No announcement yet.

Sun Devil Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I guess we shouldn't be holding our collective breath waiting for the Tucson cousins to join ASU in the NCHC...or anywhere else in D1 hockey...
    Last edited by Split-N; 11-10-2023, 02:09 PM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      So, I guess we shouldn't be holding our collective breath waiting for the Tucson cousins to join ASU in the NCHC...or anywhere else in D1 hockey...
      Yeah, I saw that & had the same thoughts, a real shame.

Comment

• Nice article written by our Denver University rivals.
        https://letsgodu.com/2023/11/15/puck...mullett-arena/

Comment

• 2nd game of the tournament was not pretty but Sparky pulled it out, won the inaugural Adirondack Winter Invitational, bringing the hardware home. Next up - the 5th Desert Hockey Classic with ASU welcoming UMass-Lowell, Omaha, Harvard to the thaw out in the desert & have some holiday fun!
          Last edited by Sol Diablo; 12-31-2023, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Won the first game of the Desert Hockey Classic! Win again tomorrow & it'll be back to back weekend tournament championships. Omaha tomorrow.

Comment

• The good news : 10 straight wins, back to back weekend tournament championships. The bad news: it hasn't helped PWR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
                The good news : 10 straight wins, back to back weekend tournament championships. The bad news: it hasn't helped PWR.
                Next year playing in a conference should help.
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

The good news : 10 straight wins, back to back weekend tournament championships. The bad news: it hasn't helped PWR.
                  The Pairwise, for a variety of reasons, is more Eastern-centered this year than in the last few years. With interconference play largely done (except ASU, of course), it's going to be hard for any of the Western teams to move up much.

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post

The Pairwise, for a variety of reasons, is more Eastern-centered this year than in the last few years. With interconference play largely done (except ASU, of course), it's going to be hard for any of the Western teams to move up much.
                    Coach Powers took his best guess at playing power schools combined with the logistics of open schedules, just didn't work out. However, in attempting to be objective, if ASU had been able to schedule higher ranked schools they likely would have had a few more losses.

Comment

• One of the biggest things hurting ASU is all the home games. Yeah, it's great for fans, but it's impossible to pick up bonus points for road wins when you rarely leave your home rink.
                      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                      ECAC:
                      HEA: UMass
                      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Coach Powers took his best guess at playing power schools combined with the logistics of open schedules, just didn't work out. However, in attempting to be objective, if ASU had been able to schedule higher ranked schools they likely would have had a few more losses.
                        Even this weekend, I thought Cornell would be higher than #19 in the Pairwise. But a sweep could really move ASU up.

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                          One of the biggest things hurting ASU is all the home games. Yeah, it's great for fans, but it's impossible to pick up bonus points for road wins when you rarely leave your home rink.
                          Yup, A drawback to having great winter weather! (smiley face inserted here)
                          Last edited by Sol Diablo; 01-10-2024, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Dang, 6 penalties each by both teams on 1 play, it got chippy...... ASU vs Lindenwood, Saturday night 3rd period

Comment

• Got real chippy Friday night, numerous ejections & penalties during the last 90 seconds of the 3rd period......

https://youtu.be/b1LOSFR_vTY?si=h8tfeC7cWsWJKv08

Comment

Got real chippy Friday night, numerous ejections & penalties during the last 90 seconds of the 3rd period......

https://youtu.be/b1LOSFR_vTY?si=h8tfeC7cWsWJKv08
                                That was a ****ing embarrassment. Got butthurt they blew the (slim) chances at making the NCAA's and turned into a goon squad.
                                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                                ECAC:
                                HEA: UMass
                                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Working...
                                X