No announcement yet.

CCHA v2.0 - BGSU FSU LSSU MTU NMU w/ BSU MSU & Special Guests - The Tommies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be honest here and say BG outplayed OSU last night but OSU somehow made the goals they had to make. It must have been a somber bus ride back knowing you dominated all game long and it slipped between your fingers.
    I wouldn't miss tonight's game for the world but I hate Flohockey!

Comment

• Classless ending for Ohio State lead by their goalie. Taunting the BG student section. Act like you have been there Buckeyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
        Classless ending for Ohio State lead by their goalie. Taunting the BG student section. Act like you have been there Buckeyes.
        And the student section wasn't taunting them all game long? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone eh? I think I see more frustration in your post than relevant issues.
        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-18-2021, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Thought it was a fantastic experience. 5000 crazed people, an electric, intimate atmosphere, a lot of yelling and screaming with a fight at the end and taunting on the way to the locker room. Throw in some trash talking on a message board the next day for good measure. Seriously, how long has it been since either fan base has had an experience like this? Wish we’d won, but WOW what a game! The sad thing is this intensity level never happens for any of our league games. Playing Bemidji just isn’t the same as playing the Buckeyes or Miami State (no offense intended Beaver nation, this comment is meant for illustrative purposes only).

Here’s hoping for the series to continue next season.
          Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 12-18-2021, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
            Thought it was a fantastic experience. 5000 crazed people, an electric, intimate atmosphere, a lot of yelling and screaming with a fight at the end and taunting on the way to the locker room. Throw in some trash talking on a message board the next day for good measure. Seriously, how long has it been since either fan base has had an experience like this? Wish we’d won, but WOW what a game! The sad thing is this intensity level never happens for any of our league games. Playing Bemidji just isn’t the same as playing the Buckeyes or Miami State (no offense intended Beaver nation, this comment is meant for illustrative purposes only).

Here’s hoping for the series to continue next season.
            Couldn't agree more and best of luck to you the rest of the season. BTW, could you imagine the game if we played each other again in the NCAA tournament? Gives me chills to think about it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
              Classless ending for Ohio State lead by their goalie. Taunting the BG student section. Act like you have been there Buckeyes.
              Why is it perfectly acceptable for the ticket holder to give players grief all night, but it’s not acceptable for the players to toss that stuff right back over the glass? If it’s classless for the players, isn’t it classless for the ticket holder too?

"The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Why is it perfectly acceptable for the ticket holder to give players grief all night, but it’s not acceptable for the players to toss that stuff right back over the glass? If it’s classless for the players, isn’t it classless for the ticket holder too?
                Not saying that fans should behave as they wish. There are limits. However they are paying customers.

Comment

• I saw where the ASU twitter account person was razzing CC for having ugly uniforms. I guess they've never played BGSU.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Not saying that fans should behave as they wish. There are limits. However they are paying customers.
                    So why is the standard different? Why is the same behavior acceptable for one, but classless for another?
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      I saw where the ASU twitter account person was razzing CC for having ugly uniforms. I guess they've never played BGSU.
                      I though CC's uni's looked fine, & I like BG's colors. But it's all subjective....

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post

So why is the standard different? Why is the same behavior acceptable for one, but classless for another?
                        Paying customers have a right to act like fans. It's money out of their pockets. Like I said, there are limits.

Athletes are paid/compensated for their performance in front of those fans. It's money (or education) in their pockets.

Comment

• Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Paying customers have a right to act like fans. It's money out of their pockets. Like I said, there are limits.

Athletes are paid/compensated for their performance in front of those fans. It's money (or education) in their pockets.
                          I was at the game. I didn't think there was any untoward behavior by the crowd until the OSU guy speared Seth Fyten in the closing minute and set off the ensuing melee. Unless fans chanting "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" after a home goal is deemed behavior worthy of audience taunting by the opposing team (which, in my opinion, it is not). And no one tossed anything on the ice. The crowd got under their collective skin and the Buckeyes escalated. I didn't think it was a huge deal, just part of the overall experience that evening.

Comment

• So why is the standard different? Why is the same behavior acceptable for one, but classless for another?
                            The OSU goalie can do whatever he wants IMHO. He stole both games for OSU, in a series were BG outplayed OSU for over 100 of 120 minutes he was the only reason it wasn't a BG sweep or at minimum a split.

Topped off by stopping a penalty shot with 19 seconds left in the second game with a 3-2 lead and 4800 people screaming at you. That kid was nails and to the victors go the spoils......and I guess gloating.

Besides, that was tame compared to the OSU/BG games of the 70's and early 80's when there were literally bench clearing brawls......god BG needs somebody like Miami or Western back in the CCHA, somebody we a have a real rivalry with.

Northern and Lake State have long running series with BG, but they have their own rivals up in the UP....it's not really a rivalry with BG.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravohankins View Post

The OSU goalie can do whatever he wants IMHO. He stole both games for OSU, in a series were BG outplayed OSU for over 100 of 120 minutes he was the only reason it wasn't a BG sweep or at minimum a split.

Topped off by stopping a penalty shot with 19 seconds left in the second game with a 3-2 lead and 4800 people screaming at you. That kid was nails and to the victors go the spoils......and I guess gloating.

Besides, that was tame compared to the OSU/BG games of the 70's and early 80's when there were literally bench clearing brawls......god BG needs somebody like Miami or Western back in the CCHA, somebody we a have a real rivalry with.

Northern and Lake State have long running series with BG, but they have their own rivals up in the UP....it's not really a rivalry with BG.
                              I was hoping that MSU/BG was turning into that. MSU needs that rivalry too and we just aren't getting it. It's one of the things the CCHA needs to develop into a better league as a whole in my opinion. Maybe St Thomas will turn into that sooner than later, but its not there now. They are very easy to dislike (just ask 95% of Minnesota).
                              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bale View Post

I was hoping that MSU/BG was turning into that. MSU needs that rivalry too and we just aren't getting it. It's one of the things the CCHA needs to develop into a better league as a whole in my opinion. Maybe St Thomas will turn into that sooner than later, but its not there now. They are very easy to dislike (just ask 95% of Minnesota).
                                I thought MSU/BSU was turning that?

St. Thomas will, at worst, give you a team you will love to hate.

Comment

Working...
                                X