Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State Offseason Thread: Made a Frozen Four, how do they get more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Any word on tickets yet? And has the state cleared full attendance?
    I haven't heard anything. They're allowing full attendance at Moondogs games, but that's outdoors.

My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
      I haven't heard anything. They're allowing full attendance at Moondogs games, but that's outdoors.
      The University is planning on full capacity for the 2021-2022 season.

Season Tickets will NOT include the Hockey Day MN game, but season ticket holders will have priority access to purchase tickets.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Mavs add U Mass to Schedule. Open season Oct. 2-3 in Amherst.

Comment

Fantastic news! If you want to be the best, play the best. Nice to see that the Mavs aren't shying away from anyone. Should be a great recruiting message, too. It will be a fun and challenging season upcoming. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
            Mavs add U Mass to Schedule. Open season Oct. 2-3 in Amherst.
            Anyone going? It would be hard to beat the last Massachusetts trip, but I might have to try!

Comment

Anyone going? It would be hard to beat the last Massachusetts trip, but I might have to try!
              Sadly not this time. My high school class reunion that weekend. I was in Boston for the BU series a few years ago...that was the best road trip ever. Never been to Amherst. Wondering how I'll be able to stream those games at the bar while I'm chatting up my old girlfriend, Mary Beth Easy.

Comment

No need for me to go. That is when I finally met you (lol). Unfortunately, I also will not be making this trip. However, I do have a trip penciled in this coming April.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post

No need for me to go. That is when I finally met you (lol). Unfortunately, I also will not be making this trip. However, I do have a trip penciled in this coming April.
                  I don't think we'll be making it, either. We are discussing a possible trip to Northern in January. (It sounds kinda stupid once I wrote it all down!)

Comment

Wowzers.....I know he never ended up playing for us, but still noteworthy. Matiss Kivlenieks died from a head injury in some sort of a fall.
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                      Wowzers.....I know he never ended up playing for us, but still noteworthy. Matiss Kivlenieks died from a head injury in some sort of a fall.
                      Yeah, apparently horsing around with fireworks, something went wrong, he jumped out of a hottub, and slipped on the deck and hit his head. At least that's what I read.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Update: They originally thought he died from head trauma, slipping while running from a firework. Not so. He got hit by a firework, died of chest trauma.

Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks died of chest trauma from an errant fireworks mortar blast in what authorities described Monday as a tragic accident on the Fourth of July.

Police in Novi, Michigan, said the firework tilted slightly and started to fire toward people nearby Sunday night. The 24-year-old Kivlenieks was in a hot tub and tried to get clear with several other people, police Lt. Jason Meier said. Authorities earlier said the Lativan had died of an apparent head injury during a fall, but an autopsy clarified the cause of death.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                          He played here in Sioux City for one memorable year, along with Eeli Tolvanen and Odeen Tufto, among others. Loved by his teammates, management, support staff - no one had an unkind word to say about Matiss. Brilliant as a goaltender, too, but what hurts is the fine young man who was lost. RIP, Matiss.

Comment

He played here in Sioux City for one memorable year, along with Eeli Tolvanen and Odeen Tufto, among others. Loved by his teammates, management, support staff - no one had an unkind word to say about Matiss. Brilliant as a goaltender, too, but what hurts is the fine young man who was lost. RIP, Matiss.
                            I remember the news of his commitment to MSU then looking up his stats. He looked to be the real thing and wondered if he was going to be one of those "missing pieces" that would finally get us over the hump.

Comment

I saw something in a Schlossman tweet about Darren Blue possibly leaving, but I don't have a subscription to the Grand Forks Herald to read the article. So what's the scoop? And Schlossman generally knows what he's talking about, so if he's heard something, it means something.

Comment

I saw something in a Schlossman tweet about Darren Blue possibly leaving, but I don't have a subscription to the Grand Forks Herald to read the article. So what's the scoop? And Schlossman generally knows what he's talking about, so if he's heard something, it means something.
                                According to the article, this is a non hockey related opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X