X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcarter7669
    replied
    Originally posted by Vermont2004 View Post
    Any idea when the Hockey East preseason poll will come out? Any thoughts on where UVM might stand? I feel like we have a good incoming class.
    http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/arti...ens-league.php

Vermont was picked to finish last. The good side of that is there's no way to under perform

Leave a comment:

• Vermont2004
    replied
    Any idea when the Hockey East preseason poll will come out? Any thoughts on where UVM might stand? I feel like we have a good incoming class.

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied

UVM announcing some staff updates today.

Pat Dooley joins as equipment manager from Muskegon (USHL)
    Max Gavin joins as Director of Hockey Ops from Adrian (D-III)
    Drew Michals as Volunteer Assistant/Goalie Coach from Franklin Pierce (D-II)

And Patrick Sharp as a coaching advisor, which I'd be more excited for if not for the ongoing 2010 Blackhawks situation considering UVM is going through the exact same thing with the MBB program. Probably unfair to Pat, but it is what it is.

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied
    Home schedule per the Gutterson master schedule...double checking to make sure I didn't miss a midweek game somewhere, but here:

Oct 2 vs McGill
    Oct 8-9 vs Colgate
    Oct 16 vs Quinnipiac
    Oct 23 vs RPI
    Oct 29-30 vs Boston College
    Nov 19-20 vs Providence
    Dec 10-11 vs UMass Lowell
    Jan 14-15 vs Northeastern
    Jan 28-29 vs Alaska
    Feb 11 vs UNH
    Feb 13 vs Merrimack
    Feb 25-26 vs UMass

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied
    Quick thing I wrote about UVM's sudden European pipeline. Trying to get back into writing regularly again. Not really much I haven't already said here and elsewhere, but it's there.

https://catamountcountry.wordpress.c...ting-frontier/

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied
    Some alumni news spotted today: Nick Luukko ('15) has been named head coach & Director of Hockey Ops of the ECHL's Jacksonville IceMen.

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
    Interesting article from the QMJHL draft apparently UVM has a commitment from the highest ranked eligible goalie Daniel Heroux out of Quebec. He was taken in the 7th round and is ranked 26th overall by NHL Central Scouting for his draft year https://www.saltwire.com/atlantic-ca...aft-100604829/

https://twitter.com/WillyPalov/statu...03247146606592

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../daniel-heroux
    McMahon just tweeted it out, and I trust him on recruiting matters.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Catamount
    replied
    Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post

Believe that it was confirmed that only Brian Kelly is coming back for the extra year.

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure...are they only going to carry 2 goalies this year? It's probably been done but it's also a risk if one of them gets hurt and there's no backup but just going over some of the lists of who is coming and going they already have quite the roster size to begin with near 30 players. I think we will only know for sure when the school puts out its roster for the upcoming season.

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post

I bet if he does well next year with a full season he gets drafted because it's really hard to show yourself in 12 games on a bad team and being the youngest guy on the team and only putting up a point. Pretty interesting that Munzenberger was drafted and that he's coming here this year since I think most of us thought he wasn't coming untiil next year? I'll take it, they might as well get here and develop and hopefully with an interruption free season there are some slow gains.

So that puts team at 5 picks on the roster for next year, 6 when Thomas comes and hopefully 7 when Dovar has a good year and gets taken next season...positive signs but to me getting the foundation down and starting to get back to being respected is more important than the number of draft picks. Also do we know for sure if Tyler Harmon is coming back for his extra year?
    Believe that it was confirmed that only Brian Kelly is coming back for the extra year.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Catamount
    replied
    Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Dovar Tinling undrafted

I bet if he does well next year with a full season he gets drafted because it's really hard to show yourself in 12 games on a bad team and being the youngest guy on the team and only putting up a point. Pretty interesting that Munzenberger was drafted and that he's coming here this year since I think most of us thought he wasn't coming untiil next year? I'll take it, they might as well get here and develop and hopefully with an interruption free season there are some slow gains.

So that puts team at 5 picks on the roster for next year, 6 when Thomas comes and hopefully 7 when Dovar has a good year and gets taken next season...positive signs but to me getting the foundation down and starting to get back to being respected is more important than the number of draft picks. Also do we know for sure if Tyler Harmon is coming back for his extra year?

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied
    Dovar Tinling undrafted

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied
    Cal Thomas goes #171 to Arizona!

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied
    Andrei Buyalsky goes #92 to Colorado!

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied
    Luca Muenzenberger goes #90 to Edmonton!

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Catamount
    replied
    The Athletic did a full NHL mock draft which is quite the undertaking https://theathletic.com/2708052/2021...-seven-rounds/

For UVM recruits it has:

Cal Thomas in the 5th round
    Andrei Buyalsky in the 5th round
    Dovar Tinling in the 7th round

Leave a comment:

Working...
X