No announcement yet.

Sun Devil Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha! That’s right. Two 5 - 1 losses. Clearly I blocked it out. Thanks.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Coyotes tix sales site shows pricing went up about 10x upon the move from Gila River to the ASU arena. Will be interesting to see how this plays out......

Comment

• New arena opening ahead of schedule................https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...s/10184433002/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
          New arena opening ahead of schedule................https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...s/10184433002/
          ASU is aware that on campus regionals aren't currently allowed, right?
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass
          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post

ASU is aware that on campus regionals aren't currently allowed, right?
            I haven't heard directly but I assume administration is aware of such........and also are preparing for a potential future change if such were to occur. But then who knows if a 5000 seat arena will be acceptable at that point......

Comment

I haven't heard directly but I assume administration is aware of such........and also are preparing for a potential future change if such were to occur. But then who knows if a 5000 seat arena will be acceptable at that point......
              Just seems like an odd point to emphasize. It is the finance guy, so I guess we can forgive him for not knowing all the details of hosting. Probably heard it somewhere along the way and decided it was a good talking point.

AHA:
              ECAC:

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Just seems like an odd point to emphasize. It is the finance guy, so I guess we can forgive him for not knowing all the details of hosting. Probably heard it somewhere along the way and decided it was a good talking point.
                He could be a wannabe marketer.........being financial guys are typically conservative in statements..........or maybe he got his bachelors in marketing???

Comment

• iHeartMedia Phoenix Announces National Broadcast Agreement With Arizona State University Hockey

https://thesundevils.com/news/2022/8...ty-hockey.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                    Moose97,
                    Single game tickets for the 2022-23 season will become available one month prior to the start of the season. For more information about joining the season ticket holder family, or questions about single game tickets, please call (480) 965-5812 to speak with a Sun Devil Ticket Sales Representative.
                    I called today to ask if "one month" was one month before the first game (on the road & would be tickets going on sale next Thursday) or first hone game. The person I spoke with said they don't have a set date for single game tickets yet. Probably a couple weeks still.

AHA:
                    ECAC:

Comment

• Moose, I did the same a couple of weeks ago. That person said to mark my calendar for Thursday, September 15, for the October 14-15 Colgate (grand opening) series. I know it will be tough as both games will likely be instant sell-outs, but I already have flights and hotel booked.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                        Moose, I did the same a couple of weeks ago. That person said to mark my calendar for Thursday, September 15, for the October 14-15 Colgate (grand opening) series. I know it will be tough as both games will likely be instant sell-outs, but I already have flights and hotel booked.
                        Good info. We're looking at going out in November for the UAA series...

AHA:
                        ECAC:

Comment

• The arena has a new name:

https://thesundevils.com/news/2022/8...ose-arena.aspx

Ok, now let the memes begin.........

Comment

The arena has a new name:

https://thesundevils.com/news/2022/8...ose-arena.aspx

Ok, now let the memes begin.........
                            LOL....can't think of a more apropos name for a hockey arena :-)
                            UNH

Comment

• The jokes in replies to posts about this have been golden:
                              • Sun Devils in front, Coyotes in the back
                              • The concession stand will be known for its amazing salad
                              • etc
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Captain & assistant captains announced, not much surprise.......Doan, Semik, Koumontzis.

https://thesundevils.com/news/2022/8...ons-the-c.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X