NCHC Pick 'Em 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCHC Pick 'Em 2019-2020

Well... I've got a week to come up with something. The best I can do at the moment is scratch the Friday part and to do the tallying for that one myself.

Comment

Re-phrasing: Total goals scored by seniors (home teams only) on Saturday.

Plan B: Total saves by the *starting* goalies each night.

Play-offs deposition to be posted on Monday!

Comment

SweeneyHawksHockey took the week 21 honors with a whopping 30 points. Wow.

The bonus paid out some big money this week though the pi wasn't too tasty for S11R9Seat8.
        Code:
        Player			PIM	Penalties	Total
        John J. MacInnes	2	7		9
        Siouxfaninseattle	3	6		9
        SweeneyHawksHockey	9	0		9
        Bronco Hockey Fan	0	5		5
        TalonsUpPuckDown	0	3		3
        S11R9Seat8		0	0		0

Siouxfaninseattle's big bonus week seems to have settled the race for the Penrose Cup.

Code:
        Rank	Contestant (W/L/SOW/SOL)	This Wk	Points	Bonus	Total	Points %	Games
        1	Siouxfaninseattle (105-60-3-7)	24	328	27	355	.625		175
        2	TalonsUpPuckDown (104-61-5-5)	18	327	22	349	.623		175
        3	SweeneyHawksHockey (97-68-7-3)	30	308	23	331	.587		175
        4	Bronco Hockey Fan (98-64-6-3)	14	309	21	330	.602		171
        5	S11R9Seat8 (95-67-6-4)		18	301	 4	305	.583		172
        6	SJHovey (86-64-6-3)		 0	273	 9	282	.572		159
        7	John  J. MacInnes (78-59-5-5)	24	249	30	279	.565		147

Week 22 picks
        View response summaries
        View response details

Comment

First off, what happened to GoNanooks? Did he drop out entirely?

NCHC Pick 'Em play-offs format:

Since there's only 8 (or 7) of us, obviously it is 4 v 5, 3 v 6, 2 v 7 and 1 v 8/Bye. Whoever has the top seed better pick games in the quarterfinals just in case.

- For the quarterfinals, the picks will count for ALL GAMES, so be sure to pick an outcome for a potential game three in every series. It won't count if the series ends in a sweep. The statistical bonus questions will only count for games 1 and 2.
          - The four winners advance to the semifinals, which will of course, be day one of the Frozen Faceoff, and the NCHC Frozen Faceoff Championship match will be for day two of the real thing.

3 pts for a correct pick. Ties go to the higher seed.

QUARTERFINALS Bonus questions:

1. How many series will need 3 games? (1 pt)
          2. Total goals scored in the 1st period (Friday/Saturday only) (5 pts)
          3. Total shutout periods in regulation (Friday/Saturday only) (3 pts)

To clarify what I mean with #3, I am referring to how many periods will a team hold their opponent scoreless. Example: UND's 1-0 victory over CC earlier this season had 5 shutout periods, because UND obviously shutout CC in all three periods, whereas CC shutout UND in two. In UND's 1-0 OT victory over WMU, there were 6, as both goalies pitched shutouts through the entirety of regulation.

Any questions?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Hockey Fan View Post
            First off, what happened to GoNanooks? Did he drop out entirely?

NCHC Pick 'Em play-offs format:

Since there's only 8 (or 7) of us, obviously it is 4 v 5, 3 v 6, 2 v 7 and 1 v 8/Bye. Whoever has the top seed better pick games in the quarterfinals just in case.

- For the quarterfinals, the picks will count for ALL GAMES, so be sure to pick an outcome for a potential game three in every series. It won't count if the series ends in a sweep. The statistical bonus questions will only count for games 1 and 2.
            - The four winners advance to the semifinals, which will of course, be day one of the Frozen Faceoff, and the NCHC Frozen Faceoff Championship match will be for day two of the real thing.

3 pts for a correct pick. Ties go to the higher seed.

QUARTERFINALS Bonus questions:

1. How many series will need 3 games? (1 pt)
            2. Total goals scored in the 1st period (Friday/Saturday only) (5 pts)
            3. Total shutout periods in regulation (Friday/Saturday only) (3 pts)

To clarify what I mean with #3, I am referring to how many periods will a team hold their opponent scoreless. Example: UND's 1-0 victory over CC earlier this season had 5 shutout periods, because UND obviously shutout CC in all three periods, whereas CC shutout UND in two. In UND's 1-0 OT victory over WMU, there were 6, as both goalies pitched shutouts through the entirety of regulation.

