No announcement yet.

Sun Devil Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks fellas, ended up in section 113 high up $83 per ticket. Any suggestions for pregame bar/restaurant?

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
      Thanks fellas, ended up in section 113 high up $83 per ticket. Any suggestions for pregame bar/restaurant?

Go Eagles!
      Go a few pages back in this thread, likely around late summer/early fall. I listed many high quality, iconic, historical and fun bars/grills/restaurants nearby or in Tempe.

Comment

Thanks fellas, ended up in section 113 high up $83 per ticket. Any suggestions for pregame bar/restaurant?

Go Eagles!
        Found it with a 2 word search........

Great article for reference for anyone traveling to Tempe for a hockey game. I would add:
        The Coach House (bar) for an overwhelming sensory overload when the Christmas lights are up,
        Los Olivos for arguably the best Mexican food in Scottsdale & has been there since the 1940's, just a block from Old Town
        Rusty Spur - a ritzy dive bar with live music in Old Town.

https://www.gophnx.com/2022/06/09/a-...ale-offerings/

Comment

Go Eagles!
          Ghost Ranch in @Sol's article is my new favorite restaurant anywhere.
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass
          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Go Eagles!
            Well ... reviews?

AHA:
            ECAC:

Comment

• The History of Hockey in Arizona Part 1 - from the start of the Anthropocene to Now........

https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2023/...and-community/

I used to go to the AZ Coliseum to watch the Roadrunners back in the late '60's with my much older cousins, they would sneak me beers, only 1 public ice rink in town at the old Thomas Mall, Phoenix population was 300,000 +/- back then.

Comment

• So, the NCHC's gimp feels it has the right to dictate terms to the rest of the conference and blackball ASU. It would be funny if it weren't so indicative of that place's culture.

https://letsgodu.com/2023/01/18/miam...te-membership/

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
                  So, the NCHC's gimp feels it has the right to dictate terms to the rest of the conference and blackball ASU. It would be funny if it weren't so indicative of that place's culture.

https://letsgodu.com/2023/01/18/miam...te-membership/
                  Maybe Miami doesn't have the money to pay their share of getting ASU to join NCHC??? wink Maybe it doesn't work for their travel budget. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors....

Comment

• Sol Diablo what's the deal with knowing when ASU games are on the Roku/Pac12 free TV channel like when they played Minnesota? Are any of their other streaming options on Roku? I have Flo & ESPN+ & like to flip around between games, but tend to skip ASU since I'm not gonna watch on my phone...

AHA:
                    ECAC:

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                      Sol Diablo what's the deal with knowing when ASU games are on the Roku/Pac12 free TV channel like when they played Minnesota? Are any of their other streaming options on Roku? I have Flo & ESPN+ & like to flip around between games, but tend to skip ASU since I'm not gonna watch on my phone...
                      The only games I've been able to watch on TV are either on the PAC12 Network (subscription from various cable vendors) or on ASU Live Stream. There I use either my Amazon Firestick to access DISH as they carry PAC12 Network, access DISH directly & PAC 12 Network, or connect my computer to the TV & stream from it, or cast from my phone to the TV.

I go to https://thesundevils.com/sports/mens...hedule/2022-23
                      then to the game that's being shown on that date & time, click on watch to get the video.

I just got a Roku TV so I'll have to see if I can get to the game tonight through ROKU without using a Firestick or anything else. I'll let you know.......

Comment

Sol Diablo what's the deal with knowing when ASU games are on the Roku/Pac12 free TV channel like when they played Minnesota? Are any of their other streaming options on Roku? I have Flo & ESPN+ & like to flip around between games, but tend to skip ASU since I'm not gonna watch on my phone...
                        Here is what I do to watch on a TV. I use my old laptop to find the game and get it playing on there. then I plug an adapter into the thunderbolt port and then into the HDMI 3 input port on the tv. Select that HDMI 3 with the remote. voila. No Roku needed. I use Roku for all the others.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

Here is what I do to watch on a TV. I use my old laptop to find the game and get it playing on there. then I plug an adapter into the thunderbolt port and then into the HDMI 3 input port on the tv. Select that HDMI 3 with the remote. voila. No Roku needed. I use Roku for all the others.
                          So, tonight's game is one of the ones on Roku. On the "Live TV" channel, the Pac12 Network is one if the options (I has assumed this was simply for if you had an antenna hooked up & I don't get over the air where I live), and Channel 235. They had the ASU/Minnesota game. None since, however, and most Friday/Saturdays they had basketball replays (which they have tomorrow night). Tonight, however, it lists ASU/UST hockey. I'm just trying to see if there's any rhyme or reason to what they pick to put on there.

AHA:
                          ECAC:

Comment

So, tonight's game is one of the ones on Roku. On the "Live TV" channel, the Pac12 Network is one if the options (I has assumed this was simply for if you had an antenna hooked up & I don't get over the air where I live), and Channel 235. They had the ASU/Minnesota game. None since, however, and most Friday/Saturdays they had basketball replays (which they have tomorrow night). Tonight, however, it lists ASU/UST hockey. I'm just trying to see if there's any rhyme or reason to what they pick to put on there.
                            I am also watching it on Roku, channel 235. But I can also watch it on the PAC12 app that I loaded onto my Firestick by casting it from my phone PAC12 app. But it's not on any of the PAC12 Network channels I get with my DISH provider/subscription.
                            As far as I know, both the PAC12 phone app & the computer connection works because I'm a DISH customer as I have to log into it thru my DISH I.D. & password.
                            I'll ask my grandkids why it works this way!

Comment

• Good to see the progress. Arizona high school hockey championship.
                              https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...p/69864319007/

Comment

• No conference news yet, just lots of talk.............
                                https://www.therinklive.com/mens-col...urdle-to-clear

Comment

Working...
                                X