Frozen 4 Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen 4 Question?

Obviously if four teams make it to Pittsburgh they will play semis and championship game as scheduled. My question is will or can the NCAA adjust to three teams (round robin) or two teams (playing a 2 out of 3 series)?

I think they are sticking with the "no contest" result regardless of what round it is but if they do that in FF/title game when all the teams are in one location and they refuse to be flexible and figure something out...the tournament organizers should all be fired. It's different in a round of 16 when you have 4 regional sites. Beyond that, be flexible and let the teams play.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I think they are sticking with the "no contest" result regardless of what round it is but if they do that in FF/title game when all the teams are in one location and they refuse to be flexible and figure something out...the tournament organizers should all be fired. It's different in a round of 16 when you have 4 regional sites. Beyond that, be flexible and let the teams play.
      If you lose, you do not stick around. The NCAA gives you so much time to get your things together and the get to the charter provided by them. If a team wants to stuck around, it all becomes their expense.

So, the two teams that lose in the semis would most likely be out of town by the time a positive COVID test comes back for the title game.
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

If you lose, you do not stick around. The NCAA gives you so much time to get your things together and the get to the charter provided by them. If a team wants to stuck around, it all becomes their expense.

So, the two teams that lose in the semis would most likely be out of town by the time a positive COVID test comes back for the title game.
        I'm not sure what you mean here. I was assuming he meant what should happen if one of the teams has a COVID issue before the semis or before the championship game.

Comment

Yes I was assuming if there was a Covid issue with the four teams before the Frozen 4. I would hope the NCAA would make the proper adjustments.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean here. I was assuming he meant what should happen if one of the teams has a COVID issue before the semis or before the championship game.
            Sorry, I took as if it was happening between the semis and the final.
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by MN Magic View Post
              Yes I was assuming if there was a Covid issue with the four teams before the Frozen 4. I would hope the NCAA would make the proper adjustments.
              Not happening. For a myriad of reasons.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Depends. First to North Dakota-UMD game has to end. We're heading into the 5th OT.....

Comment

They won't and should not make any adjustments.

Comment

Ya, can't wait for the no contest national title game. That will be awesome.

Comment

Ya, can't wait for the no contest national title game. That will be awesome.
                      Maybe that will make people act responsibly? Naaaahhh, trump supporters didn't go to college much less follow college sports (with the exception of football/bouncyball)

Comment

Who didn't act responsibly that led to SLU, ND and Michigan bowing it? Or were you just itching to get a Trump joke in?

Comment

Or Deer in the headlights look, like Biden Press Conference. Wow he is terrible, the man looks down at his notes more than anyone else.
                          UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Well this thread quickly became a dumpster fire.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              Well this thread quickly became a dumpster fire.
                              It's too bad, I thought the initial post was a legitimate question!

Comment

Working...
                              X