WIS Productions Presents ... The Hockey East Offseason Comedy Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIS Productions Presents ... The Hockey East Offseason Comedy Special

We're less than a month into the offseason, and the weather seems to have taken a good turn recently. So the traffic on the usual threads has understandably begun to trail off. With that in mind, it occurred to me that in these uber-PC times, we still yearn for comedy as a tie that binds us all. My thought here is that maybe we can all post some of our favorite comedy links to those comedians from the shared New England/Hockey East footprint, with their local takes and insights into what makes life different in our respective states. From a NH standpoint, I'll start with the unofficial Mayor of Effingwoods, Juston McKinney - enjoy!! :-)
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

... and a second helping, which makes some great comparisons between Tijuana and Portsmouth,

Comment

Starting with our oft-overlooked neighbors to the northwest, I'll start with Miss Vermonter 2020 ...

Comment

... and any Vermont comedy discussion by definition must include the Holy Trinity of the Northeast Kingdom, courtesy of the Newhart show ... Larry, Darryl and his other brother Darryl!!!

Comment

Today's entry is the iconic Steve Sweeney, whose takes on the inner workings of Southie, and his endless list of pals named Fitzy and/or Sully make him the honorary BC entry ...

Comment

Juston McKinney makes another appearance, this time for his Maine stuff, in full police uniform. Dates back to 2013 with some then-timely content about an infamous Maine scandal involving prostitution and a Zoomba class. Figured this might make for a break from the Bob Marley and Tim Sample stuff, but the Mainers should feel free to add better contributions.

Comment

From the Ocean State of Rhode Island, the Farrelly Brothers have brought us plenty of entertainment over the years, but the one that was probably the most Rhode Island-centric was "Me Myself & Irene", an underrated entry in the Farrelly Cavalcade of Gross Out Humor. With Jim Carrey playing a RI State Trooper with a split personality, whatever could go wrong?? Enjoy!!!

Comment

I think I'm going to need some help with Connecticut, unless you folks want me to post Joe Rogan ranting about how the entire State of CT is just a highway between NYC and Boston. In the meantime, in honor of Luce Canaan, I bring you a guy named Geri Wulle, who waxes lyrical about the tendency of things in Connecticut to be mall-related in this short bit. Enjoy!!

Comment

Dennis Leary often reminds me of the rough-edged city kids who used to play for Jack Parker and Fern Flaman, so I'll consider this a joint BU-NU entry into the HEA Comedy Festival. Back from his earlier days, and some very un-PC stuff included for shock value (when that used to be a thing) ...

Comment

Johnny Joyce is a local comedian I've seen a couple of times at different venues in the Merrimack Valley a few years ago, not sure if his home base is in the Merrimack Valley or elsewhere, but at least for now, he's our honorary festival contributor on behalf of Merrimack and UMass Lowell. The following clip is taken from a small room across town from Merrimack in what I believe is a Chinese restaurant I used to frequent when I worked in the area. Enjoy!!

Comment

I gotta tellya, finding a contributor from Western MA has been problematic. I thought Connecticut was gonna be tough, but nowhere even close to Western MA tough - much less the quiet hamlet of Amherst (lol). Anyway, I had to expand the catch basin to nearby Springfield, which fortunately brought noted racist Dr. Seuss into the picture. And I was able to locate a take on one of his books from the inimitable Henry Rollins, which will hopefully give you folks some laughs ...

Comment

Not sure where to post this but it deserves posting. It's Northeastern President Joseph Aoun and mascot Paws doing things they shouldn't be doing (at the expense of VP Mike Armini) before Saturday's commencement ceremonies at Fenway Park. No matter your loyalties, this is just plain funny. So, a university president with a sense of humor? I didn't think that was allowed.

The Phantom of Fenway - News @ Northeastern

"Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          Not sure where to post this but it deserves posting. It's Northeastern President Joseph Aoun and mascot Paws doing things they shouldn't be doing (at the expense of VP Mike Armini) before Saturday's commencement ceremonies at Fenway Park. No matter your loyalties, this is just plain funny. So, a university president with a sense of humor? I didn't think that was allowed.

The Phantom of Fenway - News @ Northeastern
                          Perfect place for sharing, nice to see someone in academia with a sense of humor!

Comment

Steve Carell isn't a grad from a HEA school, but was born in Metrowest Boston (Concord?) and so I'll attach his contribution either to UMass Lowell OR to a future Holy Cross membership? Found this bit from early in his career spoofing goalies ...

Comment

Working...
                            X