Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Offseason 2021: Regression to the mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I think it's fair to say your much more optimistic than me. But I tend to be the debbie downer..... Until they show me they can be a defensive minded team, I will put my money on they play how we have seen under this coaching staff previously.
    Yeah, that is totally cool we have different outlooks. Usually I have a more practical outlook on the world similar to you, but in sports I like to be more positive. That being said I am a bit of a tinderbox also with this team. If the D play like crap the first 8 games I'm gonna lose it. I expect Corson to have some bad moments, hopefully the F's and G's can bail him out. I hope he just lets the game come to him and not force anything. I expect him to QB the PP.

I sure hope Lindmark and Gorniak have breakout years. Stick them on the top 2 lines with a combo of MDSP, Ahcan, Stange and Johnson.

Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• It really hit me when I saw the list of newcomers how different this team will be from last year. Laatsch, Ceulemans, Martin, Urdahl, Johnson, Morrison, Bantle, Malmquist, Brown, Moe.

D: Fr: Laatsch, Ceulemans, Martin; So: Kehrer, LaMaster, Jr: Donovan Vorlicky Sr: Peltonen, Inamoto, Ess
      Getting Inamoto and Ess back really makes this group look way stronger than it did at the end of last season when it was projected they would be gone. Peltonen and Kehrer were both breakout players last year. Those 4 will get regular icetime. Ceulemans is going to play regularly, so he's the 5th guy. Vorlicky played regularly but I think he's the guy to is the most likely to get bumped by Laatsch or Martin. LaMaster and Donovan played only sparingly last year, but maybe they can jump get ahead of the other Fr? If they go with Vorlicky, that gives the 5 guys with a lot of experience (but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a positive on the ice) and a first round draft pick as the top 6. 5 returners from a B16 championship team and an ncaa tourney team. I can live with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        It really hit me when I saw the list of newcomers how different this team will be from last year. Laatsch, Ceulemans, Martin, Urdahl, Johnson, Morrison, Bantle, Malmquist, Brown, Moe.

D: Fr: Laatsch, Ceulemans, Martin; So: Kehrer, LaMaster, Jr: Donovan Vorlicky Sr: Peltonen, Inamoto, Ess
        Getting Inamoto and Ess back really makes this group look way stronger than it did at the end of last season when it was projected they would be gone. Peltonen and Kehrer were both breakout players last year. Those 4 will get regular icetime. Ceulemans is going to play regularly, so he's the 5th guy. Vorlicky played regularly but I think he's the guy to is the most likely to get bumped by Laatsch or Martin. LaMaster and Donovan played only sparingly last year, but maybe they can jump get ahead of the other Fr? If they go with Vorlicky, that gives the 5 guys with a lot of experience (but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a positive on the ice) and a first round draft pick as the top 6. 5 returners from a B16 championship team and an ncaa tourney team. I can live with that.
        Here is the roster: https://uwbadgers.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster

I agree, looking at the roster the list of new forwards is many (when including transfers). I think this team will struggle to score, especially early as they mesh as a team. I think you are right that the D will be solid and some pretty good Defensemen are going to be sitting with the numbers due to Inamoto and Ess coming back and that should help raise the level of D and keep the games low scoring, assuming they are more defensive minded as TG said they would be. I will wait and see on that. Will the Goalies get better coaching, or will TG roll the bus over them like usual?
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Will the Goalies get better coaching, or will TG roll the bus over them like usual?
          TG was quite merciful with the bus last year. I don't know that the coaching was any better, but they did play better, probably a combo of better D zone play and a little more talent. I think Rowe can handle a bigger workload. Moe had 2 years in the USHL, played sparingly last year with bad numbers but had decent numbers as a Fr, so he could be a factor. He's got a lot of experience.

Comment

• Just looked at the roster…who are these guys?

I used to pay more attention I guess.

i’ll go out on a limb and predict 14 wins total and 4th or 5th in the conference
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              Just looked at the roster…who are these guys?

I used to pay more attention I guess.

i’ll go out on a limb and predict 14 wins total and 4th or 5th in the conference
              Yep, it's a new group this year and scoring will be at a premium I'm afraid. And they are going to need to gel quickly.....I am guessing you are pretty close on that prediction.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Initial power play groups according to Milewski:

Achan-Caufield-Stange-DSP-Ceulemans

Bantle-Baker-R Donovan-Malmquist-Ess/Kehrer

Comment

• Army Series moved to Thursday/Friday due to football game Saturday evening.

Comment

Working...
                  X