Sun Devil Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

I haven't heard such lately. There was some talk about NCHC but apparently Miami Ohio made a real stink about it. If you know, what conference was rumored?
    I think the logical thing is for the NCHC to take ASU and then give Miami of Ohio a get out of jail free card to leave for the CCHA with no exit fee. There's an awful lot more upside to ASU than Miami of Ohio. In any event, Miami of Ohio is certainly in no position to be dictating terms to the rest of the conference.
    Last edited by Eddie Schorr; 03-15-2023, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Sol, did Carson Briere even play one shift for Arizona State University before being let go (and eventually winding up at Mercyhurst)? I can’t find any evidence that he did, yet press reports make it sound like he did. Just curious as to the truth. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
        Sol, did Carson Briere even play one shift for Arizona State University before being let go (and eventually winding up at Mercyhurst)? I can’t find any evidence that he did, yet press reports make it sound like he did. Just curious as to the truth. Thanks.
        He red shirted a season at ASU
        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
        B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
        CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
        ECAC:
        HEA: UMass
        NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
        Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post

I think the logical thing is for the NCHC to take ASU and then give Miami of Ohio a get out of jail free card to leave for the CCHA with no exit fee. There's an awful lot more upside to ASU than Miami of Ohio. In any event, Miami of Ohio is certainly in no position to be dictating terms to the rest of the conference.
          After digging into Miami more, I don't want them in the CCHA. They are a bunch of crybabies that likely will come in and expect everyone to bow to them and their "wonderful" ideas. While they have a lot on paper to offer a league like the CCHA, they sound like a headache to deal with, and they are a significant geographical outlier for most of the CCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

After digging into Miami more, I don't want them in the CCHA. They are a bunch of crybabies that likely will come in and expect everyone to bow to them and their "wonderful" ideas. While they have a lot on paper to offer a league like the CCHA, they sound like a headache to deal with, and they are a significant geographical outlier for most of the CCHA.
            Tech owes us and Ferris for Augie (we were both "NO!" on every vote and were overruled - the unanimous vote thing was for marketing). And you aren't in the MAC with them (they aren't too bad).

Back to ASU (so as not to completely hijack their thread), did anyone hear anything from Lucia's trip down there? I still have my doubts about them joining but enjoy a good rumor now and then.
            Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 03-16-2023, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post

Right now Mankato's the big fish in a small pond and over night they will be a small fish in a big pond. Why would they want to leave? Is there more money for them by joining?
              I have heard rumblings/rumors again, not sure how "hot" they are, but have heard. And yes, I think Mankato would have a financial gain in the NCHC over the CCHA. With North Dakota, St. Cloud, Duluth and Omaha coming to town, I would guess they could up ticket prices some and still draw at least what they are drawing now.
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

Tech owes us and Ferris for Augie (we were both "NO!" on every vote and were overruled - the unanimous vote thing was for marketing). And you aren't in the MAC with them (they aren't too bad).
                Lol, okay

AHA:
                ECAC:

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Lol, okay
                  Sorry, I should have put a wink emoji in my post.

Comment

• https://www.gophnx.com/2023/03/25/st...ch-greg-powers

Question: It is widely viewed as advantageous to NCAA Tournament hopes to play in a conference, due to the automatic bids or the possibility of earning a bid via conference tournaments. Canisius earned a bid as the No. 41 team in the PairWise rankings by winning the Atlantic Hockey Conference tournament, and No. 25 Colgate earned a bid by winning the ECAC tournament. Is there anything new you can tell Sun Devils fans about the program’s efforts to join a conference and that timeline?

Powers: “Yeah. It’s incredibly promising right now. That’s all I can say.”

AHA:
                    ECAC:

Comment

• Rumors continue.........
                      https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...-arizona-state

Comment

• And even more rumors.......
                        https://letsgodu.com/2023/04/27/miam...ge-1/#comments

Comment

• https://thesundevils.com/news/2023/5...er-development

Comment

• Couple home games announced

https://nmuwildcats.com/sports/mens-...hedule/2023-24

AHA:
                            ECAC:

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                              Saw that. Just left message on Colgate site. Now you have another reason to head to PHX/Tempe in the winter!

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                                Nice! You going?

Comment

Working...
                                X