UNH 2021 Off-Season Thread: Finally!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Oh please ... give it a rest, Darius. Survival rates for students are 99.99+%, and unless you're over 80, you'll probably live. And if you're over 80, something is likely going to catch up with you soon anyway. Most of the fatalities are still from folks in assisted living scenarios, and the average life expectancy for folks going into assisted living is around 18 months - look it up.

Students going to games are more likely to be killed in a freak Zamboni accident. Personally, I'm done with the obedience masks. If you like 'em, use 'em. The B's had a full house in the playoffs with the Islanders and somehow that didn't turn into the vaunted "superspreader" event.

FWIW I've gotten the shots as of last Spring, but if someone has decided not to get the shot(s), I have no issue with them in the least. The guy currently trying to peddle them (forcefully recently) told folks less than a year ago that he didn't trust the vaccines (or anything else) his predecessor was behind. It's pretty rich that now he's pushing them and he's "losing his patience". What a clueless tool.

Karma is a *****, and yeah some of us people remember what Mr. Magoo said, even if he doesn't ...

EBTD
    Buckle up. I'm hearing more mandates are on the way from the Great Uniter!

FWIW I'm fully vaxxed also and could give rats arse if people choose not to.
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• An interesting fact for those who are ultra concerned about Covid amongst the youth and early 20's of NH. This IS relevant to the hockey topic at hand with the age range represented covering the ages of UNH's team. The information is per the CDC's own data for NH from Jan 1st, 2020 thru Sept 4th 2021, not mine.

If you are a male under the age of 24, you have the same chance of becoming PREGNANT as you do of death by Covid. Both of these would be 0.0000000%. There hasn’t been a single covid death of ANYONE, male or female in NH since the start of this pandemic. Zero is zero is zero. Unless you round up, and then it is still ZERO.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DELTA VARIANT! A$S&@# ? You just don’t care about the kids and the danger you p!$$ants place them in!!

Thank you for asking - another interesting tidbit. A male under the age of 24 has the same chance of dying in a DELTA Chi hazing accident in NH than he does of Covid. Yes, that would be a big, fat ZERO (0) for both of those as well.

Maybe the real question you should be asking is how during the same time period above did 302 "Utes" in the 0-24 age group (M+F) perish from "other" causes. I don’t know what those are specifically, but I am sure drug overdoses, suicides and car accidents would be among them. Where is the outrage, fear and hand wringing over those Preventable tragedies? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post
        An interesting fact for those who are ultra concerned about Covid amongst the youth and early 20's of NH. This IS relevant to the hockey topic at hand with the age range represented covering the ages of UNH's team. The information is per the CDC's own data for NH from Jan 1st, 2020 thru Sept 4th 2021, not mine.

If you are a male under the age of 24, you have the same chance of becoming PREGNANT as you do of death by Covid. Both of these would be 0.0000000%. There hasn’t been a single covid death of ANYONE, male or female in NH since the start of this pandemic. Zero is zero is zero. Unless you round up, and then it is still ZERO.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DELTA VARIANT! A$S&@# ? You just don’t care about the kids and the danger you p!$$ants place them in!!

Thank you for asking - another interesting tidbit. A male under the age of 24 has the same chance of dying in a DELTA Chi hazing accident in NH than he does of Covid. Yes, that would be a big, fat ZERO (0) for both of those as well.

Maybe the real question you should be asking is how during the same time period above did 302 "Utes" in the 0-24 age group (M+F) perish from "other" causes. I don’t know what those are specifically, but I am sure drug overdoses, suicides and car accidents would be among them. Where is the outrage, fear and hand wringing over those Preventable tragedies? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
        Oh but Whalers, you can get a really nasty headache, suffer from nausea, runny nose, etc.

In short, it's pretty much like a hangover, which I'm sure no UNH students have ever had ...
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

In short, it's pretty much like a hangover, which I'm sure no UNH students have ever had ...
          :-) :-) No, Never!

Unfortunately for UNH fans, the Umile hangover continues to pound inside OUR heads, but not so much inside the Admins. At some point, time they sober up and take a second look. Maybe last nights pickup isnt the Solid and Hot 9 or 10 like your long time "friend" described, and is more like a nice personality 5 when the lights come on. Maybe they need a higher wattage LED to truly see the reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post
            :-) :-) No, Never!

