• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

It's really not.
    Why not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

Why not?
      Because the video does not make it clear it was a slash. Only thing "clear" about it is the puck hits ASU and goes into the net.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Because the video does not make it clear it was a slash. Only thing "clear" about it is the puck hits ASU and goes into the net.
        Have to disagree, video is clear, it is either a slash or high sticking. No reason to believe the ASU player would throw the puck into the net. Look up Ockham's razor.

Comment

• I sympathize with ASU here. We've been to Denver and had this kind of thing happen more than once, And it does happen around college hockey a lot as well. Mankato went to PC a few years ago and was really upset by how things went. However, I don't think any of these videos were conclusive and taken as a whole they were not conclusive either. Not that that makes anyone feel any better.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            I sympathize with ASU here. We've been to Denver and had this kind of thing happen more than once, And it does happen around college hockey a lot as well. Mankato went to PC a few years ago and was really upset by how things went. However, I don't think any of these videos were conclusive and taken as a whole they were not conclusive either. Not that that makes anyone feel any better.
            Maybe I'm confusing NCAA rules with NHL rules. But if a player makes a motion in close proximity to opposing player, with stick above shoulders, even if they don't hit the player it is high sticking. But video shows to me the ASU players arm/hand jerking at the same time as the stick being there, evidence of contact. But its history, just irritating that it could have cost the game. Would be different if they weren't tied immediately prior to that, and only 2+ minutes left in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

Maybe I'm confusing NCAA rules with NHL rules. But if a player makes a motion in close proximity to opposing player, with stick above shoulders, even if they don't hit the player it is high sticking. But video shows to me the ASU players arm/hand jerking at the same time as the stick being there, evidence of contact. But its history, just irritating that it could have cost the game. Would be different if they weren't tied immediately prior to that, and only 2+ minutes left in the game.
              Unfortunately for ASU, if it was indeed high sticking or slashing (and I think it was one or the other and I have seen a couple of views that I don't think were shown on the broadcast) the fact that the minor wasn't called meant that the only thing the officials could look at is whether it went off the glove. Replay can't result in a minor, only a major. I think the rule should be like too many men: it would disallow the goal but not result in a minor penalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post

Unfortunately for ASU, if it was indeed high sticking or slashing (and I think it was one or the other and I have seen a couple of views that I don't think were shown on the broadcast) the fact that the minor wasn't called meant that the only thing the officials could look at is whether it went off the glove. Replay can't result in a minor, only a major. I think the rule should be like too many men: it would disallow the goal but not result in a minor penalty.
                Now it comes out that the goal was called off by the referee because he thought it was high sticking. But he (forgot?) never followed through with the signal.......what a crock. Next contract we need to provide the referees.

Comment

• Why does the NHL believe the ice is so good at Mullett Arena? The answer is:

https://www.gophnx.com/2022/12/09/wh...mullett-arena/

Comment

• Tickets easy to get at ASU ?

I am thinking of getting tickets when they play BC end of December
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      Tickets easy to get at ASU ?

Lol, no. A quick look at Ticketmaster shows only resale (i.e., it's sold out) and the cheapest for either night is $73 per seat.
                      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                      ECAC:
                      HEA: UMass
                      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                        Tickets easy to get at ASU ?

Moose is correct, unfortunately tickets are not cheap relative to many/most college venues. But if you're willing to pay the price they can be had.

Comment

• Very unreliable sources told me a Bruins fan tried to throw a mullet onto the ice at Mullett Arena.

https://youtu.be/3bgWJXLr2zI

Then gave the finger to the Coyotes fan so he took it!

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston...izona-coyotes/

Comment

• Any recommendations on buying tickets to the BC game Friday night? Prices seem insanely high. Do you recommend SRO tickets? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                              Any recommendations on buying tickets to the BC game Friday night? Prices seem insanely high. Do you recommend SRO tickets? Thanks
                              Every game has "insanely" high ticket prices. I'll give ASU credit. This is one of the few times I've seen a team go from a small barn into a bigger building & maintain the raucous atmosphere. We'll see if it maintains, especially since making the NCAA'S seems doubtful this year.

As to SRO, there shouldn't be many students around so you may be able to sneak into the student section to sit. No guarantees though.
                              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                              ECAC:
                              HEA: UMass
                              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                                Any recommendations on buying tickets to the BC game Friday night? Prices seem insanely high. Do you recommend SRO tickets? Thanks
                                Moose nailed it concerning SRO, Worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X