• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Trefzger
    replied
    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Anybody hear anything from Atlantic Hockey? Full steam ahead with fans this weekend?
    Have not heard anything as of yet. I expect to get a notification from RIT athletic communications as soon as there is news.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Trefzger
    replied

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
    Basketball tourney is limiting its games to a handful of people, only a matter of time before hockey does the same or my name is not Orville Redenbocker. 😊
    Hockey is included in the same ban as basketball.

Leave a comment:

• blazer777
    replied
    Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Anybody hear anything from Atlantic Hockey? Full steam ahead with fans this weekend?
    Basketball tourney is limiting its games to a handful of people, only a matter of time before hockey does the same or my name is not Orville Redenbocker. 😊

Leave a comment:

• Downstate_RIT_Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
    Ah, my mistake. I indeed thought you were talking about the RIT games.

In other news, Harvard is forfeiting their playoff games at RPI this weekend. This seems a little bit draconian, given that RPI has already taken the step of playing without spectators. I guess it's probably related to Harvard sending the kids home and not allowing them to stay in the dorms - disbanding athletics for the rest of the semester is probably part of that. Feel terrible for the kids whose careers are going to end without even a chance to play their way into the NCAA tourney.

Leave a comment:

• jflory81
    replied

Originally posted by joew74 View Post
    I think we may be talking about 2 different things here:

The post by Transplanted Tiger Fan is in regard to the Cornell hockey games, which were originally believed to have been being played without spectators.

On the other hand, some of us (and maybe I'm the only one!) are wondering if there is any chance this is going to happen with the RIT games. From my standpoint at least, this is based purely on conjecture, and is not rooted in any rumors or other information I might have heard (because I haven't heard any). It's purely me wondering out loud if this is something that is under any serious consideration, since some other schools in NY (RPI as well) have already announced they will play this weekend's games behind closed doors.
    Ah, my mistake. I indeed thought you were talking about the RIT games.

In other news, Harvard is forfeiting their playoff games at RPI this weekend. This seems a little bit draconian, given that RPI has already taken the step of playing without spectators. I guess it's probably related to Harvard sending the kids home and not allowing them to stay in the dorms - disbanding athletics for the rest of the semester is probably part of that. Feel terrible for the kids whose careers are going to end without even a chance to play their way into the NCAA tourney.

Leave a comment:

• joew74
    replied

I haven't heard/seen anything about this online....at all, including on the RIT Hockey twitter page. They might want to get the info out there if they don't want to be turning away disgruntled customers at the door on Friday...
    I think we may be talking about 2 different things here:

The post by Transplanted Tiger Fan is in regard to the Cornell hockey games, which were originally believed to have been being played without spectators.

On the other hand, some of us (and maybe I'm the only one!) are wondering if there is any chance this is going to happen with the RIT games. From my standpoint at least, this is based purely on conjecture, and is not rooted in any rumors or other information I might have heard (because I haven't heard any). It's purely me wondering out loud if this is something that is under any serious consideration, since some other schools in NY (RPI as well) have already announced they will play this weekend's games behind closed doors.

Leave a comment:

• mar7967
    replied

I haven't heard/seen anything about this online....at all, including on the RIT Hockey twitter page. They might want to get the info out there if they don't want to be turning away disgruntled customers at the door on Friday...
    They announced the menus for the club lounge today, so it seems like all things are still pointing to games with a crowd.

Leave a comment:

• jflory81
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 35TH40TH
    replied
    Wedesday at 1130am and they are still running radio ads for this weekends games.

Leave a comment:

• Transplanted Tiger Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Cornell has already banned all fans to this weekend's men's and women's home playoff games.
    Local news updated this during the morning segment... apparently they are allowing spectators, but limited to 3 people per individual team member and team staff... opposing team included. So basically, each participant is allowed three guests to attend.

Stay tuned...

Leave a comment:

• joew74
    replied

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Cornell has already banned all fans to this weekend's men's and women's home playoff games.
    RPI also did the same thing earlier this week. But that was based more on the fact that there were at least 2 confirmed cases in the capital district, rather than just generally being proactive. I'm hoping that RIT doesn't go the same route, but with 2 days still before the games, and seemingly more events going this route, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to err on the side of caution. I hope I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
    An Ivy League Basketball tournament was canceled and the auto entry to the NCAA TOURNAMENT was given to the season champions. All due to the Coronavirus. Will this happen in Atlantic Hockey too?

Leave a comment:

• blazer777
    replied

An Ivy League Basketball tournament was canceled and the auto entry to the NCAA TOURNAMENT was given to the season champions. All due to the Coronavirus. Will this happen in Atlantic Hockey too?

Leave a comment:

• jflory81
    replied

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    Well last year they definitely had that go to line, but couldn't get it a goal vs. Niagara, so it can go either way. My point is it is kind of a wonder who do you put on the ice when you have to have a goal...
    Heck, I'd argue the year after the MGM team they didn't have a go to line and still won the AHA championship (it was the 2nd line that went off during championship weekend) and that the Frozen Four team had relatively balanced scoring as well (although they certainly had a go to top defensive pairing to match against other team's top lines). It was the year after that Favot/Brenner really became the dominating force for the team, and unfortunately they couldn't come up with a goal against Air Force in the 1-0 game in the final.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Naeger
    replied

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    I beat that drum repeatedly in the post-Brenner/Favot and post-MGM line years. Mostly everyone on here dismissed it and said stuff like "RIT has balanced scoring across all lines, so we don't need it". Funny how it works out that when they have a line like that, they win multiple championships and when they don't, they get upset by the 11th place team in the first round. But I guess I'm the crazy one... and now you are, too. Hah!
    Well last year they definitely had that go to line, but couldn't get it a goal vs. Niagara, so it can go either way. My point is it is kind of a wonder who do you put on the ice when you have to have a goal...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X