Any questions?
            Single elimination, right? Win or go home?

Edit: It looks like we're down to 6. Seeds 1 and 2 get byes?

Comment

Oh wait, it wasn't GoNanooks, it was gochiefs. My bad. Who else allegedly dropped?

Yes, single elimination. 8-12 picks for the quarters and 2 a piece for the semis and final.

I say put them in the bracket, just in case the others suddenly reappear. If not, then all the top two seeds need is just 1 point to advance, which is essentially a de facto Bye anyway.

I will tally up the senior goals on Saturday, as promised. And I'll post the Frozen Faceoff bonus questions Sunday morning as well.

Comment

It appears SJHovey packed it in.

Comment

I messed up the first bonus question this week and read it just as senior goal scorers rather than home team senior goal scorers so I put in another submission and cut it in half.
                  2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                    I messed up the first bonus question this week and read it just as senior goal scorers rather than home team senior goal scorers so I put in another submission and cut it in half.
                    You’re good.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                      It appears SJHovey packed it in.
                      Woohoo, I moved up two seed lines without even making a pick!

Comment

@BHF, while you're calculating the senior goals bonus question, can you check my math on the starting goalie saves? I came up with 547 but am not sure I did this correctly. I don't think it matters with respect to the Penrose and NACHO cups; Siouxfaninseattle and I had the same picks this week (so I can't make up the .001 on the pick percentage) and there aren't enough bonus points outstanding for me to make up the difference from last week. So unofficially, Siouxfaninseattle appears to have swept the regular season hardware. However, your bonus calculations may affect the playoff seeding.

Comment

Sorry it took so long, my laptop is a snail today.

Starting Goalie saves -

CC-DEN - 36 Friday, 62 Saturday (98 total)
                          SCSU-UMD - 53 Friday, 48 Saturday (101 total)
                          NODAK-UNO - 30 Friday, 40 Saturday (70 total)
                          MIA-WMU - 69 Friday, 32 Saturday (101 total)

Grand Total = 370 saves by the starting goaltenders.

Senior Night goals - 0 from both Omaha and Duluth (6 goals, none by seniors?), 1 by Denver (Davies) and 4 by Western Michigan (Allison, McGing hat trick)

Grand total = 5 Senior Night goals

Comment

Final standings. Congrats to Siouxfaninseattle who officially swept the regular season awards (Penrose by 7 and NACHO by .001).

Code:
                            Rank	Contestant (W/L/SOW/SOL)	This Wk	Points	Bonus	Total	Points %	Games
                            1	Siouxfaninseattle (111-61-4-7)	24	348	31	379	.630		184
                            2	TalonsUpPuckDown (110-62-6-5)	23	347	25	372	.629		184
                            3	SweeneyHawksHockey (102-70-8-3)	21	325	27	352	.589		184
                            4	Bronco Hockey Fan (103-66-7-3)	19	326	23	349	.604		180
                            5	S11R9Seat8 (100-69-7-4)		17	318	 4	322	.586		181
                            6	John  J. MacInnes (84-60-6-5)	23	269	33	302	.575		156
                            7	SJHovey (86-64-6-3)		 0	273	 9	282	.569		160
                            8	gochiefs (78-51-4-4)		 0	246	 7	253	.594		138
                            Playoff matches (@BHF, is this correct?):
                            • Siouxfaninseattle vs. gochiefs/bye
                            • TalonsUpPuckDown vs. SJHovey/bye
                            • SweeneyHawksHockey vs. John J. MacInnes
                            • Bronco Hockey Fan vs. S11R9Seat8

No link to the detailed picks will be provided since we're now head-to-head.

Playoffs Round 1
                            View response summaries

Comment

Yes, that is correct.

Comment

I see that FightingSioux23 is going to run a simulator to determine the "winners" of the conference playoffs all the way through the FF. What do you all think about continuing the Pick-Em using the simulator? I know it's maybe a little late (not everyone will read that thread or this one) so we could pass on tonight's games is that's what people think. What do you think? I am going to be proactive and make picks.
                                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Working...
                                X