Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Offseason 2021: Regression to the mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heya, Rich.

My whole family is in the clear now, so it's been nice to be out and about in the world again.

I'm on the other end of you on the sports world... My Islanders/Saints are in the Cup semi-finals for the second year in a row. Now I just have to hope that they can get by the Lightning this time around.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Hi boys....its been a while. I hope you're all doing well, vaxxed, and sans masks.
      Hot `nuff fer ya?

As I whine and feel sorry for myself because of my annual June NW Ontario fishing trip getting canceled for the 2nd consecutive year AND Im going to a graduation party this weekend in Manitowoc for my sister's .......GRAND-daughter (getting old, eh?).

Now, why the hell cant any of my teams win anything anymore?

*Packers? Early exit.
      *Badger hockey? Early exit.
      *Badger football? Poof.
      *Thank God I dont care about the Brewers or Bucks.
      *Now tonight the Golden Knights stop my Avalanche halfway down the hill.

Not the end of the world, we're accustomed to it, right?

Seriously, hoping you all are doing well. Enjoy a few more weeks of the NHL..
      Hey the women's team won the Natty! Oh BABY! Oh it's a sweet deal my friend. I can live off that for a long time. And the Wattage is coming back for another year. Shoulda been a 3x Patty Katz winner, stupid eastern bias.

We're hitting the Chippewa Flowage for a week in place of Canada this year in August. I just hope it looks like a Canadian shield lake. I have high expectations in terms of volume of fish, I don't think we'll get anything upper 40's+. But there's a chance, right?

I just have not been able for some reason to get into the NHL this season. I don't know what it is. Maybe now I know how some people feel when they say their love for UW hockey has waned. Maybe next year I'll be more into the NHL.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

My whole family is in the clear now, so it's been nice to be out and about in the world again.
        Hey gwhinwi, please feel free to follow your own rules:

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

Let's keep the thread on hockey. If you want to talk Coronavirus, take it to the appropriate threads for that.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi

You're really telling on yourself if you pick out a moment where I say my family is safe to "call me out" you're really saying a lot about yourself.
          What, you don’t like your own words? Shocking...

I said that I was relatively safe regardless of getting the vaccine (backed by stats) and that the vulnerable should get the vaccine to protect their weak/compromised immune systems. You told me to take it elsewhere when I was making assumptions. You’re making a lot of assumptions too and being a hypocrite in the process. Don’t get mad at me for doing what you did.
          Last edited by digitalbooya; 06-13-2021, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Cole Caufield with a nice goal tonight. A lot of people talk about his size being a factor for scoring in the NHL. I don't see it. He's gonna be a great point producer even if he gets outmuscled in the corner.

Comment

I’ve noticed on a lot of his plays that he’s just really good at sneaking into open spaces. And his diminutive stature does kind of help him slip around. He’s got a gift for it.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Meanwhile: MKE tournament is back on

https://twitter.com/holidayfaceoff/s...062364166?s=21

UW vs Yale
                BGSU vs Providence

Presale ongoing.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                  Cole Caufield with a nice goal tonight. A lot of people talk about his size being a factor for scoring in the NHL. I don't see it. He's gonna be a great point producer even if he gets outmuscled in the corner.
                  Some guys just have this crazy ability to be in a great spot to score frequently. Some guys never seem to be in the right spot. It's crazy. My biggest concern for Goal is some goon crunching him and he ends up being hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

UW vs Yale
                    BGSU vs Providence

Presale ongoing.
                    we ordered tickets, but ticketstealer fees make it pricey IMO.... But should be fun....
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I’ve noticed on a lot of his plays that he’s just really good at sneaking into open spaces. And his diminutive stature does kind of help him slip around. He’s got a gift for it.
                      The game 4 OT winner vs Winnipeg is a great example of this. Snuck out of a 2v2 board battle and dished the puck to Toffoli for the winner.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Some guys just have this crazy ability to be in a great spot to score frequently. Some guys never seem to be in the right spot. It's crazy. My biggest concern for Goal is some goon crunching him and he ends up being hurt.
                      It'll be a sad day if he ever gets hurt. The NHL does feel like it is moving away from big hits, so that is hopefully good news for Cole

Also, he's got another assist tonight. 6 points in the playoffs. Really annoys me that Minnesota never put in Boidy against Vegas while icing some really bad players (Johansson, Bjugstad to name two). Young players can't shine if they are not given the chance.

Comment

UW vs Yale
                        BGSU vs Providence

Presale ongoing.
                        I considered it, but I am wary of the sightlines being too flat and I don't like the parking arrangements in that area. I'll spend the coin on a home game or 2 and sit right where I want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I considered it, but I am wary of the sightlines being too flat and I don't like the parking arrangements in that area. I'll spend the coin on a home game or 2 and sit right where I want to.
                          I went center ice, top row just because of the sightline issue. no second level seats open yet, but first row 2nd deck would probably be good...
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            I went center ice, top row just because of the sightline issue. no second level seats open yet, but first row 2nd deck would probably be good...
                            And no one behind you.

Yes, the first row 2nd deck is my preferred spot at the KC, it probably be good at the BC too.

Comment

Tony Granato in line for Seattle Kraken coach? Todd M says yes:

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...ource=twitter_

Comment

That could make things really interesting. I’ve struggled to be a fan of Tony and it’s hard to tell if he was improving as a college coach or if he just got lucky with two returning studs and losing two defensive disasters.

Comment

Working...
                                X