CCHA v2.0 - BGSU FSU LSSU MTU NMU w/ BSU MSU & Special Guests - The Tommies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

How did the EADA come up with an enrollment of 13k for BG? The official university web site lists enrollment at just north of 19k. Enrollment is up for this coming year, could be as much as 21k.

if there were only 13k students at BG, that campus would be vacant.

https://www.bgsu.edu/about.html
    Likely full time equivalents vs total head count. Maybe undergrad vs grad students. Or some combination of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

How did the EADA come up with an enrollment of 13k for BG? The official university web site lists enrollment at just north of 19k. Enrollment is up for this coming year, could be as much as 21k.

if there were only 13k students at BG, that campus would be vacant.

https://www.bgsu.edu/about.html
      The EADA didn't come up with the number, Bowling Green reported the number. They reported 5,592 men, 7,271 women, 12,863 total on the main campus. I found another website, Univstats, which does partial breakdowns for the 2018-19 school year. It gives 14,858 undergraduates, 2,683 graduate students, 14,323 full-time, 3,217 part-time and 1,520 online only. The number on the BGSU website clearly states it includes 2,000 at the BGSU Firelands campus in Huron and gives no breakdown on graduate, undergraduate and online enrollments, but after subtracting the BGSU Firelands number and the 2018-19 graduate and online numbers the total on campus undergraduate total would be 12,899, just about what is reported on the EADA.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        The EADA didn't come up with the number, Bowling Green reported the number. They reported 5,592 men, 7,271 women, 12,863 total on the main campus. I found another website, Univstats, which does partial breakdowns for the 2018-19 school year. It gives 14,858 undergraduates, 2,683 graduate students, 14,323 full-time, 3,217 part-time and 1,520 online only. The number on the BGSU website clearly states it includes 2,000 at the BGSU Firelands campus in Huron and gives no breakdown on graduate, undergraduate and online enrollments, but after subtracting the BGSU Firelands number and the 2018-19 graduate and online numbers the total on campus undergraduate total would be 12,899, just about what is reported on the EADA.

Sean
        You're talking only the main campus, not total enrollees. Gotcha.

Comment

FYI... we [tech] currently hover-around 7,000 students...

Portrait of 2045

Michigan Tech: A global technological university that inspires students, advances knowledge, and innovates to create a sustainable, just, and prosperous world.
          1. Diverse internationally competitive faculty - 400 in tenured or tenure-track positions and 40% of all faculty in endowed positions
          2. Diverse student body of 10,000 - $500 million scholarship endowment
            1. 6,500 Undergraduates
            2. 2,400 Masters [2,000 coursework/professional]
            3. 1,100 PhD
            4. 40% female and one of the 10 highest public universities in percentage of engineering degrees granted to women
          3. Globally literate graduates with strong communication skills
          4. A transformational undergraduate experience in a residential learning environment
          5. Internationally recognized for research, development and innovation
          6. Sustainable financial model with decreasing proportion of state funding
          7. Entrepreneurial, efficient, service-oriented and sustainable university culture
          8. Year-round Calendar
          https://www.mtu.edu/stratplan/portrait/

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
            FYI... we [tech] currently hover-around 7,000 students...
            FWIW, MTU reported 3,844 men, 1,537 women, 5,381 total on their EADA report for 2019-2020.

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

FWIW, MTU reported 3,844 men, 1,537 women, 5,381 total on their EADA report for 2019-2020.

Sean
              undergraduate enrollment...

Comment

Minnesota State University, Mankato’s 2020 fall semester enrollment is up by 307 students, from 14,297 in October 2019 to 14,604 this month (a 2.1 percent increase), marking the second year in a row that Minnesota State Mankato’s “30-day headcount enrollment” has increased.
                https://mankato.mnsu.edu/about-the-u...-up-fall-2020/
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                  FYI... we [Tech] currently hover-around 7,000 students...
                  These comments should be clarified for those that may not understand. The delta between the two student numbers reported is due to the Real World Value Exchange Rate.TM The value of a Michigan Tech graduate is roughly 1.3 times greater than a graduate from other universities when placed into the real world. As such the 5,381 actual Michigan Tech graduates would provide a real world value equal to that of approximately 7,000 students who graduated from other institutions. I hope this helps clarify the numbers.

Enjoy the extended weekend!
                  #WikidSmaht
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

MEN’S HOCKEY
                    St. Thomas Ice Arena served the Tommies well as a Division III school, but it simply doesn’t meet the needs of a Division I program. Every other school in the CCCHA plays in an arena with at least 2,500 seats. And when it comes to hockey, the Tommies have their sites on being competitive against the likes of the Gophers, Minnesota Duluth and St. Cloud State as well, and facilities will play a major role in being able to recruit against those schools.

“It’s hard to say exactly what that will be,” Esten said of the next home for the men’s program, “whether it would be a shared facility or a new St. Thomas facility off campus.”

