Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    and Shane Bear, although, of course, he did not start at RPI.

Perhaps they meant Will is the only senior defenseman who plays regularly.
    I should have mentioned him as well; thank you, Ralph. I know that the team doesn't send out much information on who is injured and who is not, but I assume that Bear has been a healthy scratch for most of the season. The younger players are talented, but I was a little surprised about that given his role last year and being one of the assistant captains.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Am I correct that Coach Smith has one year left on his contract after this season?
        TU reported a 5-year deal when he was hired. https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...h-11056126.php

Comment

Originally posted by TBone View Post
          Six months of winter gets old after a while.
          That is the only reason we still stay much of it down in NJ.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            On behalf of RPI Men’s Hockey I would like to invite you, your family and your co-workers to an open practice this Friday from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm. Our practice will be at the Houston Field House and open to the public.
            Doors will open at 2:00 pm and all players will be available after the practice, off the ice to meet with fans and supporters of RPI hockey until 4: 45 pm.
            RPI Hockey finished the season at 17-15-2 overall (13-8-1 ECAC Hockey) and clinched the fourth seed and a bye in the ECAC Hockey Playoffs. The Engineers are idle until March 13-15, when we host an ECAC Hockey Quarterfinal series at the Houston Field House.

Schedule/Results from 19-20 Season

Dave Smith
            Head Coach
            Cell: (716) 818-1119
            IG: rpi_mhockey
            "For those of you gainfully employed and unable to leave work at 2:00PM, have a nice day..."
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

It's the annual fund the team time. They want FitBits. https://impact.rpi.edu/project/4733
              I'm probably alone in thinking this, but I think its kind of sad that a team from a supposed technology school need to crowdfund for fibits....something sadly ironic.... I would think/hope that the school might have some connections in the tech industry that could provide these at a greatly reduced cost, if not gratis. And yes, I am sure that there are 93 different NCAA rules prohibiting this, but I guess more than anything its the online begging that I'm not a fan of.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                TU reported a 5-year deal when he was hired. https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...h-11056126.php
                Thanks. So it probably isn't necessary to give him an extension at this time. Although he may warrant it and almost certainly would if we get to LP, I am concerned about RPI being saddled with long contracts based upon previous events.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  I'm probably alone in thinking this, but I think its kind of sad that a team from a supposed technology school need to crowdfund for fibits....something sadly ironic.... I would think/hope that the school might have some connections in the tech industry that could provide these at a greatly reduced cost, if not gratis. And yes, I am sure that there are 93 different NCAA rules prohibiting this, but I guess more than anything its the online begging that I'm not a fan of.
                  Each RPI team is begging for something. See https://impact.rpi.edu/g/letsgored. It probably makes more sense for the D-III teams, but they can't leave out the two hockey teams. It's interesting that the cross country team already surpassed its goal.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                    Was treated as a Senior during Senior night, and they prepared a plaque for him like the others.
                    I wouldn't really read into that. He's a senior, why wouldn't he be treated as such on Senior Night? He probably doesn't know yet whether or not he's coming back

Comment

Each RPI team is begging for something. See https://impact.rpi.edu/g/letsgored. It probably makes more sense for the D-III teams, but they can't leave out the two hockey teams. It's interesting that the cross country team already surpassed its goal.
                      Figured it was a "me" problem....

Comment

Congrats!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Congrats again!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                            I wouldn't really read into that. He's a senior, why wouldn't he be treated as such on Senior Night? He probably doesn't know yet whether or not he's coming back
                            Surely possible he returns, and I would like to see that. Just seems awkward to go through a Senior night celebration when there is a possibility of a return. Tempting to read into it; couldn't he have classified himself as a red-shirt junior?

Comment

Really over the top that we had two players, Savory and Burgess, honored in their positions as ECAC players of the month!!!!!Now if we can have that for the Month of March, that would be really special
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Interesting article. They note Reilly's decision to stay and Hayhurst decision to leave. They leave out Samec and Baer as Sr defensemen and also Polino who could have left as a graduate transfer but choose to stay. The press is good for the team but they should give all of the pertinent facts IMO. Samec has played a large role with this team through his 4 years and does a lot in the community.

Comment

Working...
                                X