CCHA v2.0 - BGSU FSU LSSU MTU NMU w/ BSU MSU & Special Guests - The Tommies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

Bemidji must be trying to become a NCHC Affiliate member with home and homes with Duluth, North Dakota and St. Cloud (at Arizona State for the other two).
    That schedule makes sense to me. They get some easy OOC road trips other than ASU but then auctioning a trip there for the games as part of a fundraiser.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      It took 8 years to get Notre Dame to make a UP trip after playing 4 games in South Bend since 2013. All five of Tech's most recent games against WI (going back to the 2017 HHoF game, which I assume wasn't part of the contract) have been in Madison. These B1G teams need to be told to sack up and get on the bus.
      I would say there is an easy fix for the "Big Issue": The Big comes to Houghton FIRST and then we'll let you know when we can fit in a trip to your Big rink.
      Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      The Clarkson series is definitely the return for the 2019 series in Houghton.
      The Clarkson deal was either originally a 2 for 1 or a second 1 for 1 is starting as Tech has already been to Clarkson, Oct 2018. I have proof. I was there.
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        Tech has already been to Clarkson, Oct 2018. I have proof. I was there.
        Maybe, but according to Wikipediea that doesn't count!

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          Maybe, but according to Wikipediea that doesn't count!
          Sean
          Bigfoot took a photo of me in the stands that weekend as well, but he has shaky hands so the photo is a little blurry and underexposed. I'm pretty sure it is me anyway.
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Have there been any rumors about a rink for St. Thomas? STA is a 5 minute drive from my house so the convenience will be nice but I hope they're not there long.

There have to be bigger arenas in the area they could use. Aldrich? Could Ridder happen? Is Braemar bigger? Tria rink?

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingCool View Post
              Have there been any rumors about a rink for St. Thomas? STA is a 5 minute drive from my house so the convenience will be nice but I hope they're not there long.

There have to be bigger arenas in the area they could use. Aldrich? Could Ridder happen? Is Braemar bigger? Tria rink?
              Jess Myers wrote last month that the team will continue to play in Mendota Heights, and that discussions continue about building a larger arena close to campus.

He also wrote the Xcel Energy Center or Target Center could be used for "rivalry games" against Mankato and Bemidji.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/hocke...-Thomas-hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                St Thomas in fourth is too high for their first season.
                I agree, but it won't take more than a couple of years for them to be very competitive in league play. Good article here:

Rico Blasi Brings Vital Experience To St. Thomas As Tommies Enter DI Fray
                https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/70...m_medium=email

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Wow. So much to comment on. If you are surprised at the BSU schedule, you haven't been paying attention to their schedule since, well, forever.

More OOC games are better. There's a reason the NCHC only plays 24 games rather than 26 or 28.

And good luck with your "make 'em come to our rink first" philosophy for big schools. It'll work occasionally (NMU hosting UMD this year), but more often than not, the alternative will be playing an AHA school instead...

Finally, I think the ceiling for UST is 6th. I may be way off, but unless they bring in 20 transfers, they'll spend most of the season battling to stay out of the basement.
                  Last edited by moose97; 05-27-2021, 06:48 AM.
                  Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                  B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                  CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                  ECAC:
                  HEA: UMass
                  NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                  Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Finally, I think the ceiling for UST is 6th. I may be way off, but unless they bring in 20 transfers, they'll spend most of the season battling to stay out of the basement.
                    They can be RMU West now.

Comment

Are there 20 transfers that would want to play for Rico?

Comment

And good luck with your "make 'em come to our rink first" philosophy for big schools. It'll work occasionally (NMU hosting UMD this year), but more often than not, the alternative will be playing an AHA school instead...
                        I think the comment is aimed at the Big Ten schools that have all the money and power and have treated small schools like pawns to sacrifice to their own enrichment. UMD, ice hockey tradition notwithstanding, is a D3 school that's smaller than Mankato, Ferris State, or Bowling Green.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          I think the comment is aimed at the Big Ten schools that have all the money and power and have treated small schools like pawns to sacrifice to their own enrichment. UMD, ice hockey tradition notwithstanding, is a D3 school that's smaller than Mankato, Ferris State, or Bowling Green.
                          Actually, UMD is a D2 school, playing in the NSIC with Mankato, St. Cloud and Bemidji.
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Actually, UMD is a D2 school, playing in the NSIC with Mankato, St. Cloud and Bemidji.
                            Sorry. I think the point we can all agree on is that Wisconsin sucks the most.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              UMD, ice hockey tradition notwithstanding, is a D3 school that's smaller than Mankato, Ferris State, or Bowling Green.
                              I assume you mean enrollment? If so, the 2020 EADA reports show UMD (8,675) is slightly larger than Ferris State (8,066), although both are smaller than Bowling Green (12,906) and Minnesota State (10,415). By NCAA classification only Bowling Green is DI, with the others all DII. By overall athletic budget Bowling Green is the 800 pound DI school, with $24.7 million total expenses in 2020, followed by Minnesota State at $14.8 million, UMD at $11.9 million and Ferris State trailing at $8 million. Looking at just men's hockey expenses it's different with UMD leading at $2.9 million, followed by Minnesota State at $2.2 million, Bowling Green at $2 million and Ferris at $1.4 million.

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

I assume you mean enrollment? If so, the 2020 EADA reports show UMD (8,675) is slightly larger than Ferris State (8,066), although both are smaller than Bowling Green (12,906) and Minnesota State (10,415). By NCAA classification only Bowling Green is DI, with the others all DII. By overall athletic budget Bowling Green is the 800 pound DI school, with $24.7 million total expenses in 2020, followed by Minnesota State at $14.8 million, UMD at $11.9 million and Ferris State trailing at $8 million. Looking at just men's hockey expenses it's different with UMD leading at $2.9 million, followed by Minnesota State at $2.2 million, Bowling Green at $2 million and Ferris at $1.4 million.

Sean
                                How did the EADA come up with an enrollment of 13k for BG? The official university web site lists enrollment at just north of 19k. Enrollment is up for this coming year, could be as much as 21k.

if there were only 13k students at BG, that campus would be vacant.

https://www.bgsu.edu/about.html

Comment

Working...
                                X