• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    The jokes in replies to posts about this have been golden:
    • Sun Devils in front, Coyotes in the back
    • The concession stand will be known for its amazing salad
    • etc
    Getting from the main concourse to one's seat has a nice flow...
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Two Colgate at ASU hockey tickets for Friday-Saturday, October 14-15, have been purchased for Dartmouth Doug and myself for a total of $306.75. What a freakin’ steal. Hotel and airline reservations were made in June. One happy camper here. Last season I logged in Oceanside Rink for LIU at ASU. This season I log in The Mullett.
      Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 09-13-2022, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know how ASU games are streamed? I'm guessing the Desert Hockey Classic will be streamed via ASU stream.

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
          Anyone know how ASU games are streamed? I'm guessing the Desert Hockey Classic will be streamed via ASU stream.
          Home game video will be either the ASU live stream site or PAC 12 network or PAC 12 Insider.
          Radio is - https://thesundevils.com/news/2022/8...ty-hockey.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
            Two Colgate at ASU hockey tickets for Friday-Saturday, October 14-15, have been purchased for Dartmouth Doug and myself for a total of $306.75. What a freakin’ steal. Hotel and airline reservations were made in June. One happy camper here. Last season I logged in Oceanside Rink for LIU at ASU. This season I log in The Mullet.
            Nice! But hopefully you go to the ASU's new arena - The Mullett (wink)

Comment

• The ASU ticket buying experience leaves a LOT to be desired, but two tickets for 11/11 finally secured.
              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
              ECAC:
              HEA: UMass
              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• I agree, its not as easy as many sites. But congratulations on getting them! I won't be back in the state/city until just after New Years Day as we hang out in northern Minnesota for the holidays. It'll likely be televised on PAC12 livestream so let me know what jersey you'll be wearing.

Am guessing the wife is getting me tix to ASU-Duluth and/or ASU-Bemidji upcoming games for my birthday later this week, if she doesn't then I'll get them as a self-present. We'll probably be the lone ASU jersey's in the crowd........

Let me know if you want some recommendations on restaurant, bars, things to do but I recall you go to the area regularly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
                  I agree, its not as easy as many sites. But congratulations on getting them! I won't be back in the state/city until just after New Years Day as we hang out in northern Minnesota for the holidays. It'll likely be televised on PAC12 livestream so let me know what jersey you'll be wearing.
                  it's a long story with one comedy of errors after the other. Funny, the head of hockey ticket sales called me just as I was starting to type this to make sure everything was finalized.
                  Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
                  Am guessing the wife is getting me tix to ASU-Duluth and/or ASU-Bemidji upcoming games for my birthday later this week, if she doesn't then I'll get them as a self-present. We'll probably be the lone ASU jersey's in the crowd........

Let me know if you want some recommendations on restaurant, bars, things to do but I recall you go to the area regularly.
                  I don't remember asking you - where do you spend your time in Minnesota? I lived between Minneapolis, International Falls, Grand Forks, ND and Bemidji from 1996-2013.

And I'm always interested in hearing about new places. We started coming out only a year ago and i only went to Tempe once for a quick visit to Oceanside.

AHA:
                  ECAC:

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post

I don't remember asking you - where do you spend your time in Minnesota? I lived between Minneapolis, International Falls, Grand Forks, ND and Bemidji from 1996-2013.

And I'm always interested in hearing about new places. We started coming out only a year ago and i only went to Tempe once for a quick visit to Oceanside.
                    I have a lake house just south of Detroit Lakes, had another cabin in the area from 1980 but only used for a couple weeks in the summer as I lived down south. I was born & raised in GF but the folks had to thaw out so I went to high school in AZ, graduated from ASU but did 1 summer session at UND. Went to a lot of Sioux games back at The Barn where the fans went into the warming rooms between periods & your beer froze in the stands.

If you go back in this thread maybe 2 - 3 pages there is a link as to bars, restaurants in Tempe/Scottsdale with my additions to others not shown in the link. If you can't find it I'll repost, let me know.

