Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Frozen Four: UMD, UMASS, SCSU & MSUM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post

Only one of the #1 seeds lost in a close manner of their elimination game. And that was to the two time defending National Champion.

So you have UMD (solid 3rd in the toughest conference in hockey and again, championship pedigree), SCSU (runner up in regular season and tourney in the toughest conference in hockey), Mankato (winners of 4 straight WCHA regular season championships) and UMass (runner up in HE regular season and HE tourney champion).

These aren’t #4 seeds getting “hot/lucky” at the right time. These are 4 deserving teams.
    Agree with that. But even if a #4 seed (or #16 for that matter) made it this far, so what if they got hot or lucky? In the tournament, it's win and advance. The best team over the course of a full season can lose to the better team on that night.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Agree with that. But even if a #4 seed (or #16 for that matter) made it this far, so what if they got hot or lucky? In the tournament, it's win and advance. The best team over the course of a full season can lose to the better team on that night.
      That’s just one of the things I love about hockey. A hot goalie can ruin an otherwise great season for one of the top teams during the regular season. Ya just never knowv
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Going out on a limb, using my completely valid reasoning, and picking SCSU to win it all. Why? They’re the only team out of the four without an M in their name.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post

That’s just one of the things I love about hockey. A hot goalie can ruin an otherwise great season for one of the top teams during the regular season. Ya just never knowv
          Jon Casey : mad :
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Going out on a limb, using my completely valid reasoning, and picking SCSU to win it all. Why? They’re the only team out of the four without an M in their name.
            Excuse you... how dare you..

AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Love it. I’m going with that.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Just saying it’s one thing if they got hot/lucky, it’s still a championship but there’s the doubt they are the best team. Shouldn’t be the case this year with the four that are left.

Comment

UMass loses leading goal scorer and starting goaltender to covid protocols, as well as two other players. Too bad. Affected players might be available for final if they somehow beat UMD.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post

Just saying it’s one thing if they got hot/lucky, it’s still a championship but there’s the doubt they are the best team. Shouldn’t be the case this year with the four that are left.
                    The best team doesn't always win. On any given night, the better team usually wins.

Duluth is IMO the best team of the four. But that doesn't mean they will be better than UMass tonight.

Comment

Barry Melrose, why does ESPN put him on theses broadcasts? Buccigross is pretty good, Barry can’t even be bothered to learn names.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Good game- I picked it up midway through the 2nd when it was 3-1 SCSU, and now the period ends 3-3.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                          Good game- I picked it up midway through the 2nd when it was 3-1 SCSU, and now the period ends 3-3.
                          getting better- MSU gets a go ahead, and SCSU ties it up. Just over halfway though the 3rd.

Comment

This 3rd period has been fantastic!

Go Mavs!

Comment

What an ending- MSU was putting some solid pressure on, but SCSU just shot the puck, and got the tip with less than a min left.

Wow. Heck of a game.

Comment

I am absolutely buzzing right now!
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X