LSSU Lakers 2021 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    LSSU has approved the funding for major improvements to their streaming video service. The reported $175,000 will upgrade cameras, switcher, graphics, and other equipment. All should be in place for the start of the 2021-22 season.
    Thanks JJM. Good to hear.

Comment

Lake State has their new AD. He's the son of a prominent Detroit TV sportscaster from back in the day. https://www.lssu.edu/news/lake-super...etic-director/

Comment

Lake State has their new AD. He's the son of a prominent Detroit TV sportscaster from back in the day. https://www.lssu.edu/news/lake-super...etic-director/
        Let’s hope he’s as hockey friendly as Dave Paitson was!
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Mike York and Zack Cisek have both been promoted:

https://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-...20210723ek36to

Comment

LSSU has approved the funding for major improvements to their streaming video service. The reported $175,000 will upgrade cameras, switcher, graphics, and other equipment. All should be in place for the start of the 2021-22 season.
            That's great news. The Lakers feed, while not bad overall, wasn't as clear as some others and they had some audio problems at times. It's nice to hear they are upgrading it and making it even better. I wonder if a new scoreboard will eventually be in place that will be capable of showing those new graphics and highlights.

Comment

2021-22 Roster has been posted. I see we've picked up a transfer from BC.

https://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-...2021-22/roster

Comment

Team captains have been announced:

https://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-...20210825mcublr

Comment

Hockey tickets are now available at the Lakers web site.

Comment

I wonder if Covid vaccinations for fans will be required to go to games?
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      I wonder if Covid vaccinations for fans will be required to go to games?
                      It shouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

It shouldn't be.
                        I agree but with the numbers skyrocketing and Biden putting pressure on sports arenas to mandate people being vaccinated to enter, I could see the NCAA mandating fans vaccinated at all arenas
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post

I agree but with the numbers skyrocketing and Biden putting pressure on sports arenas to mandate people being vaccinated to enter, I could see the NCAA mandating fans vaccinated at all arenas
                          With a Democratic administration in DC, a Democratic governor here in Michigan, and most colleges/universities (especially public ones) being fairly liberal, a mandate wouldn't be terribly surprising. Disappointing and unnecessary, but not surprising.

Comment

I haven't been paying close attention, but for sure the banner is being raised Saturday, October 16 vs. St. Thomas, right? Not Friday? And fans are allowed, right? I'm trying to make some travel plans, and if it really is Saturday I think I could actually be there for it.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                              I haven't been paying close attention, but for sure the banner is being raised Saturday, October 16 vs. St. Thomas, right? Not Friday? And fans are allowed, right? I'm trying to make some travel plans, and if it really is Saturday I think I could actually be there for it.
                              Yes, according to the Alumni Association the banner will be raised at the Saturday game. Ticket sales are underway so fans will be allowed (unless something changes in the next few weeks). I've made my travel plans and have tickets so I'm all set.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

Yes, according to the Alumni Association the banner will be raised at the Saturday game. Ticket sales are underway so fans will be allowed (unless something changes in the next few weeks). I've made my travel plans and have tickets so I'm all set.
                                Thanks, Bill!

Comment

Working...
                                X