SaveSeawolfHockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaveSeawolfHockey

The UAA Seawolves save Seawolf hockey got a big donation yesterday...
    The NHL's newest team the Seattle Kraken is teaming with UAA hockey
    The ownership and staff committed $100K over 2 years and challenge 10 other businesses to do the same. Plus, look for the Kraken to recognize uaahockey on the reg & a proposed Alaska hockey day in Seattle.

UAA needs three million dollars, half up front--half in pledges, for the University to reinstate hockey for 2021-22. Deadline February 15th.

The alpline ski team raised $628,000 by Christmas and their program was reinstated. Womens gymnastic also has to raise $$$ or their program in Anchorage goes bye--bye...

Update, UAA stays alive for now: https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/20...nd-gymnastics/

Comment

Min St. Mav fan here: A couple of weeks ago I sent $25 to support the UAA hockey program. Today I received a thank you card in the mail, from the SaveSeawolfHockey organization. Also attached in that card was a nice personal note written by coach Curley.

My donation is chicken feed compared to what UAA needs to jump-start their program. However, sending a card was a thoughtful gesture and very classy of them. I hope they achieve their goal and get up and running again for 2021-22.

College hockey needs UAA, and Alabama-Huntsville.

All the best...

Comment

DoubleMajor... same here. I sent Huntsville $25, so when Anchorage was looking, I thought, ‘why not?’
        Today I opened a card that was hand-written, including a small signed note from the coach. That’s more than I get from Colgate, which sends out the same typed thank-you year after year.
        Think I will send UAA another $25, just telling them to keep doing what they’re doing. Very classy and appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
          DoubleMajor... same here. I sent Huntsville $25, so when Anchorage was looking, I thought, ‘why not?’
          Today I opened a card that was hand-written, including a small signed note from the coach. That’s more than I get from Colgate, which sends out the same typed thank-you year after year.
          Think I will send UAA another $25, just telling them to keep doing what they’re doing. Very classy and appreciated.
          I also donated to Huntsville hockey last summer and got a nice thank you e-mail, which I thought was fine. But a hand written note from the coach (presumably in his own handwriting) is really cool.

I hope that the new NHL team in Seattle can spur the growth of college hockey in the Pacific Northwest with the goal of more regional competition for the two Alaska teams and the Colorado and Arizona DI programs.

If only...

Comment

i am not sure if this is a good thing. ...or an extremely bad thing.

https://www.uscho.com/2021/06/14/aft...chorage-coach/

together with UAH and RMU, bad news seems to be just running amok...

Comment

I can’t imagine it’s good news…
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                i am not sure if this is a good thing. ...or an extremely bad thing.

https://www.uscho.com/2021/06/14/aft...chorage-coach/

together with UAH and RMU, bad news seems to be just running amok...
                How could it be a good thing?

"The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

never a boring moment...

https://www.bucshockey.com/news_article/show/1169920

Comment

UAA will be saved - they believe they'll have the money.

Comment

I sent UAA $25 too as I think having programs in Alaska is quite important. They seem confident they'll get to their target by August.

Comment

https://saveseawolfhockey.com/

As of July 11, $2,450,000 earned out of the $3mil asked. Less than 50 days left

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska1986 View Post
                          https://saveseawolfhockey.com/

As of July 11, $2,450,000 earned out of the $3mil asked. Less than 50 days left
                          There's now three GoFundMe's to try to "save" college hockey teams. None seem likely to accomplish their goal. Save your money. Donate to your local team.
                          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                          ECAC:
                          HEA: UMass
                          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

I'd love to see your card and Double Major's side by side to see whether the handwriting matches. I've "written" plenty of these types of letters as well.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Dear college hockey fans, thank-you for doing our fundraising work for us....

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                              X