Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Frozen Four: UMD, UMASS, SCSU & MSUM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Frozen Four: UMD, UMASS, SCSU & MSUM.

Thursday April 8th

Minnesota State vs St. Cloud State 4pm CST

Minnesota Duluth vs. Massachusetts 7pm CST

Discuss.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

If you'd have told people that the 2021 Frozen Four would have three Minnesota schools, but none of them would be the Gophers, do you think anyone would have believed you?
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Acceptance rates:
      St. Cloud 90%
      Minn Duluth 75%
      UMass 64%
      Minn St 63%

Graduation rates:
      St. Cloud 46%
      Minn Duluth 60%
      UMass 76%
      Minn St 52%

Comment

I know that 95% of this is fueled by my rage and disgust at what I’ve been following for the last 10 years, but…

I absolutely wish Bemidji had beat UMass. I like what UMass is doing, I think Carvel is one of the best coaches in the game right now, but it would be too delicious for words if there was an all-Minnesota Frozen Four without the Gophers in it.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

From what I have seen of these teams, goals are going to be very hard to come by in this FF and it really wouldn't surprise me if any of the four won it all. Despite there not being a #1 seed present (not that that even matters), this is a very good FF field.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            I know that 95% of this is fueled by my rage and disgust at what I’ve been following for the last 10 years, but…

I absolutely wish Bemidji had beat UMass. I like what UMass is doing, I think Carvel is one of the best coaches in the game right now, but it would be too delicious for words if there was an all-Minnesota Frozen Four without the Gophers in it.
            It would have been an all Northern Sun Conference frozen four.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Having 3 without MN there is delicious. 4 would’ve been simply perfect.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                If you'd have told people that the 2021 Frozen Four would have three Minnesota schools, but none of them would be the Gophers, do you think anyone would have believed you?
                Nobody would have believed it, especially when you add in the struggles of Mankato and SCSU in the NCAA's. Obviously UMD has proven themselves over the years in the postseason as well as regular season. That is one solid program. But due to the lack of success in the postseason, Mankato and SCSU have been overlooked for how good those two programs have become.

The Gophers have a ton of talented players but their struggle is playing as a team, especially against guys who probably have a bit of chip on their shoulder because they are not talked about on the same level in the Minnesota hockey community.

I think Bemidji ran into the toughest team from the East in UMass. Both they and BC would be right in the mix at the top of the NCHC if they were in the conference.

Really think anyone can win this thing but I'd give the edge to UMD because they've shown time and time again they know how to win on the biggest stage.

Comment

Having three Minnesota schools is unique, but not completely unprecedented, and given the number of Michigan and Massachusetts programs, something that is certainly possible again.

I think the better thing about this FF is the fact that three of the programs have a chance to win their first Div-1 title. That's always kind of exciting, and good for the game.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Just watched the Brodzinski injury again. It seems like bad ice as much as anything. Is the NCAA going to address substandard ice conditions before next year?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Having three Minnesota schools is unique, but not completely unprecedented, and given the number of Michigan and Massachusetts programs, something that is certainly possible again.

I think the better thing about this FF is the fact that three of the programs have a chance to win their first Div-1 title. That's always kind of exciting, and good for the game.
                      In 2007 there were 3 Michigan teams in the Frozen Four
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post

In 2007 there were 3 Michigan teams in the Frozen Four
                        Crazy. I didn't realize how big Michigan was. ; )

Unless by 2007 you meant 1992.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I had all the #1 seeds heading to Pittsburgh (even though that rarely happens). The beauty of single elimination is any of the 16 teams can get hot (lucky) and win the National Championship.

Comment

At this point I feel like MSU is playing with house money. Got its first win. Beat the gophers and beat them soundly. That game finally showed college hockey fans what MSU can do. We've screamed it from the roof tops but our failures in NCAA had created doubts about the wcha and our program (rightfully so)
                            ​​​​​​MSU can beat SCSU but this year with lack of non conference I have the give the edge to both UMD SCSU just because top to bottom they have played tougher teams all year. We have no metric to know how good these teams are without common opponents and how they respond to different styles of play. Oddly it actually makes this frozen four more interesting and the ncaa tourney as a whole.

All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MN Magic View Post
                              I had all the #1 seeds heading to Pittsburgh (even though that rarely happens). The beauty of single elimination is any of the 16 teams can get hot (lucky) and win the National Championship.
                              Only one of the #1 seeds lost in a close manner of their elimination game. And that was to the two time defending National Champion.

So you have UMD (solid 3rd in the toughest conference in hockey and again, championship pedigree), SCSU (runner up in regular season and tourney in the toughest conference in hockey), Mankato (winners of 4 straight WCHA regular season championships) and UMass (runner up in HE regular season and HE tourney champion).

These aren’t #4 seeds getting “hot/lucky” at the right time. These are 4 deserving teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X