled on Oct. 2 with Brock ? The opponent for that game has been removed from the schedule -- likely due to border issues among other things...
                        It looks like more than just border issues. The Canadian schools used to start in early/mid-September, having several weeks head start on us. Brock's on-line schedule now shows the season starting in November.

If we are looking for another opponent, what are the ground rules? D-1 basketball teams can play non-D1 teams or adult club programs (often hastily thrown together groups of recent D-1 alums) or even USA Basketball teams looking for practice. All of our exhibition hockey opponents in recent years have been Canadian teams, but I wonder if we could schedule Plattsburgh or another D-3 program. No opponent will match up to our late '79 game with the Olympic team that went on to great fame, but I'd settle for anything that gives the boys a competitive workout before jumping into regular season play.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

It looks like more than just border issues. The Canadian schools used to start in early/mid-September, having several weeks head start on us. Brock's on-line schedule now shows the season starting in November.

If we are looking for another opponent, what are the ground rules? D-1 basketball teams can play non-D1 teams or adult club programs (often hastily thrown together groups of recent D-1 alums) or even USA Basketball teams looking for practice. All of our exhibition hockey opponents in recent years have been Canadian teams, but I wonder if we could schedule Plattsburgh or another D-3 program. No opponent will match up to our late '79 game with the Olympic team that went on to great fame, but I'd settle for anything that gives the boys a competitive workout before jumping into regular season play.
                          I think that we can play any non-DI amateur team. I don't think that D-III can start practicing that early (not sure). I notice that our women's team now has a Red-White game instead of a Canadian school. That could also be the men's fallback solution.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

According to a CHN tweet The NCAA is allowing schools to scrimmage other NCAA schools due to border issues. I would love to see a scrimmage against an Atlantic team that we are not scheduled to play already split into 2 two 30 minute halves. The coaches would be able to send out essentially a second team in second half of scrimmage. This would allow the entire team to get alot of shifts. The games vs canadian schools with 26 guys on bench leads to very little ice time per player.
                            Last edited by jstadts; 08-31-2021, 07:44 PM.

Comment

D3 first day of practice is, I believe, October 15. They'd be a good match for the Ivies.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

D3 first day of practice is, I believe, October 15. They'd be a good match for the Ivies.
                                I think the rule is first on-ice D3 practice can be no earlier than second Monday in October, so the 11th this year; too early to play RPI in any event.

Comment

Working...
                                X