Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Bulldogs 2019-2020 season thread

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
    More like Yale chokes against Harvard. You guys had the two points in the bank and let it get away. If not for Kasperski in OT, we would have made it three for three this season.
    After the two previous debacles, I will take a tie at that morgue.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Nice to get three points on the road. Am I kidding myself when I think this team is getting better and better as the season goes on? Except for SHU we have been in a position to win every game since the MSG disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
        Nice to get three points on the road. Am I kidding myself when I think this team is getting better and better as the season goes on? Except for SHU we have been in a position to win every game since the MSG disaster.
        The forecheck has gotten much better, lots of points off of turnovers. They have gelled somehow and look alot better. Pretty much looking good for a home playoff series as well.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Cornell loss expected, nice bounce back against Colgate. Seniors were honored. My wife wanted a new Yale sweatshirt and the merchandise store at Ingalls was closed all weekend. Someone noted that possibly there might be a re-design of logos going on. It has been heard that the new AD wants to remove any logos containing the bulldog. I find it hard to believe, but who knows. Yale has the possibility of finishing anywhere between 5th and 9th in the ECAC standings. Going to be an interesting final weekend.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Missed both games. I was out of town and just got back. It looks like the weekend went as expected. Cornell is just better and also seems to be a bad match up for Yale. Yale should have beaten Colgate at Colgate so a win was expected. Need one point next weekend to guarantee home ice no matter what happens elsewhere.

Comment

Heard from a very reliable source that logos going forward will only contain the letter "Y" or "YALE". Also mentioned, Campus Customs, the vendor for Ingalls merchandise concession for many years is on the outs with the University, hence the closure of the Ingalls concession. The AD needs to remember that Yale Mens Hockey is signature sport on campus. It seems to me the program is slowly fading under her regime, and is not a priority for the University as it once was under Becketts control.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                Heard from a very reliable source that logos going forward will only contain the letter "Y" or "YALE". Also mentioned, Campus Customs, the vendor for Ingalls merchandise concession for many years is on the outs with the University, hence the closure of the Ingalls concession. The AD needs to remember that Yale Mens Hockey is signature sport on campus. It seems to me the program is slowly fading under her regime, and is not a priority for the University as it once was under Becketts control.
                I haven't heard one positive comment about Vicki from anyone who has been a supporter of Yale athletics in any sport.

She seems to have come in to shake things up. Who can blame her. Under Beckett, Yale has been a power in hockey, LAX, and Men's crew with national championships. Basketball has become a perennial contender as has baseball in the league. And even though it took a while football has made a comeback. In addition, many of the so called minor sports also became successful under Beckett. No wonder she has come in with her own agenda. Who wants that kind of success.

Comment

Weekend Preview: Brown/Yale

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...brownyale.html
                  QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                  2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                  2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                  2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                  https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                  https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                  https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Always good to come from behind, clinching a home series next week. Crazy scenarios as to the next opponent in the ECAC playoffs, will have to wait until everything shakes out Saturday. Might as well shock QPAC and control their fate.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Considering Yale was 2-7 at the end of November, home ice in the first round and a winning ECAC record going into the game at Q is a positive.

Comment

They will need to gain a point somehow !!! We win the TB vs. 'gate. but lose TB (3rd) to Dart...… by wide margin if H 4th, closer if RPI 4th.
                        Last edited by yaledoc; 02-28-2020, 10:05 PM. Reason: included 2nd sentence.

Comment

Yale at home hosting Union next week.

Comment

A disappointing (and really boring) game 1.

Comment

Nice bounce back win, once the Union goalie let one in, it seemed the flood gates opened. Need to play the same game on Sunday, dump and chase and forecheck. Probably the worst officiated game I have seen this year. For whatever reason we don't see Macdonald at Ingalls that often. He and his crew called some very questionable calls against both sides and then missed some of the worst penalties during the game.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Well deserved win, Yale dominated the day. If not for Hanson this game should have been a rout.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X