Unfortunately for UNH fans, the Umile hangover continues to pound inside OUR heads, but not so much inside the Admins. At some point, time they sober up and take a second look. Maybe last nights pickup isnt the Solid and Hot 9 or 10 like your long time "friend" described, and is more like a nice personality 5 when the lights come on. Maybe they need a higher wattage LED to truly see the reality.
            Well, now that you've "gone there", I guess it's fair to point out MS7 has always been described as someone who had/has a nice personality. And per Leo "The Lip" Durocher ... "Nice guys finish last".

Who knew one of baseball's most infamous managers (RIP) was also a Hockey East pundit?

While on the RIP topic, Fred Stanfield (#17 Big Bad B's) won't be coming down for breakfast ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
              We bought our tickets and we're going.....we're both vaxed and if we have to wear a mask, so be it. My wife has had some health challenges this past year and is likely going to be wearing a mask anyway, regardless of any UNH guidance.
              Same here Scott! If they want masks, I'll wear one. I just wanna watch some live hockey in my first year of freedom!
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Same here Scott! If they want masks, I'll wear one. I just wanna watch some live hockey in my first year of freedom!
                Congrats on your retirement, HR. Looks like you picked a good time to get out.

Comment

Congrats on your retirement, HR. Looks like you picked a good time to get out.
                  Thanks Chuck...the last couple of years have been hard (at least for me) as a high school teacher. I prob was going to do one/two more but nope, 41 is enough! I'm enjoying my Fall; bought an e bike and have been cruising around. Love riding past the school ha! Am teaching part time for VLACS (I did that last year as well) so it's a great fit. Looking forward to hitting the 'Whitt but due to a camping trip am going to miss the opener. Trying to convince hubby that we could drive down from North Conway for Saturday's game....hehehe Hard to believe it's our 9th season!!! Hope to see you around the rink as they say...

Comment

Well, that's two of us on here, so far. Three of my UNH Hockey friends (who see more games than I have in recent seasons) have told me the same. Looks like UNH is determined to kill its hockey program one way or another ... if they don't care, I guess that begs the question, why should we?
                    I haven't pulled the trigger on season tickets for the same reason. If masks are required, I'm out. At this point it looks like I'll probably just pass. Not like there will be any problem walking up and buying tickets on game day, assuming Dictator Dean doesn't go the mask route, unlikely as that is.

Side note - looks like men's soccer is now a bigger drawn than hockey!
                    Last edited by d.gerry; 09-17-2021, 03:21 PM. Reason: typo
                    GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                      Side note - looks like men's soccer is now a bigger drawn then hockey!
                      Coach Hubbard was quoted in the UL this week that UNH Men's Soccer is hunting for a D-1 NC.

Remember when Hockey (and even D-2 Football) could at least say that with a straight face?

Exciting times, when you have a coach who knows what he's doing, and ain't afraid to aim high ...

Comment

• So Patrick Sharp is working with those other 'Cats this season?

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          So Patrick Sharp is working with those other 'Cats this season?
                          Is Babcock still working up there as a volunteer assistant, HR?

Vaguely remember Sharp playing at The Whitt with a crappy UVM team, don't remember him standing out at that level, but he was still pretty young and was out of there after only two seasons. Never foresaw his (very productive) NHL career, much less the post-career involvement in media. He won't turn 40 for a couple of months now, the world is his oyster, apparently.

Better career overall than JvR IMO, not bad for a 3rd round pick ...

Comment

Coach Hubbard was quoted in the UL this week that UNH Men's Soccer is hunting for a D-1 NC.

Remember when Hockey (and even D-2 Football) could at least say that with a straight face?

Exciting times, when you have a coach who knows what he's doing, and ain't afraid to aim high ...
                            125 to 1 odds

Last edited by NCAA watcher; 09-18-2021, 02:19 PM.
                            The Souza record:
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place
                            22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                              125 to 1 odds

Do you have the top half - very curious to see the odds for all of the teams.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/JessRMyers/statu...01285174415362
                                The Souza record:
                                15-16 10th place
                                16-17 10th place
                                17-18 11th place
                                18-19 8th place
                                19-20 9th place
                                20-21 10th place
                                21-22 9th place
                                22-23 10th place

Comment

Working...
                                X