Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Offseason 2021: Regression to the mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Offseason 2021: Regression to the mean?

Go ahead and rant/vent/drink thinner here and post about the Badgers 2021 offseason.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Subscribed. Thanks for the new thread gwhinwi. Although this might be too negative for some of the posters!
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Subscribed. Thanks for the new thread gwhinwi. Although this might be too negative for some of the posters!
      I've never been here to keep people happy. :P

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        I've never been here to keep people happy. :P
        You are a team player, I appreciate it.

UW is winning the B16 title next year. You heard it here first. Let's go RED!
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

[weeps openly]

Also, stop me if you’re shocked by this, but…

https://twitter.com/toddmilewski/sta...806770178?s=21
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

We can't all be whiny old men blabbering about the good ol' days.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              [weeps openly]

Also, stop me if you’re shocked by this, but…

https://twitter.com/toddmilewski/sta...806770178?s=21
              Spreadsheet updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

Yeah, and that isn't me. I'm just skeptical if the one year improvement (with 2 of the best players in many years, one of which is the best in college hockey) can be continued.

But fair to say, that the good ol' day guys would tell to take off your rose color glasses and note that Granato's 5 year tenure as coach (with the 10 games over .500 this year included) are the worst statistically since Badger Bob took over in 1966-67. And they would be correct.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I tend to think we'll fall back to the middle of the pack this next season. I would be happy if it didn't happen, but I just don't see a good year next season.

Comment

Yeah, and that isn't me. I'm just skeptical if the one year improvement (with 2 of the best players in many years, one of which is the best in college hockey) can be continued.

But fair to say, that the good ol' day guys would tell to take off your rose color glasses and note that Granato's 5 year tenure as coach (with the 10 games over .500 this year included) are the worst statistically since Badger Bob took over in 1966-67. And they would be correct.
                    I wasn't referring to you.

Bob Johnson, aka the greatest coach in badger history, made the ncaa tournament once in his first five seasons and three times in his first nine seasons. He built the program. Granato is rebuilding the program after a catastrophic end to the Eaves era.

As for the returning players, I expect this team to give up sub 3 goals a game. Will the offense be there? Definitely not borderline 4 goals per game like this year. But around 3? I could see that. Like I said before, there's never been a Granato team that scores less than 3 average per game. The issue was always the d-zone coverage and breakout.

Here's a question for you guys: Do you expect this upcoming year to be better than two years ago (season w/ Turcotte)? Why or why not?

Comment

Here's a question for you guys: Do you expect this upcoming year to be better than two years ago (season w/ Turcotte)? Why or why not?
                      Well it’d better be. That was the worst season under Granato (in terms of Win % and GA per game).

It’s almost a given that (barring a lot of players truly stepping up) next year will see the lowest GPG under Granato. Not enough returning scoring and no reason to expect once-in-a-generation scoring from the incoming freshmen.

So it really depends on how well the defense can shut down opponents. Last year was the best year under Granato on that front, but that’s not saying much and we still saw goalies hung out to dry in pretty bad ways… just not as regularly.

So all that in mind, what’s my verdict?

Im guessing we’re about the same as two years ago.

2019-20 was .417 win%, 3.21 GF/G, 3.64 GA/G.

My guess will be .405 to .430 win%, 2.6 GF/G, 2.9 GA/G
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

My guess:

.550 win%
                        3.00 gf/gp
                        2.65 ga/g

Comment

Grow up.

remember the good old days? 30 years of mostly mediocrity with 3 great season mixed in? Awesome times man. More of the same please.

Let’s get real here. Without CC’s 30 goals and Holloway this team will struggle to get to .500

Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

To get 2 years out of CC and Holloway is actually a great outcome. It does show that players can make great developmental strides playing college hockey. It also shows to me anyway that either you have "it" or you don't. TG needs to make sure he has a few "it" guys on the roster every year.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Grow up.

remember the good old days? 30 years of mostly mediocrity with 3 great season mixed in? Awesome times man. More of the same please.

Let’s get real here. Without CC’s 30 goals and Holloway this team will struggle to get to .500
                              Says the whiny old man? Lol.

Looking forward to your endless *****ing this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X