• Show
Clear All

• Liveatjrl
    replied
    The 2020-21 Schedules Thread

Michigan Tech schedule:

https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...20-21/schedule

Tentatively placing the GLI as 1/2-1/3.

Bowling Green and Northern Michigan also released schedules so the rest of the WCHA likely to follow ... working on updating spreadsheet.
    Last edited by Liveatjrl; 05-06-2020, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Liveatjrl
    replied
    The 2020-21 Schedules Thread

Merrimack's first home game of the season will be 10/17 v. St. Lawrence. They'll return the trip to SLU in '22-'23.

Spreadsheet updated as of this morning.

If history repeats, WCHA will either be releasing their conference schedule today or next Wednesday.
    Last edited by Liveatjrl; 05-06-2020, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied
    Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
    Wow, this would make sense why the NMU and ND series is back on 1/2-1/3. Harvard was supposed to play in the Vegas tourney but it looks like they did some shuffling around and moved Harvard to the GLI and Vegas found a different team.

Checking with some sources for confirmation.
    Sign me up to go to Vegas, please....

Leave a comment:

• Liveatjrl
    replied
    Re: The 2020-21 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    NMU at North Dakota was confirmed this week.

No official confirmation yet, but that also means NMU is not playing in the GLI. They will be replaced by Harvard as the 4th team.
    Wow, this would make sense why the NMU and ND series is back on 1/2-1/3. Harvard was supposed to play in the Vegas tourney but it looks like they did some shuffling around and moved Harvard to the GLI and Vegas found a different team.

Checking with some sources for confirmation.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied

NMU at North Dakota was confirmed this week.

No official confirmation yet, but that also means NMU is not playing in the GLI. They will be replaced by Harvard as the 4th team.

Leave a comment:

• Liveatjrl
    replied

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Is Northeastern at RPI a two-game series in Troy? Is it a home-and-home? Or just a single game?
    It's not clear yet as a Northeastern source just mentioned a game at RPI.

Normally I would assume that it's 2 at RPI in 20-21 and then 2 at Northeastern 21-22. (At least last 2 seasons when Northeastern played Union they did 2 at NU and then 2 at Union) I'll be putting one of the games in green but the other will be black as that's unknown for now.

Leave a comment:

• sezenack
    replied

Ah thanks - TIL!

Updates:
    Hearing from multiple people/sources that the Ledyard Classic will be Dartmouth, Northeastern, Boston College, and Miami. Matchups not determined yet but in 2013 when 2 HE teams were in the Ledyard Classic - they didn't play each other...

Vegas tourney so far I have heard it's Harvard and UMass. A source knows of a 3rd team but waiting for confirmation.

Northeastern at RPI
    North Dakota v. Northern Michigan is apparently back on 1/2-1/3 ... my guess is the GLI will be Xmas weekend or the Monday/Tuesday like holiday faceoff.

Will update spreadsheet sometime this evening.
    Is Northeastern at RPI a two-game series in Troy? Is it a home-and-home? Or just a single game?

Leave a comment:

• Liveatjrl
    replied

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    An Ohio thing. They conveniently forget they’re a state school like BG, OSU, Kent, and even that godforsaken Toledo. Some of us like to remind them.
    Ah thanks - TIL!

Updates:
    Hearing from multiple people/sources that the Ledyard Classic will be Dartmouth, Northeastern, Boston College, and Miami. Matchups not determined yet but in 2013 when 2 HE teams were in the Ledyard Classic - they didn't play each other...

Vegas tourney so far I have heard it's Harvard and UMass. A source knows of a 3rd team but waiting for confirmation.

Northeastern at RPI
    North Dakota v. Northern Michigan is apparently back on 1/2-1/3 ... my guess is the GLI will be Xmas weekend or the Monday/Tuesday like holiday faceoff.

Will update spreadsheet sometime this evening.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Miami State? I assume this is Miami (OH) not like Michigan State or some other state school?
    An Ohio thing. They conveniently forget they’re a state school like BG, OSU, Kent, and even that godforsaken Toledo. Some of us like to remind them.

Leave a comment:

• Liveatjrl
    replied

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    As mentioned in an interview with head coach Ty Eigner released today, this upcoming season Bowling Green will be:

at St. Lawrence
    Home-and-home with Western Michigan
    Home-and-home with Miami State
    Home against RIT on either 12/31/20 or 1/1/21 at Bowling Green and then at Fifth/Third field in Toledo for the outdoor Winterfest game on 1/2/21 https://www.toledowalleye.com/en/win...college-hockey

This assumes all the standard Covid stuff is/isn't taken into account.
    Miami State? I assume this is Miami (OH) not like Michigan State or some other state school?

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

As mentioned in an interview with head coach Ty Eigner released today, this upcoming season Bowling Green will be:

at St. Lawrence
    Home-and-home with Western Michigan
    Home-and-home with Miami State
    Home against RIT on either 12/31/20 or 1/1/21 at Bowling Green and then at Fifth/Third field in Toledo for the outdoor Winterfest game on 1/2/21 https://www.toledowalleye.com/en/win...college-hockey

This assumes all the standard Covid stuff is/isn't taken into account.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Some Merrimack information.

Oct. 2 - St. Francis Xavier (Ex.)
    Oct. 9 & 10 - @ Penn State

https://www.themackreport.com/news/m...at-penn-state/

Leave a comment:

• Ed Trefzger
    replied

We just published this on USCHO this morning. Conferences are working on alternate schedules. Hockey East and Atlantic Hockey shared some of what they're looking at: https://www.uscho.com/2020/04/21/men...on-in-2020-21/

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Spreadsheet has been updated to date.

I think we all understand that we have no idea what's going to happen for the 2020-21 season. This is something that I look forward to working on during the off season and I know many of you appreciate the spreadsheet. There's no need to make comments that there might not even be a season. If the season starts later or shifts, I can easily make any necessary updates.
    Liveatjrl, Thank you for all your work.

Leave a comment:

• Liveatjrl
    replied

Spreadsheet has been updated to date.

I think we all understand that we have no idea what's going to happen for the 2020-21 season. This is something that I look forward to working on during the off season and I know many of you appreciate the spreadsheet. There's no need to make comments that there might not even be a season. If the season starts later or shifts, I can easily make any necessary updates.

I think new information / schedules might be quiet for now until WCHA releases their schedule which is usually the first or second week of May. I don't know if the annual Naples hockey meeting is happening virtually but that could delay any more news / schedules coming out.

Hope you all are staying healthy and safe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X