No announcement yet.

UNH 2021 Off-Season Thread: Finally!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Josh, great to see you here, long time no see indeed!

Sorry, can't help you on that, didn't go to that one. Hope you can catch lightning in a bottle on the ticket, sounds like it would make for a nice presentation. As you may have noticed, most of the old timers don't congregate here any more, even Greg gave it up at some point during the pandemic, and I thought he would be the last guy out of here, turning out the lights, etc.

That game was arguably UNH's last stand on the national stage, good luck finding the ticket!
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gibber View Post
      Good evening folks, long time!
      Longshot but I’m wondering if anyone has a ticket stub from the 2009 NCAA regional win over NoDak. I’m working on a framed piece with a photo I took of the celly from the game tying goal signed by Fortney and JVR and was hoping to include a ticket with it… I’d happily trade a print of that image (I can’t seem to upload it from my phone) if anyone would be willing…
      I hope everyone is well!
      I went to the game the day after as a neutral and would certainly give you that ticket stub if you strike out trying to find a ticket stub for the game you’re looking for. I don’t think many people would know the difference.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Hey Josh, great to see you here, long time no see indeed!

Sorry, can't help you on that, didn't go to that one. Hope you can catch lightning in a bottle on the ticket, sounds like it would make for a nice presentation. As you may have noticed, most of the old timers don't congregate here any more, even Greg gave it up at some point during the pandemic, and I thought he would be the last guy out of here, turning out the lights, etc.

That game was arguably UNH's last stand on the national stage, good luck finding the ticket!
        Bump!

I will argue that the Cats upset 6-2 win over Cornell at the East Regionals in Albany the following year was our last stand, before the debacle of a 6-2 loss to RIT the next night that precluded a trip to the FF. Butler, LeBlanc, and Foster were seniors.

Good luck finding a ticket stub for the NoDak win, Josh; I watched those games on TV, despite the proximity of Manchvegas.

Comment

• Back to non-college hockey ... two of my four divisional picks made it to the semis (TBL and VGK), and those two will remain my picks to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, despite the Bolts losing Game One (with Vegas swamping the Habs last night). I'm still rooting for the Islanders (if not picking them), and although I thought I was going to be rooting for the underdog Habs I find myself now rooting for Vegas. I hadn't paid too much attention to their home games in the past, probably because they start so late, but the vibe out of that arena is crazy fun. Didn't realize their "victory song" was Elvis Presley's "Viva Las Vegas" which made me smile the first time I heard it. And I'm not an Elvis fan BTW. The presentation is just over-the-top fun, which I suppose is quite fitting!

Anyway ... I'll pick Tampa Bay in six over the Islanders (but rooting for the Islanders), and I'll pick the Knights in five over the Habs (Viva Las Vegas too). Knights over Bolts in six in the SCF.

Comment

• Bold initiative from UNH's erstwhile Sub AD, to ensure that no coach earning $400K plus will have to put "DNQ" on his or her resume. Now they can all be secure in knowing that whetever the team did the prior 34 games, they may win a game with a lucky bounce.

Thankfully HE hired someone who isn't just looking out for the top 4 teams, but bringing the perspective and institutional knowledge of "how can we stay in our jobs for 10 years if we are in the bottom half of the league"?
            Last edited by NCAA watcher; 06-16-2021, 03:52 PM.
            The Souza record:
            15-16 10th place
            16-17 10th place
            17-18 11th place
            18-19 8th place
            19-20 9th place
            20-21 10th place
            21-22 9th place
            22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              Bold initiative from UNH's erstwhile Sub AD, to ensure that no coach earning $400K plus will have to put "DNQ" on his or her resume. Now they can all be secure in knowing that whetever the team did the prior 34 games, they may win a game with a lucky bounce.

Thankfully HE hired someone who isn't just looking out for the top 4 teams, but bringing the perspective and institutional knowledge of "how can we stay in our jobs for 10 years if we are in the bottom half of the league"?
              Ain't that the truth ...

Comment

• Six years ago earlier this week .........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62liEU1HO0Y

Comment

• A few weeks ago, I had my first trip up that way and was able to take a walk around campus between getting off the train and catching the bus down to Portsmouth. Even got to poke my head in and see the rink. What a terrific experience. Beautiful campus, cool town, great rink and really super people. Thanks for the warm welcome to New Hampshire! I hope our Wildcats get to come out and meet yours someday in the near future!
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Well all, after 41 years in education, I am retiring effective Tuesday! Woot!! It's been a great ride but time to exit. Hoping to get to a ton of games next year!!! Happy Summer to all...hope that you are all well and are looking forward to a relaxing summer...
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Six years ago earlier this week .........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62liEU1HO0Y
                      oh you had to remind me! Remember that night, Patrick Kane with the dagger. I think? Hope you are ready for a great Summer Snively!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

oh you had to remind me! Remember that night, Patrick Kane with the dagger. I think? Hope you are ready for a great Summer Snively!
                        And, TvR's name got onto the Lord Stanley Cup, for relevance to this thread. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

And, TvR's name got onto the Lord Stanley Cup, for relevance to this thread. :-)
                          Oh even bigger duh...I was just packing that autographed pic of him holding the cup as I cleaned out my room!

Comment

• Habs are starting to look like this year's team of destiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Habs are starting to look like this year's team of destiny.
                              Was I the only one thinking about Ty Conklin after that tying goal last night?

Although I think Fleury's gaffe was worst since Ty had some help.
                              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Well all, after 41 years in education, I am retiring effective Tuesday! Woot!! It's been a great ride but time to exit. Hoping to get to a ton of games next year!!! Happy Summer to all...hope that you are all well and are looking forward to a relaxing summer...
                                Congrats 'Ref!! Yes, looking forward to the Whitt again this winter!!
                                UNH

Comment

Working...
                                X