Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Frozen Four: UMD, UMASS, SCSU & MSUM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    Interesting that there are some real snoozers spattered among the close games in the final. Like Union over Minny 7-4, or BC 5-0 over Wisco, or ND over QU 5-1. This happens every once in a while.
    Overall, though, college hockey has had some great title games. By the way, I wouldn't call Union-Minn a snoozer. That was a 5-4 game with three minutes left, and Gostisbehere had to dive to break up a 2-on-1 that could have tied it.

Comment

I've watched Philip Lagunov his whole college career, and no offense to him, but I swear he must have been possessed by Cale Makar on that goal.
      #NewMass

Comment

Interesting statistic...and maybe a little dose of hope for the teams that missed out this season:

Of the 73 National Champions in our Sport:
        - 21 (~29%) played for the National Championship in the previous NCAA Tournament (including the last 3)
        - 32 (~44%) played in the Frozen Four in the previous NCAA Tournament (including the last 5)
        - 45 (~62%) played in the previous NCAA Tournament (including the last 7)
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Congrats to UMass. Very deserved victory. Made us pay for every mistake and there were too many of them.

As soon as we hit the pipe in the first minute or so I had a bad feeling.

Again, congrats on the title!

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
            It kinda bugged me that Barry Melrose and the other commentators kept saying that UMass was playing without their starting goalie due to Covid protocols. Lindberg and Murray have been 1A and 1B for the last 3 years. Lindberg played ONE game more than Murray before yesterday.

Lindberg’s numbers are better this season, but I’d go with Murray tomorrow - he won last night’s game. It’s Lindberg’s team next season.
            Just randomly came to this thread and this was the post I was on — Lindberg must’ve read it too!
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
            X