In the meantime, Esten said it is possible that one or more marquee games could be played at an alternate site this season and in future seasons, but he added that no discussions have taken place to date. Along with hosting St. Cloud State in their opening weekend, the Tommies will have home games against conference opponents Minnesota State Mankato and Bemidji State.

“Whether it’s the University of Minnesota, any of the larger professional arenas in the Twin Cities or municipal-owned facilities, I think there are a lot of really neat options for us,” Esten said. “That’s if it makes sense; if the ice is open at that time, if the partnership makes sense, if they’re interested, if we’re interested, then we can progress with the conversation.”

Esten said St. Thomas will look at public-private partnerships, off-campus facilities, and any other options that make sense.

Lucia believes that the Tommies should focus on making the best of their current arena until a new home is built or found.

“I told Phil that I am completely comfortable with them playing in that facility as a short-term facility,” Lucia said. “I think it makes more sense to play in one facility rather than bounce around to two or three facilities around the Twin Cities.

“I’m not concerned; it’s a nice arena. They’ll spruce it up nice and it will be a nice home-ice atmosphere.”

https://ccha.com/news/2021/7/9/mens-...st-follow.aspx
                    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                    ECAC:
                    HEA: UMass
                    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

"Whether it’s the University of Minnesota, any of the larger professional arenas in the Twin Cities or municipal-owned facilities."

Hmmm, municipal-owned facilities. Who could have guessed that one. /s

AHA:
                      ECAC:

Comment

Great first weekend on the ice, largely due to Mankato, but stick tap to Ferris and Lake State and their splits too.

Off ice? Oof. I'll acknowledge the entirity of college hockey had issues with reporting live scores & stats due to the change in technology, but beyond that? CCHA.com STILL doesn't have box score links for 5 of the 11 games from this past weekend. Also, there's a whopping 4 highlight videos up on YouTube from the weekend, with 3 of those 4 ROAD series, which means there's home games they didn't bother to produce highlights for (when this was specifically mentioned as something that would be done IMMEDIATELY after games ended this season). Then, there's the Tech cluster****. Apparently, all those, "we're smarter than everyone else," engineers couldn't bother to order their new video equipment early enough to broadcast the NMU/Tech game. Not to mention the Ferris game spent the entire first half of the first period with no replays, a single camera & no score bug. Nor did they ever have SOG or penalty minutes on screen. Also the UST game was clearly the scoreboard feed, with "Go Tommies" graphics. Hopefully that's a symptom of playing at the X (another item specifically mentioned as changing this year). Oof. It's gotta get better from here, no?
                        Last edited by moose97; 10-04-2021, 01:45 PM.

AHA:
                        ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                          Great first weekend on the ice, largely due to Mankato, but stick tap to Ferris and Lake State and their splits too.

Off ice? Oof. I'll acknowledge the entirity of college hockey had issues with reporting live scores & stats due to the change in technology, but beyond that? CCHA.com STILL doesn't have box score links for 5 of the 11 games from this past weekend. Also, there's a whopping 4 highlight videos up on YouTube from the weekend, with 3 of those 4 ROAD series, which means there's home games they didn't bother to produce highlights for (when this was specifically mentioned as something that would be done IMMEDIATELY after games ended this season). Then, there's the Tech cluster****. Apparently, all those, "we're smarter than everyone else," engineers couldn't bother to order their new video equipment early enough to broadcast the NMU/Tech game. Not to mention the Ferris game spent the entire first half of the first period with no replays, a single camera & no score bug. Nor did they ever have SOG or penalty minutes on screen. Also the UST game was clearly the scoreboard feed, with "Go Tommies" graphics. Hopefully that's a symptom of playing at the X (another item specifically mentioned as changing this year). Oof. It's gotta get better from here, no?
                          I watched some of the Ferris games on Flohockey and it didn't look that bad- actually a huge improvement over past seasons. And yeah- CCHA.com has a few glitches to iron out, but overall a huge leap from the wcha.com.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

I watched some of the Ferris games on Flohockey and it didn't look that bad- actually a huge improvement over past seasons. And yeah- CCHA.com has a few glitches to iron out, but overall a huge leap from the wcha.com.
                            I take issue with how the CCHA spent their entire existence saying how they are going to be first class, and there were serious glitches day one. I don't understand how they didn't prepare for this earlier to avoid these problems if they want to be perceived as "first class"

AHA:
                            ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post

I take issue with how the CCHA spent their entire existence saying how they are going to be first class, and there were serious glitches day one. I don't understand how they didn't prepare for this earlier to avoid these problems if they want to be perceived as "first class"
                              If you wait for perfection before doing anything you'll be waiting a long time. Sometimes "good enough" is good enough.

Still way better than what came before. I expect improvement as the season progresses.

Comment

They’re still ironing out the kinks. I’ve been so impressed over what they’ve done compared to the ****ty WCHA that I’m ok for now giving them a pass. If these nagging glitches are happening in December then I’ll complain but for now it’s still a major improvement.

Comment

Working...
                                X