No announcement yet.

CCHA v2.0 - BGSU FSU LSSU MTU NMU w/ BSU MSU & Special Guests - The Tommies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge shout out to Dryden McKay's stat padding 13 save SO last night vs UST. Maybe that is what will push him over the top to win the Richter this year lolololol
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• I would have thought they would have given the start to the back up. the guy works hard all year. Give him some motivation. And appealing a play just to get the shutout I thought was bush.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• I have to admit, I was a bit surprised that the play was challenged. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but in context I get it. There was just a play in which a St Thomas player slashed the goalie and Rico had just challenged an MSU goal. I know not everyone is going to agree, but at the same time if one team is going to be playing and coaching all out, why shouldn't the other team?

I'm not sure why the backup would have started. I mean, St Thomas has been putting up some good performances in the last month and anything can happen. Why wouldn't you give your team the best chance to win? It's not like this was an exhibition.
        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• Looks like the foundation for a rivalry is being put into place.

I can understand MSU not wanting to drop this game, but come on. This was a perfect game for the back-up.

Comment

• Remember, we lost to Ferris a couple of weeks ago. That would also have been "the perfect" opportunity. Nothing is a given.
            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bale View Post
              Remember, we lost to Ferris a couple of weeks ago. That would also have been "the perfect" opportunity. Nothing is a given.
              Mankato played a horse **** defensive game (gave up almost 2x their season average in sog) and only scored one. Also, Ferris Wheel has legitimate DI players. UST does ... not. There's also no reason McKay had to play the 3rd with a 7-0 lead and shots 25-9, other than stats padding.

Edit - I will reserve final judgment until tomorrow's game. There is ZERO reason he should start that one. There is no better opportunity to get the backup ice time
              Last edited by moose97; 11-19-2021, 03:48 PM.

AHA:
              ECAC:

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                I would have thought they would have given the start to the back up. the guy works hard all year. Give him some motivation. And appealing a play just to get the shutout I thought was bush.
                A. You don't know that "the guy" works hard all year. Neither do I. What I do know is that Coach Hastings says that those who work hard and do well in practice will get ice time.

B. Why not appeal the goal. Neither you nor I know that they would have scored if they were onside. I am assuming that on another thread (because it's not on this thread) you have complained about Blasi appealing a goal when they were down 6 or 7 goals and had no chance to win.

C. Every game is important to win. If we lost there would be pairwise implications that may be very important at the end of the year.

D. I will never question the choices that Hastings makes. Our prior coach, not so much.

Comment

• Every player on every team in NCAA D1 hockey is working their butt off. If he wasn't he'd be gone. Second, it sure looks like a shallow, bush league action.And third, Isn't part of the coaches job to develop players?
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Edit - I will reserve final judgment until tomorrow's game. There is ZERO reason he should start that one. There is no better opportunity to get the backup ice time
                    9 saves and another "shut out" tonight. He must be
                    SO proud
                    Last edited by moose97; 11-20-2021, 10:00 PM.

AHA:
                    ECAC:

Comment

• I've been tweeting with the CCHA about the complexity of calculating points on the standings page. The W column includes overtime/shootout wins, so if you start with wins x 3, you have to subtract a point to account for the implied tie in an overtime/shootout win and add a point for a shootout/overtime loss. I suggested the obvious: 3 for a win, 1 for a tie, and plus one for an OT/shootout win, which is what it boils down to but the presentation is nuts. The reply was "we don't have ties," so I should have specified regulation win and regulation tie. Earlier this evening, Northern and Ferris had ties shown (I have a screen shot! :-) but that has been corrected.
                      Go Falcons!

Comment

• Gotta admit, I'm a little confused by all the great coaching advice here. We're supposed to play the backup goalie to "develop players," but we're also playing a team whose players were described as not Division 1. So we're preparing the backup goalie to play D3?

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          Gotta admit, I'm a little confused by all the great coaching advice here. We're supposed to play the backup goalie to "develop players," but we're also playing a team whose players were described as not Division 1. So we're preparing the backup goalie to play D3?
                          Can't get game experience sitting on the bench. As well as McKay has played, what happens if he gets hurt? FFS, UMD had to replace their goalie in what, the 3ot last year? Because he couldn't continue? Awesome plan for Mankato to get to that point & have the backup never play a game

AHA:
                          ECAC:

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Can't get game experience sitting on the bench. As well as McKay has played, what happens if he gets hurt? FFS, UMD had to replace their goalie in what, the 3ot last year? Because he couldn't continue? Awesome plan for Mankato to get to that point & have the backup never play a game
                            And if McKay gets hurt in the 3rd OT of an NCAA Regional Final, that backup could go into the game and everyone would say, "He's got this. It's just like a November game against St. Thomas"? I think our backups are a lot better prepared facing our guys every day in practice than facing guys you described as not D1 hockey players.

Comment

I think our backups are a lot better prepared facing our guys every day in practice than facing guys you described as not D1 hockey players.
                              Holy ****in delusional

AHA:
                              ECAC:

Comment

And if McKay gets hurt in the 3rd OT of an NCAA Regional Final, that backup could go into the game and everyone would say, "He's got this. It's just like a November game against St. Thomas"? I think our backups are a lot better prepared facing our guys every day in practice than facing guys you described as not D1 hockey players.
                                Overall, I feel like it is a good idea to get a 2nd goalie with some real, game-time experience. Even if that is against the bottom 25% teams, it is still game experience that will help if your #1 gets hurt. McKay is great - but Mavericks should be giving goalie #2 some ice time.

Comment

Working...
                                X