CCHA v2.0 - BGSU FSU LSSU MTU NMU w/ BSU MSU & Special Guests - The Tommies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCHA v2.0 - BGSU FSU LSSU MTU NMU w/ BSU MSU & Special Guests - The Tommies

Well, its about that time I guess. The league website sites says we're now officially back and "reconstituted" (I hate that word) for 2021-22. Six former member teams sticking together, returning to their CCHA roots and bringing Bemidji, Mankato and St Thomas into the fold as well. BGSU will have a lot of dusting off to do as they dig all the old CCHA swag out of storage. What's old is new again. Shake up all the rosters in the transfer portal and bring on the 2021-22 season.

https://www.ccha.com/
    • 8 NCAA Championships
    • 55 NCAA Appearances
    • 120 All-Americans
    • 176 NHL Players
    • 23 Stanley Cup Champions
    • 33 Academic All-Americans
    • And the most-storied trophy in college hockey, the MacNaughton Cup

Here's my way too early prediction for 2021-22 order of regular season finish:
    1. Minnesota State *
    2. Bemidji State *
    3. Bowling Green State *
    4. St Thomas "State"
    5. Lake Superior State
    6. Michigan Tech "State"
    7. Northern Michigan "State"
    8. Ferris State
    * NCAA Tourney Qualifier
    ** NOTE: Some programs awarded honorary "State" title for these rankings to provide better symmetry with the other teams.

Other miscellaneous 2021-22 predictions:
    • CCHA Coach of the Year - Rico Blasi
    • At least one player enters the transfer portal citing massive drop in frequent flier miles compared past seasons

What others are saying about the CCHA:

"The eight CCHA member institutions, Bemidji State University, Bowling Green State University, Ferris State University, Lake Superior State University, Michigan Technological University, Minnesota State University, Northern Michigan University, and the University of St. Thomas each have a rich history of academic and athletic excellence and are dedicated to improving regional alignment, building natural rivalries, and enhancing the student-athlete and fan experience. For more, visit CCHA.com." ~ CCHA Media Team

"This feels a lot like the 2020-21 WCHA... but where's UAH and who are the Tommies?" ~USCHO Fan Forum Member
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

I’m in.

Go Mavericks!
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

about these "way too early predictions for" next season - if michigan tech is going to finish in 6th place (or 5th or worse);

2021/22 will be joe's fifth season (all his tenure) without home ice and a 'tourney qualifier' that is not via a conference championship win.

i am 123% behind him for this coming season, but my support after this season is 321% dependent on how 2021/22 will play out. so if your crystal ball is somewhat reliable, let's please let him go now. save us the heartache. if we don't get a NCAA berth via the PWR, it's a failed season in my opinion.

best of luck joe. bring in cam ellsworth...

and sometimes i wonder why (that i know of) joe does not have a new contract; his initial one expires at the end of next month. working out the 'details' i guess.

GO TECH GOLD!
      Last edited by DrunkTrainPolka; 04-13-2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Glad to see someone started the new league thread. Give me two taps and a Rick Flair for the CCHA...<clap> <clap> WOO!

Our AD is rummaging around one of the storage closets looking for the Mason Cup. "I know I saw it here somewhere..."

If BG finishes better than 6th I'll be a happy camper.

1. Mankato
        2. Beavers
        3. Tech
        4/5. 'Cats/Lakers
        6. THE Bowling Green State University
        7. Tommies
        8. Ferris

ECAC will be back to a full slate of teams next season so we'll only qualify two; Mavs and Beavs.

I reserve the right to fill out a new projection in October.

Not sure what everyone else thinks, but I gotta believe we're a consistent 2-bid league.

Comment

Why is everyone down on Ferris? It would be great for the conference if they can become competitive.

Comment

St Thomas in fourth is too high for their first season.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post
              Why is everyone down on Ferris? It would be great for the conference if they can become competitive.
              Cuz they're terrible

Comment

Johnson Jerseys, well said on the inaugural CCHA thread! Looking forward to fall and the new CCHA league (A.K.A. WCHA v2.1), where the Minnesota teams now get to hold the sack on the initiation snipe hunt. Can we look for your periodic input to get us cranked up for 2021-22? Hoping so.

Don't know what to think about St. Thomas, before I learn about their recruits and transfers. Could be good, or could be Huntsville for a year or two. But they have a good well-respected coach in Biasi Question: is there a limit to the number of transfers that are permitted to a Division 1 team? I assume he (Biasi) also has to recruit a certain number of freshmen, right?

Forgive my ignorance on this topic...new territory for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  St Thomas in fourth is too high for their first season.
                  Agreed, although this year's transfer flexibilities should give them a shot at a significantly better initial roster than they would have been able to cobble together in a normal year.

Comment

Welcome back, CCHA!

Is that 55 NCAA appearances stat still correct?I thought it said 55 before the most recent NCAA tourney, but I’m not certain.

Comment

I’m excited about the future with this league. Mainly due to the changes in leadership. Especially in regards to the officiating product. Kevin Langseth is very qualified for the position and will bring a fresh approach to both the selection and improvement to the on-ice officiating product.

Comment

I have a classic CCHA polo shirt- I can't really use it anymore....

Given how MSU played during the tournament, it's safe to have a lot of optimism for the future of the conference.

Comment

I’ll be shocked it St Thomas finishes ahead of anyone other than Ferris State.

The bones of a program that can be consistently good are there, but facilities upgrades, while imminent, need to happen before that does.

As a transfer, a player may see opportunity here, but, likely is going to try and find a fit with an established program it at all possible.

There’s also a myriad of reasons why guys are in the transfer portal, and those that can make a more immediate impact/higher level players are definitely going to find more established programs.
                          AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

Agreed, although this year's transfer flexibilities should give them a shot at a significantly better initial roster than they would have been able to cobble together in a normal year.
                            It doesn't hurt St. Thomas to start with an experienced goaltender: https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/...php?pid=186616
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

It doesn't hurt St. Thomas to start with an experienced goaltender: https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/...php?pid=186616
                              I agree with you there, but the roster/defenseman in front of him are going to look a heck of a lot different next year.
                              AF 99

Comment

Working...
                              X