Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in March..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    JBD announced that he will be back next season. Great news!
    Only departure threat left is Pinto correct? If he comes back, this team could very well just pick up where they left off this season. Definitely great news!
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Only departure threat left is Pinto correct? If he comes back, this team could very well just pick up where they left off this season. Definitely great news!
      Yes. I don't expect him to leave but until he says one way or the other, you never know.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
        Yes. I don't expect him to leave but until he says one way or the other, you never know.
        I’d be shocked if he left
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Disappointed for Kawaguchi that he didn't bring home the Hobey, but hopefully it gives him just a little bit of extra motivation next year to get both a Hobey and a National Championship.
          North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Disappointed for Kawaguchi that he didn't bring home the Hobey, but hopefully it gives him just a little bit of extra motivation next year to get both a Hobey and a National Championship.
            My thoughts exactly. Perunovich was deserving as would of Gooch
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Gotta think with the championship game loss this year (), he'll definitely be back.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                Gotta think with the championship game loss this year (), he'll definitely be back.

Yeah, they should be set up. The only thing that might mess things up is the Covid-19 problem.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  Yeah, they should be set up. The only thing that might mess things up is the Covid-19 problem.
                  It will be interesting to see how Covid-19 shapes next season. Currently, seems like there are several different scenarios that could play out: (1) the whole season could be lost due to the crisis; (2) they could have a shortened season, e.g. start in January; (3) certain schools could cancel games or start up at different times; (4) they could play in front of empty crowds for all or a portion of the season; and (5) the season proceeds as normal. There are likely several other scenarios that I'm not thinking of at the moment. Obviously, we all want things to proceed as normal (particularly given the quality of the team), but I'm sure they are planning for various different scenarios.

It's too bad we didn't have the foresight like Minnesota to practice playing real games in front of empty crowds for the last several seasons. But I trust Coach Berry will get the team ready for whatever scenario plays out.
                  North Dakota

Comment

It will be interesting to see how Covid-19 shapes next season. Currently, seems like there are several different scenarios that could play out: (1) the whole season could be lost due to the crisis; (2) they could have a shortened season, e.g. start in January; (3) certain schools could cancel games or start up at different times; (4) they could play in front of empty crowds for all or a portion of the season; and (5) the season proceeds as normal. There are likely several other scenarios that I'm not thinking of at the moment. Obviously, we all want things to proceed as normal (particularly given the quality of the team), but I'm sure they are planning for various different scenarios.

It's too bad we didn't have the foresight like Minnesota to practice playing real games in front of empty crowds for the last several seasons. But I trust Coach Berry will get the team ready for whatever scenario plays out.
                    My biggest fear is that we see a situation where the NHL, minor leagues and maybe some Canadian junior leagues decide to play, maybe with our without crowds, but the NCAA shuts down college sports again, even just through the end of 2020. You could see players bail on the college teams in order to keep playing and not sit idle for six months or longer.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

BU just announced they won’t start school until January.

Comment

BU just announced they won’t start school until January.
                        Link? I know they had put together contingency plans that included potentially holding off on in-person education until January, but it was my understanding that it was not the official plan at this time. Of course, with this crisis, things are pretty fluid.
                        North Dakota

Comment

Link? I know they had put together contingency plans that included potentially holding off on in-person education until January, but it was my understanding that it was not the official plan at this time. Of course, with this crisis, things are pretty fluid.
                          Not official yet

Comment

Over the noon hour I happened to be watching ABC news and they had someone on from BU. Maybe I misunderstood (I certainly hope so) but it sounded like that was the plan.

Comment

Over the noon hour I happened to be watching ABC news and they had someone on from BU. Maybe I misunderstood (I certainly hope so) but it sounded like that was the plan.
                              Yeah, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if in-person teaching is delayed until January across the country. However, I would be surprised by an announcement confirming that in April. Everything that I'm seeing right now, is that for BU it is simply a contingency plan that they are putting in place. Realistically, any competent university should be coming up with (or already have) the same plans in place right now.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Jonny headed to Omaha

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...nsfer-to-Omaha
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X