Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    The Dartmouth men's twitter account is conducting a poll MTU Huskies vs Uconn huskies. So far UConn is way ahead so please go vote.
    Wife went to UCONN. I can assure you they have no intention of being a hockey power. Look out if the women’s b-ball team schedules a trip to Houghton.

By the way, how is it that no-hardware Dartmouth initiates this???
    Go Huskies!

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
      Wife went to UCONN. I can assure you they have no intention of being a hockey power. Look out if the women’s b-ball team schedules a trip to Houghton.

By the way, how is it that no-hardware Dartmouth initiates this???
      Who knows but we lost by a lot!
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Feh. UConn is barely the fourth best Huskies program out of 4. Closer to 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Who knows but we lost by a lot!
          East coast bias

Comment

If that's Tech's worst fate in the next 12 months, I'll be a happy man.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              If that's Tech's worst fate in the next 12 months, I'll be a happy man.

I'm hoping we pick up some recruit who isn't going to a big team and decides to look elsewhere.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                I'm hoping we pick up some recruit who isn't going to a big team and decides to look elsewhere.
                You should also be hoping that Carson Bantle doesn't decommit over the next year and decide to go to a bigger name program. I see that he's projected for 21-22. It might be a good idea to bring him in this coming season to try and preclude that possibility. I think it's pretty likely that some schools are going to try and get him to change his mind.
                Last edited by Bill; 04-09-2020, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  You should also be hoping that Carson Bantle doesn't decommit over the next year and decide to go to a bigger name program. I see that he's projected for 21-22. It might be a good idea to bring him in this coming season to try and preclude that possibility.
                  I believe he is slated to be in Houghton this fall.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

You should also be hoping that Carson Bantle doesn't decommit over the next year and decide to go to a bigger name program. I see that he's projected for 21-22. It might be a good idea to bring him in this coming season to try and preclude that possibility. I think it's pretty likely that some schools are going to try and get him to change his mind.
                    I don't know where you're getting 21-22, but he'll be here in the fall, heisenberg/elite prospects aren't exactly trustworthy when it comes to when players are coming in.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      I don't know where you're getting 21-22, but he'll be here in the fall, heisenberg/elite prospects aren't exactly trustworthy when it comes to when players are coming in.
                      College Hockey Inc and Elite Prospects both had him as a 21-22. It's good that you're getting him in this fall, assuming there will be a 20-21 season.

Comment

College Hockey Inc and Elite Prospects both had him as a 21-22. It's good that you're getting him in this fall, assuming there will be a 20-21 season.
                        There will be some form of a 20-21 season. It might be more of a 21 season and some empty or near empty arenas, but there will be some form of a season.

We should have our e-sports team up and active by then. We could always play other schools that way, he says half joking.

Comment

He's 21, so he must be joining the team this fall (assuming there's a season).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            He's 21, so he must be joining the team this fall (assuming there's a season).

I'm assuming this is similar to David Raisanen, good kid to add for depth but likely limited $ and just there provide depth with needed.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                              In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the only freshman defenseman next year is a late-bloomer who hasn't committed yet (like, say, Tim Erkkila, Ryan Dickinson or Jed Pietila, all of whom are from Brighton/Howell and have been nominated for NAHL defenseman of the month at least once this season). Ten defensemen on the roster is a good number.
                              Would've been my last choice of the three (maybe the staff's too), but hey! I'm getting pretty good at this!

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                                Would've been my last choice of the three (maybe the staff's too), but hey! I'm getting pretty good at this!
                                You could start a recruiting service.
                                Last edited by Lost_Husky; 04-17-2020, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X