CHN Power 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHN Power 16

Three of the top five spots are currently occupied by Big Ten schools. Anybody still clinging to their false theories about the Big Ten being a weak conference?

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/power16.php
    National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
    National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

I don't necessarily think the Big Ten is weak, but I do think it's weak to talk about strengths of conferences in the year where conferences haven't actually played each other.

Comment

So if Miami hadn’t blown the two goal lead to BU in 2009 and BC had held onto their lead to beat Michigan State in 2007 then it would make the two conferences that didn’t even exist yet equal as they would have the same amount of titles? Do I have that correct?

edit: alternatively I suppose the NCHC could just invite Bowling Green to become equal. Or Lake Superior or Michigan Tech to become the superior conference.
      Last edited by jjmc85; 02-18-2021, 12:39 PM.
      #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
        Three of the top five spots are currently occupied by Big Ten schools. Anybody still clinging to their false theories about the Big Ten being a weak conference?

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/power16.php
        Have you missed the fact there haven't been any non conference games? Or that Ohio State, Michigan State and Arizona State blow this year? So how do we really know how good the top Big Ten teams are?

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
          So if Miami hadn’t blown the two goal lead to BU in 2009 and BC had held onto their lead to beat Michigan State in 2007 then it would make the two conferences that didn’t even exist yet equal as they would have the same amount of titles? Do I have that correct?

edit: alternatively I suppose the NCHC could just invite Bowling Green to become equal. Or Lake Superior or Michigan Tech to become the superior conference.
          Isn't it fun when you can take things out of context and claim whatever you want? I'm going to start claiming Lake Superior State is the 2nd best program ever and base it on NCAA titles since 1988.

Boston College: 4
          Lake Superior State: 3
          Denver: 3
          North Dakota: 3
          Minnesota Duluth: 3
          Boston University: 2
          Maine: 2
          Minnesota: 2
          Michigan: 2
          Wisconsin: 2

Comment

Working...