Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in March..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    If you look at the numbers, both UND and Cornell fell, at least relative to a couple of teams behind them like Mankato and BC.
    I suppose - thanks SJ. I thought the polls gave more-than-token-weight to intangibles over just pure numbers; ie league standing, strength of league, goals in critical moments, etc. I'll take off the homer glasses and look again.

    Comment


    • Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

      Originally posted by bik4u62 View Post
      I suppose - thanks SJ. I thought the polls gave more-than-token-weight to intangibles over just pure numbers; ie league standing, strength of league, goals in critical moments, etc. I'll take off the homer glasses and look again.
      I think by this point in the year, the polls are pretty much, "Hey, what's Pairwise say? OK, put me down for that."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bik4u62 View Post
        Not that I put big value in polls, and I don't want to sound whiny (well, gonna sound whiny no matter), but I'm hoping for insights: how did UND not climb in the rankings? Top PW, top RPI, top team stats, and top of arguably the most difficult league. All things you can't say about this week's #1 pick. ??? OK, I'll shut up.
        Polls are nothing more than a conversation piece. They really mean nothing. Just be in the top 12 pairwise when the tourney comes around
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

        Comment


        • Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

          This time of year, I tend to look at PW as a kind of savings account balance statement. Do you have enough cash reserve to cover unanticipated losses so you can stay in the game when the time comes. It's nice to be at the top for that reason. The floor can come up to meet you pretty quickly with some costly losses.
          Last edited by burd; 01-22-2020, 08:13 AM.

          Comment


          • Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

            Originally posted by bik4u62 View Post
            Not that I put big value in polls, and I don't want to sound whiny (well, gonna sound whiny no matter), but I'm hoping for insights: how did UND not climb in the rankings? Top PW, top RPI, top team stats, and top of arguably the most difficult league. All things you can't say about this week's #1 pick. ??? OK, I'll shut up.
            Well, that shut me up.

            How many breakaways?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bik4u62 View Post
              Well, that shut me up.

              How many breakaways?
              To many to count. D pinched at the wrong times resulting in said breakaways. Scheel is a shell of himself right now. Talk about night and day before the break
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

              Comment


              • Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

                Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                To many to count. D pinched at the wrong times resulting in said breakaways. Scheel is a shell of himself right now. Talk about night and day before the break
                Yeah, they have really struggled in their own end since the turn of the calendar. I saw a stat on Brad Schlossman's twitter: North Dakota allowed 27 goals in the first half of the season. They have allowed 25 goals thus far in January (with two games left to play). Pretty ****ing evidence that it has indeed been night and day since the break.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

                Comment


                • Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

                  Gutsy, and much needed, victory tonight. One of the best regular season college hockey games I've seen in awhile. Thome did not play great, but he played well and came up with a few big saves. Defensively, a much better outing than last night. After Duluth scored back-to-back goals to grab the lead, this team (and many across the country, and almost certain UND's squads the last couple years) could have let it drown them the rest of the game. Instead they stepped up, scored their own set of goals to get the W.

                  Big win. 19-3-3. 6 point lead over DU in the NCHC. #1 in the Pairwise. Good night!

                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    Gutsy, and much needed, victory tonight. One of the best regular season college hockey games I've seen in awhile. Thome did not play great, but he played well and came up with a few big saves. Defensively, a much better outing than last night. After Duluth scored back-to-back goals to grab the lead, this team (and many across the country, and almost certain UND's squads the last couple years) could have let it drown them the rest of the game. Instead they stepped up, scored their own set of goals to get the W.

                    Big win. 19-3-3. 6 point lead over DU in the NCHC. #1 in the Pairwise. Good night!

                    Didnít get to watch any of it last night as I had another commitment. Just what I expected. A split. Nice to see they came back after trailing by one in the third. Should get them back on track moving forward
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

                    Comment


                    • Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

                      I wasn't able to watch the games this weekend but watched a replay of Friday's game. Not good play by the D and Scheel let in three that I thought he could have stopped. There were lots of mistakes that the pre-break team didn't make. I haven't watched Saturday's game yet but it sounds like they played much better - hopefully a sign of things to come. Looks like Berry has a decision to make on who gets the start in goal going forward. Split the starts until one of them takes over the net? I would guess that both will play against CC. I will be at the Ralph for the Denver series. If Berry needs some help deciding I will be happy to offer my opinion.
                      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

                      Comment


                      • Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

                        Worcester Region (Worcester, MA - Host Holy Cross)
                        1. North Dakota vs. 16. American International
                        8. Clarkson vs. 9. Providence

                        Albany Regional (Albany, NY - Host ECAC)
                        2. Cornell vs. 15. Northern Michigan
                        7. Massachusetts vs. 10. Ohio State

                        Allentown Region (Allentown, PA - Host Penn State)
                        3. Minnesota State vs. 14. New Hampshire
                        6. Penn State vs. 11. Arizona State

                        Loveland Region (Loveland, CO - Host Denver)
                        4. Denver vs. 13. Northeastern
                        5. Boston College vs. 12. Minnesota Duluth

                        https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...ook-two-months
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                          Worcester Region (Worcester, MA - Host Holy Cross)
                          1. North Dakota vs. 16. American International
                          8. Clarkson vs. 9. Providence

                          Albany Regional (Albany, NY - Host ECAC)
                          2. Cornell vs. 15. Northern Michigan
                          7. Massachusetts vs. 10. Ohio State

                          Allentown Region (Allentown, PA - Host Penn State)
                          3. Minnesota State vs. 14. New Hampshire
                          6. Penn State vs. 11. Arizona State

                          Loveland Region (Loveland, CO - Host Denver)
                          4. Denver vs. 13. Northeastern
                          5. Boston College vs. 12. Minnesota Duluth

                          https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...ook-two-months
                          I love those brackets! Und is in the perfect one

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
                            I love those brackets! Und is in the perfect one
                            Loveland Region is the region from hell
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

                            Comment


                            • Re: University of North Dakota '19-'20 Season Thread - There's this Tournament in Mar

                              Thome with a 25 save shutout over CC 1-0. I only was able to watch the third and I thought they were the better team. Thome deserves another start tomorrow but ya never know with Berry
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                                Thome with a 25 save shutout over CC 1-0. I only was able to watch the third and I thought they were the better team. Thome deserves another start tomorrow but ya never know with Berry
                                The announcers said it was gonna be scheel. Not sure if they know already but I'm with you, Thome should start.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X