General areas to go to include: South Mountain Park - horse ride or take car to the top, biggest city park in the world (?), Cave Creek/Carefree - lots of Old West stuff but a bit touristy, Old Town Scottsdale - fun touristy area, Pinnacle Peak/Reatta Pass - Old West touristy, Superstition Mountains - hiking, White Tank Mountains - hiking, Crown King/Bumblebee - nice drive, Prescott - Old West touristy, Sedona/Red Rock/Jerome - scenic & big ghost town, Phx International Speedway - NASCAR. Let me know what specifically you like doing & which side of the metropolitan you'll be in and I can provide additional info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

I have a lake house just south of Detroit Lakes, had another cabin in the area from 1980 but only used for a couple weeks in the summer as I lived down south. I was born & raised in GF but the folks had to thaw out so I went to high school in AZ, graduated from ASU but did 1 summer session at UND. Went to a lot of Sioux games back at The Barn where the fans went into the warming rooms between periods & your beer froze in the stands.

If you go back in this thread maybe 2 - 3 pages there is a link as to bars, restaurants in Tempe/Scottsdale with my additions to others not shown in the link. If you can't find it I'll repost, let me know.

General areas to go to include: South Mountain Park - horse ride or take car to the top, biggest city park in the world (?), Cave Creek/Carefree - lots of Old West stuff but a bit touristy, Old Town Scottsdale - fun touristy area, Pinnacle Peak/Reatta Pass - Old West touristy, Superstition Mountains - hiking, White Tank Mountains - hiking, Crown King/Bumblebee - nice drive, Prescott - Old West touristy, Sedona/Red Rock/Jerome - scenic & big ghost town, Phx International Speedway - NASCAR. Let me know what specifically you like doing & which side of the metropolitan you'll be in and I can provide additional info.
                      Nice. My in-laws live in Apache Junction, so that's where we'll be staying.

I worked with Tim Hennessey and Scott Hennen, Jim Bolmann and Scott Swygman when I was in GF when K-Lite/KCNN had the Sioux contact (98-99). Our then month old daughter went with us to the last game at the old Ralph.

I'll be passing these suggestions to my wife. She was in an accident on our last trip out to Phoenix & wants to make up for what we missed (she spent the week on her dad's couch all bruised up).
                      Last edited by moose97; 09-22-2022, 06:33 PM.

AHA:
                      ECAC:

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Nice. My in-laws live in Apache Junction, so that's where we'll be staying.

I worked with Tim Hennessey and Scott Hennen, Jim Bolmann and Scott Swygman when I was in GF when K-Lite/KCNN had the Sioux contact (98-99). Our then month old daughter went with us to the last game at the old Ralph.

I'll be passing these suggestions to my wife. She was in an accident on our last trip out to Phoenix & wants to make up for what we missed (she spent the week on her dad's couch all bruised up).
                        Some nice lakes out on that side of the Valley. Tortilla Flats is a fun place to go, or it was 40 years ago when I was last there. Mount Graham (Safford, AZ) drive goes through 7 of the 9 climate zones of the world in 2 hours, you can see into Mexico from the peak. Globe/Miami/Lake Roosevelt is a nice drive. Great winery/olive farm in Queens Creek. A fun mining camp "park" & restaurant, I forget the name of it, between Mesa Airport & Apache Junction.
                        Then there's Tucson, Bisbee, Tombstone to also visit, lots of caves to explore down that way.
                        Bring a metal detector, go to any of the washes at the foot of a mountain, see if you get some silver or gold.

Comment

• Preview of the new arena prior to opening for next weekend's games against Colgate. I suspect audio/video/replay will be superb being it'll have to meet NHL standards. The games will be broadcast on the PAC12 Network or live streamed the ASU hockey page.

https://pac-12.com/videos/pac-12-net...a-state-hockey

https://thesundevils.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/schedule/2022-23

Comment

• Watched the first broadcast of activities from the Mullett Arena.

https://pac-12.com/article/2022/10/0...%20the%20arena.

Audio & video action was very good. I suspect the school wanted used the women's D1 club game against Grand Canyon University to see how the students from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism & AV would handle the equipment, feeds, hardware.

Comment

• SOL, I'm sure you have answered at some point, but are the games gonna be free to watch?
                              "My greatest achievement."
                              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

• Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                                SOL, I'm sure you have answered at some point, but are the games gonna be free to watch?
                                Kind of sort of........those games broadcast by ASU livestream should be free to watch, those games broadcast by PAC12 networks require a subscription. Any bar that has DISH should have the capability to broadcast PAC12 as its free with DISH.

Comment

Working...
                                X