CCHA v2.0 - BGSU FSU LSSU MTU NMU w/ BSU MSU & Special Guests - The Tommies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    I think our backups are a lot better prepared facing our guys every day in practice than facing guys you described as not D1 hockey players.
    While I would agree that the talent level on Makato's roster is far above that of StT, I would disagree that playing in practice against better players is better experience than game play against lower talent players. Nothing in a practice, scrimmage, intra-squad, exhibition, etc will ever be a game situation. It is clear that MSU plans to ride McKay either to success or until he breaks down. He could take them to the promised land, or it could be a huge issue if McKay gets injured and MSU loses key games with an inexperianced back-up in net.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      While I would agree that the talent level on Makato's roster is far above that of StT, I would disagree that playing in practice against better players is better experience than game play against lower talent players. Nothing in a practice, scrimmage, intra-squad, exhibition, etc will ever be a game situation. It is clear that MSU plans to ride McKay either to success or until he breaks down. He could take them to the promised land, or it could be a huge issue if McKay gets injured and MSU loses key games with an inexperianced back-up in net.
      It's also clear Mankato doesn't have much experience playing against Rico. No way I'd leave my #1 in for two games if I thought there was that much talent gap in front of them.

Comment

• So, McKay just HAD to start those two games vs UST to pad his stats then gives the backup a start vs LSSU (due to "illness")... Bet they wish this kid had a start under his belt before giving up a goal on his first SOG he ever faced lololol
        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
        B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
        CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
        ECAC:
        HEA: UMass
        NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
        Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
          So, McKay just HAD to start those two games vs UST to pad his stats then gives the backup a start vs LSSU (due to "illness")... Bet they wish this kid had a start under his belt before giving up a goal on his first SOG he ever faced lololol
          Aaannnddd, that stands up as the only goal of the game. Hilarious

AHA:
          ECAC:

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
            So, McKay just HAD to start those two games vs UST to pad his stats then gives the backup a start vs LSSU (due to "illness")... Bet they wish this kid had a start under his belt before giving up a goal on his first SOG he ever faced lololol
            Five players were out with illness tonight. So why do you put McKay's illness in quotes? You really need to stop obsessing about this. Yeah, he gave up a goal on the first shot he faced because he didn't have "a start under his belt." That's it. He was fine. He gave up one goal all night. I doubt that the coaches are sitting around saying "damn, we lost because the goalie wasn't prepared."
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post

You really need to stop obsessing about this.
              Y'all won't shut up about how McKay keeps getting screwed over for the Richter, so this is what you get when Mankato puts his stats (starting him vs UST) over the long-term good of the team. Flipping to see the goal, then the end of the game was almost better than watching Northern kicking the crap out of BG...

AHA:
              ECAC:

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post

Five players were out with illness tonight. So why do you put McKay's illness in quotes? You really need to stop obsessing about this. Yeah, he gave up a goal on the first shot he faced because he didn't have "a start under his belt." That's it. He was fine. He gave up one goal all night. I doubt that the coaches are sitting around saying "damn, we lost because the goalie wasn't prepared."
                Give it up. You can't have a rational discussion with someone that dumb. He actually argued that St. Thomas isn't a D1 team, and that's why playing our backup goalie against them would get that goalie ready for a D1 game. ???? Now he's arguing that a goalie who gave up one goal (on a breakaway, no less, by LSSU's best player) cost us the game. It's a special level of stupid. You can't reason with it.

Comment

• Honestly I'm more concerned that BSU managed to hurt their tournament chances by losing a winnable game last night. Maybe they were over-confident, I don't know, but those things come back to haunt you. ask BG.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Honestly I'm more concerned that BSU managed to hurt their tournament chances by losing a winnable game last night. Maybe they were over-confident, I don't know, but those things come back to haunt you. ask BG.
                    We earned our masters degree last year.

Comment

He actually argued that St. Thomas isn't a D1 team, and that's why playing our backup goalie against them would get that goalie ready for a D1 game. ????
                      That you don't comprehend the intensity difference between practice and a game tells me all I need to know about your hockey IQ. Several others agreed with me. \_(ツ)_/

AHA:
                      ECAC:

Comment

Give it up. You can't have a rational discussion with someone that dumb. He actually argued that St. Thomas isn't a D1 team, and that's why playing our backup goalie against them would get that goalie ready for a D1 game. ???? Now he's arguing that a goalie who gave up one goal (on a breakaway, no less, by LSSU's best player) cost us the game. It's a special level of stupid. You can't reason with it.
                        NMU: The N stands for kNowledge.

Comment

• College hockey news reported today that NMU's win was because Duluth played the backup. Whereas last week, when Mankato, then number 1, played without 4 or 5 of their top players, it was not mentioned at all. Bias maybe?
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            College hockey news reported today that NMU's win was because Duluth played the backup. Whereas last week, when Mankato, then number 1, played without 4 or 5 of their top players, it was not mentioned at all. Bias maybe?
                            Is this the "because they played the backup" tweet you're referring to?

https://twitter.com/chnews/status/14...oxChle3Iw&s=19

My honest opinion? I'd be highly surprised if anyone at CHN watched a second of the game. Pretty natural reaction to make that assumption. Call it bias? I suppose. Duluth has earned bias the last 5 years with a Frozen Four every year it's been contested & 2 Natty's.

AHA:
                            ECAC:

Comment

• FloHockey on the Minnesota State vs Bemidji game has been awful tonight. Just me?
                              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Awful for me too. Jumping around, going in 2x speed, jumping back, jumping forward, showing the same thing multiple times.
                                Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Working...
                                X